Notices
Vehicles for sale Post vehicles for sale only

LA *Authentic & Restored* RHD 1992 Honda Civic EG6 SiR-S

Old 12-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *Authentic & Restored* RHD 1992 Honda Civic EG6 SiR-S

So... after a few months of owning and restoring this thing I have decided to start the process of letting it go to someone that will enjoy it more than me. I'm getting married soon and want to consolidate my cars so I can order a new car this summer. It's going to be a long thread so I'll make this disclaimer now.

If you have an issue with my asking price or my methods please feel free to send me an email or private message. Please do not clutter up my thread.

I have built/bought/sold over a dozen high dollar Hondas over the last few years. I have personally built many magazine featured cars as well as assisted in the design and creation of many more. I have been a part of the Honda tuning community for over 12 years and consider myself a professional.

I am honest. I take pride in my work and the cars I build. I may consider things as flaws that most will not care about. I don't bullshit around so I expect the same from any interested buyer.

I do not want to trade. For anything. Unless of course you have a Lamborghini, and in that case you shouldn't trade for a Honda Civic. Please do not send me requests to trade, they will not be answered.

This car was not built with zip ties and electrical tape. Every modification was done correctly with the utmost care and quality. If it required a specific bolt or screw, I bought it. If the OE hardware was wrong or ugly, it was replaced. The car was built to be a great driver, be reliable, comfortable but most of all, quality.

The car is registered and comes with a Louisiana title, in my name. It was registered before me and has been bought and sold a few times in the USA since 2008. I do not know how it was done. Please do not ask.

The car is NOT my daily driver. I drive it once or twice out of the week if the weather is right. The car hasn't been driven in the rain since I finished it and it has been hand washed once.

Now that my disclaimer is out of the way, I appreciate your interested in this thread. For a full break down of the build of this car, you can visit here: http://forums.nwp4life.com/zerothread?id=44282

Car information

MY: 1992
Make: Honda
Model: Civic
Trim: SiR-S
Mileage: OEM Odometer reads about 252,xxx KM. (about 156k miles. The car has been driven about 2500km since the restoration, about 1500 miles. That means ALL OF THE PARTS LISTED AS NEW HAVE ABOUT 1500 MILES ON THEM)
Ext: Milano Red R-81
Int: Light gray / Black Tweed
Trans: 5spd manual
Engine: B16A 1.6L
Title: Clear US title in hand & insured

Exterior Notes:
The exterior of the car has been meticulously cared for. Panel fitment, gaps, paint quality, ect is all on point. The outside is better than new. The previous owners rolled the rear fenders and subsequently cracked what appeared to be a previous repair and then resulted in a bit of surface rust. It has ALL been repaired with metal the correct way and is 100%. ALL of the fender wells have been coated in a rubberized sound deadening undercoat.

This car was brought down to the bare metal. I have seen EVERY panel without paint and it has NEVER been wrecked. The rear of the car appeared to have been previously repaired but didn't look to be from a collision. I think it was damaged in the container, or by a fork lift. In any case, it was repaired and everything is as normal. All of the dents were hammered out and smoothed, very, very little body filler was used, none was used to repair dents. I'm extremely particular about paint and body work and this car happens to be painted by one of the best that I know. I welcome anyone to inspect it. It has been wet sanded and buffed. There is no orange peel. The car was painted with Sherman Williams Ultra 7000 series materials.

There are no dents. There are no scratches. The doors shut properly. I bought all new hardware and components so that the doors would shut like new. I can't stand Honda doors that are worn out and fall when you open them. They did that when I bought the car so it had to be fixed.

The side moldings are painted gray. If you don't like them, I'll take them off and keep them or sell them. They were painted three different times just so that the shade was correct. I had someone send me an OE molding from overseas so the color could be scanned and reproduced. They are 100% accurately colored for the pre-94-95 MY.

