Notices
Honda Civic (2016 - Current) 10th Generation Civic Forum Civic / Si / Type-R Discussions

What is the cost of 2017 Honda Civic & is it worth a 100K BMW Trade?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the cost of 2017 Honda Civic & is it worth a 100K BMW Trade?

I am in the market for a new vehicle. I have had a 2012 BMW 5 Series for several years and it is creeping up on 100k miles. I am very worried about keeping a BMW over 100k miles as I know it is going to cost an arm and a leg to fix.

I have done a bit of research and have found Honda is doing a Summerbration event this year beginning in a few days. These are some of the very few articles I was able to find on it:

Is the 2017 Honda Summerbration a Rebate or Sales Event? ? Honda Rebates
2017 Summerbration Event Honda Civic and Accord TV Sales Commercial ? Honda Expert

So, it seems everyone is a little be secretive about the actual price of a newer model Honda Civic. A dealership close to me has this article Honda Civic July 2017 Markdowns and Specials in NC but it is very vague.

How much am I going to pay for a 2017 Honda Civic? A ballpark range is fine. Also, is there anywhere to find a Civic that has about 15k to 20k miles on it that has recently been traded in? Any knowledge is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: What is the cost of 2017 Honda Civic & is it worth a 100K BMW Trade?

Originally Posted by alexmckay
I am in the market for a new vehicle. I have had a 2012 BMW 5 Series for several years and it is creeping up on 100k miles. I am very worried about keeping a BMW over 100k miles as I know it is going to cost an arm and a leg to fix.

I have done a bit of research and have found Honda is doing a Summerbration event this year beginning in a few days. These are some of the very few articles I was able to find on it:

Is the 2017 Honda Summerbration a Rebate or Sales Event? ? Honda Rebates
2017 Summerbration Event Honda Civic and Accord TV Sales Commercial ? Honda Expert

So, it seems everyone is a little be secretive about the actual price of a newer model Honda Civic. A dealership close to me has this article Honda Civic July 2017 Markdowns and Specials in NC but it is very vague.

How much am I going to pay for a 2017 Honda Civic? A ballpark range is fine. Also, is there anywhere to find a Civic that has about 15k to 20k miles on it that has recently been traded in? Any knowledge is greatly appreciated.
I purchased a 2017 civic SI last month in Bridgeport, WV. The dealership wanted $25,750 for it. I negotiated the deal over 2 weeks, and got them down to $22,900 with a decent finance APR. If you can afford it, just buy one that is brand new. The difference in price for a slightly used one isn't going to be worth not knowing how it was broken in. I highly recommend test driving one, letting the dealer think they have you, then telling them you want a color/style they don't have. This will get you up to $1,000 off immediately. Also if they charge extra for pain protection, refuse to pay for it. This will save you another $400-$900. I would also recommend negotiating mostly over the phone so they can't wear you out by making you sit and wait. If they say "have a seat while I talk to the manager", don't. Just get up and follow them.
I love my SI, and the 2017 models are super solid all around. Great performance, great standard features, and great price point. Totally buy one.