Notices
Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) Coupe / Sedan / Hybrid (Includes Acura EL)

Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 01:03 PM
Sanji

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Re: (horchata)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by horchata &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dyno charts should be taken with a grain of salt. dynos are MUCH better to use for determining how much power you've gained with certain mods.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd say that's a fair assessment. I plan on dynoing my car again in the Spring once I've done a few modifications, and having the local shop tune it for me (King Motorsports). Hopefully I'll put down relatively what I'm looking for.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (toyomatt84)

ya gonna be able to do i/h/e lookin at 200?
Old 10-31-2007, 02:44 PM
Sanji

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Re: (03EM2guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 03EM2guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ya gonna be able to do i/h/e lookin at 200?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If I ran the TSX throttle body and exhaust setup, I'd get roughly 200. The piping diameter is smaller than that right now, due to mix 'n match parts to make it run.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (roost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

where as my proof had facts, yours has none yet you assume YOU'RE beneficial?

Someone sounds a little butt hurt over the internet

It's a highly "debatable" topic on many car forums of dynos, about how they should be used not as measuring how much HP you have but how much HP you have increased over your baseline due to mods.

I'd be more interested in comparing his baseline dyno vs the one now, at the same location.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have not posted in awhile but you seem like a huge tool, the fact that you can not read that dyno and get a idea of how much he gained makes you a useless pile of monky ****. have a nice day
Old 10-31-2007, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, to be fair to him, i cant see how much he gained without a baseline dyno either. we can only estimate his drivetrain loss at 10% to 15% from BHP to WHP but thats just an estimate.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:44 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (boliver shagnasty)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boliver shagnasty &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have not posted in awhile but you seem like a huge tool, the fact that you can not read that dyno and get a idea of how much he gained makes you a useless pile of monky ****. have a nice day </TD></TR></TABLE>

oh and i guess you can see his previous numbers too.

i guess dynos must now show befor and after even when you dont dyno before, right?

******* moron

wait i think i know why someone is mad, got a little bum hurt over the interweb?

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2091107
Old 10-31-2007, 10:45 PM

Default Re: (roost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

oh and i guess you can see his previous numbers too.

i guess dynos must now show befor and after even when you dont dyno before, right?

******* moron

wait i think i know why someone is mad, got a little bum hurt over the interweb?

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2091107</TD></TR></TABLE>

no sir not butt hurt at all read that post one more time, I clearly stated that it might have already been covered. I am not on honda-tech everyday I just know that there were some people woundering about a lsd for our car. I searched came up with nothing so I choose to post

If you took a poll of how much hp our motor makes you would be able to tell that the op was shocked about how much he made on the dyno. Now I am not saying that what the dyno said was 100% true but it does give you a ballpark idea.

and as for your smart *** remark about a dyno showing before and after runs. Do some research there have been people on the forum that have ran dyno test on their almost stock motors that have not made those power numbers. you sit there and say no dyno is true, well in that case what do you say to all the people that have dynoed there car? I will listen to what some one says and based on what they have done to their car make a choice on weather or not that is true.

In my book you will always be a tool just based on you previous post. All I see you do is bitch about other peoples post and talk **** based on thinges you know nothing about.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dyno results

D17A VTEC - Stock pistons, stock cams, stock valve train
Minor head porting and valve job
Short ram intake
D16 Intake Manifold
Integra GSR Throttle Body
DC Sports Header
3 Inch exhaust (too large but owner's going to swap out engine for a H22A)
OBD1 ECU running Crome Gold Pro (Converted the head to run a distributor)
Attached Images  
Old 05-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Dyno results

^ wtf? damn. what car was that??