Exterior Specifications:
Full respray / color change to Milano Red. (the car was originally Lausanne Green.)
-Exterior
-Door jams
-Engine bay
- New OEM Honda side skirts
- New OEM Honda rear bumper
- NEW OEM Honda RH side fender
- New OEM Honda door moldings
- New OEM Honda windshield moldings
- New OEM Honda quarter glass moldings
- OEM JDM Honda bronze glass
- All if it is in perfect, unadulterated condition. The front windshield was broken when the car was painted. It was replaced by a perfect used bronze glass from Hmotors.
- Refurbished cowl
- Repainted, has all new clips and a new OEM Honda hood seal
- EDM Glass headlights (these are not OEM)
- No nipples & has city lights and does not use the shitty JDM H4H bulbs
- OEM JDM Stanley clear corner lights
- OEM JDM Stanley Sidemarkers
- OEM JDM Stanley Taillights
- OEM JDM Rear LED Spoiler
- OEM JDM Power fold mirrors
- OEM JDM Thin side moldings (painted in the original graphite color)
- NEW OEM Honda "H" front and rear emblems
- NEW OEM JDM "DOHC VTEC" door stickers
- NEW OEM JDM "Civic" raised rear plastic emblem
- NEW OEM JDM "SiR-S" rear sticker
- NEW OEM JDM Antenna delete w/gaskter
- NEW OEM Honda front plate delete plugs
- Painted roof moldings like they came from Honda on the "S" model
- NEW OEM Honda mud flaps
- NEW OEM Honda front inner fender liners w/OEM Hardware
- NEW OEM JDM Honda factory chassis stickers (under hood sticker, door jam sticker, gas door, ect)
- First Molding Carbon Fiber front lip (purchased through ICB)
- NEW Bosch wiper blades w/repainted arms (front and rear)
- NEW Rear hatch shocks
- NEW Door strikers (both sides)
- NEW Door checker (both sides)
- NEW Door pins
- NEW RH door hinges
- J's Racing "Honda Primo" upper windshield banner
- NEW JDM parking decal
- NEW JDM ETC sticker (electronic toll collection system)

Engine / Cooling
-Original JDM B16 Engine
- Timing belt, ect done about 30,000km ago by previous owner
- NEW spark plugs
- Blue NGK Spark plug wires
- NEW Penzoil synthetic oil
- SPOON drop in air filter
- OEM JDM Intake tube and airbox
- Freshly cleaned and repainted
- ALL NEW and FRESHLY ZINC coated bolts and hardware
- repainted engine brackets
- Innovative billet mounts, 60A black anodized
- PLM 4-2-1 Stainless header
- RS*R ExMag full stainless exhaust (VERY QUIET, slightly louder than OEM)
- USDM B18C5 transmission (shifts perfect)
- Buddy Club Short Shifter
- Driveshaft Shop level 0 axles
- AEM fuel rail
- Hybrid Racing fuel pressure gauge
- ChaseBays CM1 engine wiring harness
- Hybrid Racing stainless clutch line
- NEW OEM Honda slave cylinder
- NEW OEM Honda fork boot
- OEM dual core radiator w/slim fan
- Billion Cooling hoses
- OEM Honda coolant
- New OEM Honda overflow tank, tube and clamps
- T-bolt clamps all around
- NEW OEM Honda heater hoses & clamps
- Chipped P28 w/ Hondata S300
- PLX SM-AFR Wideband sensor (does not have a gauge)
- K-Tech Super Lambda series valve cover (basecoat clearcoat)
- NEW OEM Honda valve cover hardware/grommet set and gasket
- NEW belts (AC/Alt and PS)
- SEEKER oil cap
- SEEKER radiator cap
- NEW Battery (2yr warranty)
- NEW OEM Battery tray / tie down & rods
- OEM JDM fuse box cover (green sticker)

Engine Bay / Misc Engine

The engine bay received just as much if not more attention than the exterior of the car. Since the engine was in perfect shape the bay had to be perfect. I cleaned every clip, (replaced what I could get from American Honda) and did everything I could to make it 100%. Since SO much work went into the bay, I'll try to explain the most significant stuff first. The engine bay was sanded down and any surface rust that was there got sanded down, sealed / primed and painted. The stock CMC had been leaking for years so the underside of the car required a bit of attention. It is all 100% now.

