Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

2006 Civic EX - No Start | Locked ECU

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 10:47 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon4 2006 Civic EX - No Start | Locked ECU

Hi there. I bought a 2006 Honda Civic EX in April and, after a long saga of events, had to put in a JDM engine. The install was done by a trusted mechanic, but afterwards it would crank/no-start/no-shift. Head-scratching.. The computer from the new engine was put in, but couldn't be interfaced with. Same thing happened with the computer from the old one.

I have yet to tow the car back to my place and begin my own diagnosis, but they did try putting in a neutral safety switch. The car can shift out of park now, but still won't start. What could be going on with the ECU? Some have suggested investigating the fuel system, ABS sensor, etc.

Any suggestions? Thank you.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2006 Civic EX - No Start | Locked ECU

Originally Posted by Jamie Murray
Hi there. I bought a 2006 Honda Civic EX in April and, after a long saga of events, had to put in a JDM engine. The install was done by a trusted mechanic, but afterwards it would crank/no-start/no-shift. Head-scratching.. The computer from the new engine was put in, but couldn't be interfaced with. Same thing happened with the computer from the old one.

I have yet to tow the car back to my place and begin my own diagnosis, but they did try putting in a neutral safety switch. The car can shift out of park now, but still won't start. What could be going on with the ECU? Some have suggested investigating the fuel system, ABS sensor, etc.

Any suggestions? Thank you.
You said ecu was installed with replacement engine, did you also have the key with the ecu? Do you know if the immobilizer circuit runs from the key pickup directly to the ecu or does it run through other electronics in the car?
Old 07-30-2017, 04:56 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 2006 Civic EX - No Start | Locked ECU

if youre using a new ecu then you need the keys reprogramned to the new ecu