- Freshly painted engine bay
- Engine bay wire tuck
- This is another area that I spent a LOT of time on. I have been wiring for the last ten years and have done probably 30 or so wire tucks on cars over the years. I know how to properly solder wires. I know how to properly run wires and I am extremely proficient at creating a good looking harness using heat shrink and nylon braided sleeving. All of the connectors received a portion of dielectric grease to prevent corrosion and MOST of the wiring for the headlights and AC/FAN,ect is actually new. New pins, boots and wires were used wherever possible. The wires exit through the factory hole in the door jam and are SEALED by the stock grommet. No water or junk will get through.
- New OEM hardware throughout
- Freshly coated Zinc bolts were used wherever possible

Brakes / Suspension & Steering / Wheels
- 15x7 +40 Mugen MF10L
- Freshly painted Championship white
- New reproduction stickers
- Dunlop Direzza 205/50/15 tires
- 60+% tread left
- Work RS lugnuts w/key
- BC Racing BR Series coilovers
- Skunk2 front pro series camber kit
- Front OEM sway bar
- Energy suspension front lower control arm bushings
- Energy suspension front sway bar bushings
- Moog Ball joints
- Goodrich Stainless Brakes lines
- GSR front brakes
- Slotted rotors (front and rear)
- Semi-metallic brake pads (front and rear)
- Rear GSR brakes
- Energy suspension polyurethane rear trailing arm bushings
- TruHart camber kit
- TruHart toe kit
- Function 7 Rear lower control arms
- Polished ASR rear subframe brace
- OEM rear sway bar
- NEW OEM Honda rear hub caps
- NEW OEM Honda S2000 clutch master cylinder
- ALL IN FAB CMC Spacer
- Rebuilt JDM NISSIN brake master cylinder
- Brand new OEM Honda reservoir
- New O-ring and inner seal
- OEM Honda brake fluid
- NEW Outter tie rods
- NEW OEM Honda steering rack boots & Band clamps
- NEW OEM Honda power steering reservoir
- NEW OEM Honda return power steering lines & clamps
- OEM Honda Power steering fluid
- Replaced OEM high pressure ps line (not available new from Honda of Japan, replacement purchased from HMO)
- The power steering system is this car gave me the most headache. Once I pulled all of the parts out to have the bay painted, I realized the condition of all of the rubber lines and clamps, ect. I couldn't put it all back together since it wasn't going to be as best as it could. I purchased all new lines where I could and/or refinished what was in good shape. To give you an idea of how meticulous I was, I purchased a few cans of paint just to get the CORRECT OEM shade of green used on all of the lines. I purchased a NEW OEM Honda brake booster JUST for the Nissin reservoir... all of the reservoirs under the hood are new.

Interior / AC
- Shampoo'd and steam cleaned carpet, seats and floor mats (few stains, OE from 92' so some wear is present)
- The seats in this car are in near MINT shape. No tears, no stains... no issues. The driver seat does have a little loose fabric but it's over 20 years old.
- ALL OEM JDM Interior in tack and in place. Flare, ect all unused.
- OEM JDM Black tweed seats
- OEM JDM Black tweed door inserts
- OEM JDM front map lights
- OEM JDM auto power windows
- OEM JDM auto climate control (everything works)
- OEM Honda Access floormats
- OEM black tweed long arm rest
- NEW OEM shift boot
- NEW OEM Pedal covers
- NEW Hybrid Racing delrin shift ****
- NEW Pioneer MVH-X560BT single din media receiver (2014 model, just released)
- Built-in blue tooth
- Hands free phone
- iPhone5 cord located in center console
- Hands free Siri control, app radio, mixtrax..ect
- NEW Polk Audio front door speakers
- Viper two way paging alarm (has keyless entry but not currently connected, will have this working before the car is sold)
- JDM Gathers rear speaker system
- MUGEN Gen3 suede steering wheel w/horn button (purchased new)
- MINT JDM SiR gray steering wheel included
- Splash BOSS hub kit
- NRG Slim quick release
- Stainless steel wheel hardware
- NEW AC expansion valve
- NEW AC condenser
- NEW AC pressure switch
- NEW AC drier
- All lines were refurbished and cleaned.
- The system has NOT been charged since the system was put together. It was hooked up to a machine but had a leak and wouldn't hold a vacuum. I opted to NOT put dye in the system at the time since I didn't want to clean the **** off everything before the WekFest Texas event. It has been sold so I haven't messed with it. I CAN fix this before the sale. Otherwise it will go with the system connected, just not functioning.
- NEW OEM JDM rear Honda Access cargo cover. Bought brand new.
- OEM JDM rear cargo box and tray, ect.

If you have read this entire thread, god bless you. I hope you can tell that I have put SO much work and care into this car that is shows through my words. The engine bay is spotless. The exterior is nearly flawless. The inside is in one of the best shapes you'll probably ever see in this generation car. Almost all of the car is new and what isn't new has been refurbished and cleaned. I will argue that it is probably the most period correct, freshly restored EG6 in the country. Everything works, I drove the car to Texas and back with zero issues. I would get the AC charged up and drive this thing to California... NO problem.

Now that I have explained all of the parts in general detail, there are a few little things that I would still do to make the car 10000% ready, they are:

1. Wheel alignment.
- I put all of the suspension and wheels on but only did a string alignment. The car drives straight as an arrow now, steering wheel is straight. There is however, a slight wobble at 10-20mph. It goes away once you get up to speed. All of the wheels are balanced to 100%. It did it with the old wheels and old axles before I rebuilt the car.
2. AC system should be charged.
- I can do that, or feel free to handle it on your own. I will charge for my services and cost to get it working.
3. When cold, the car idles at 2500rpm.
- It started doing this after I put the engine back in. I assume the IACV may need to be cleaned. It doesn't surge, just idles high until the car is up to temp. Once at temp it will idle at 1200-1000 although the target idle is 850rpm in Hondata. The car is so quiet it really doesn't bother me. With the AC on I imagine it would idle at 900.
4. The AC line foam could be replaced for a brand new appearance.
5. The rear panels have some scratches and scuffs. The back of one seat has a couple screw holes in it from someone apparently mounting something to the back. The trunk compartment has some broken tabs. The headliner has one small scuff in the back near the wing. The Gather speaker has a small inch crack in the garnish. These are overall minor issues to an otherwise nearly perfect car.
6. The windshield washers do not work. I removed the ugly canister and lines, although I did purchase new hood sprayers from Honda.
7. Sometimes the muffler will vibrate against the sway bar mount. I spaced the muffler out a little bit which helped, but it's just so big and the stupid ASR brace pushes the bar out so far that it touches. Driving there is no sound. Idling at 850-900rpm it will ping a little bit.

I will take some nice pictures of the car when the weather permits but I urge you to see the car in person (if possible.) I don't mind taking people on test rides or explaining anything about the car in greater detail. I will not however let anyone ride/drive around without first proof of some sort of payment.

I am NOT in any hurry to sell this car. I know that the right buyer will come along and that it will take the right person to appreciate the level of work put into this car. I won't respond to low ball offers. At this time I WILL NOT PART THIS CAR OUT. I would perhaps entertain the idea of selling the front lip and wheels, but not at this time.

Price / Payment / Delivery

$15,000
Cash / Cashiers Check / Wire Funds Transfer
I will deliver the car up to 300 miles away for free. I would be more than happy to arrange enclosed shipping at the buyers expense. I have shipped cars before and never had any issues.

Contact
David
David@hybrid-racing.com
225.932.9588 ext 1004
985.778.8268 (please don't call or text me past 8pm CST)

Images
I will post more when the local weather clears up. I have only a few images of the interior at this time.

(before the valve cover, hoses and strut bar were installed.)

(before the interior was cleaned)

(various build images)

Old 12-30-2013, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *Authentic & Restored* RHD 1992 Honda Civic EG6 SiR-S

Bump for a clean RHD eg6. Can't comment about the price but .... We'll you know my thoughts..
Old 12-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well done sir! Well done!
Old 12-30-2013, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice thread
Old 12-31-2013, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Feel free to contact me with any questions. I'm not expecting anyone to jump on this but I wanted to put it out there.

Thanks for looking.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

David,

I sent you an email. Thanks

-MD
Old 12-31-2013, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you, I have replied.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow amazing job man much props.. Bump for fellow eg owner
Old 12-31-2013, 06:39 PM
Pooping on children

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this car is gorgeous!!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome car! Too bad it's not LHD.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow this is awesome. I love it man GLWS
Old 01-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

come on people sell your wife kids house! buy this car!!! this guy is amazing at building cars and very helpful guy.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you for the interest.

Sale pending.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:00 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Very clean !!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is a great car, I'm sure you'll regret selling it. really really cool car.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cleeeeeaaaaaaannn
Old 01-06-2014, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Deposit received.

Consider the car sold.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:13 PM
HT's TOP CHEF

Amazing car and worth every penny!!!!! Exactly how a for sale thread should be!!!! Good luck Dave!!
Old 01-07-2014, 05:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This car is extra clean.. this is what dreams are made of lol love it.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Beautiful car!
Old 01-08-2014, 08:28 AM
I took way too long

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bump for a pristine beauty.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TTT, any updates?
Old 01-14-2014, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The car has been sold. Thank you for your interest.