Notices
Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) Coupe / Sedan / Hybrid (Includes Acura EL)

2002 Civic Leather seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Civic Leather seats

This past weekend i was at my local junkyard and found a smashed premium acura EL. I took the seats out so fast it would make your head spin.

Anyway they are heated so i took the switches and cut the harnesses right off under the seats so i had all the connectors and what not.

The seats bolted right in. The srs harness plugged in (except for the side curtain airbag that my Si never had) the great plug harness plugged right in. I never located any harness for the seat heat tho.

I searched for hours online and had zero help. Anyway after finding factory wirig diagrams i supplied power to a small grey plug with two wires in it and i finaly got heat!

The grey plug with two wires attatched to the seat was black for ground and green with yellow for possitive. the passenger was black for ground and green with orange for possitive.

Now the factory switches i got wont work so i wired each seat heat like a foglight with a relay so i could use "key on" 12v source and two small toggle switches

I was so frustrated i couldnt find anything so i wanted to post.

Same goes for the Rsx heated seats too

For the people using google search

For the seat heat to work hook black for ground and green yellow to 12v. and on passener its black ground and green orange to 12v

Last edited by JPat; 02-05-2018 at 03:08 PM. Reason: picture
Old 02-05-2018, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2002 Civic Leather seats

https://ibb.co/f47XVchttps://ibb.co/f47XVc
Old 02-08-2018, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JPat
This past weekend i was at my local junkyard and found a smashed premium acura EL. I took the seats out so fast it would make your head spin.

Anyway they are heated so i took the switches and cut the harnesses right off under the seats so i had all the connectors and what not.

The seats bolted right in. The srs harness plugged in (except for the side curtain airbag that my Si never had) the great plug harness plugged right in. I never located any harness for the seat heat tho.

I searched for hours online and had zero help. Anyway after finding factory wirig diagrams i supplied power to a small grey plug with two wires in it and i finaly got heat!

The grey plug with two wires attatched to the seat was black for ground and green with yellow for possitive. the passenger was black for ground and green with orange for possitive.

Now the factory switches i got wont work so i wired each seat heat like a foglight with a relay so i could use "key on" 12v source and two small toggle switches

I was so frustrated i couldnt find anything so i wanted to post.

Same goes for the Rsx heated seats too

For the people using google search

For the seat heat to work hook black for ground and green yellow to 12v. and on passener its black ground and green orange to 12v
Hello there I drive a 2001 Honda civic and I got the complete interior off of a 2005 Acura EL I did the complete interior installation thru Honda Dealer and the technician that did the heated seat connections use the 2005 Honda CRV sematrics meaning using that electrical diagram to hook up my seats I did have the complete cabin wiring from 2005 Acura EL which he used the connectors there should be some main relays under the front each seat to control the heat. I am not an electrical expert here but that what they did I exactly do not know how and which wire goes where but I know for sure that they use the Honda CRV heated seats electrical diagram to hook up mine. Hope this help.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good info too!

Originally Posted by s0hayat
Hello there I drive a 2001 Honda civic and I got the complete interior off of a 2005 Acura EL I did the complete interior installation thru Honda Dealer and the technician that did the heated seat connections use the 2005 Honda CRV sematrics meaning using that electrical diagram to hook up my seats I did have the complete cabin wiring from 2005 Acura EL which he used the connectors there should be some main relays under the front each seat to control the heat. I am not an electrical expert here but that what they did I exactly do not know how and which wire goes where but I know for sure that they use the Honda CRV heated seats electrical diagram to hook up mine. Hope this help.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good info too!
No problem how much did you pay for the leather seats? Is it just the front or complete front and rear?
Old 02-08-2018, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No problem how much did you pay for the leather seats? Is it just the front or complete front and rear?

The fronts and rears i paid 80$ for all and they are perfect. the rears are going to be harder to install since its 2 door to 4 door with headrests
Old 02-15-2018, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The fronts and rears i paid 80$ for all and they are perfect. the rears are going to be harder to install since its 2 door to 4 door with headrests
Well mine was $500 shipped but with complete interior meaning complete seats, all 4 door panels, front dash, rear dash, seat belts, all plastic trims and lastly the interior cabin wiring as well.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh nice!

The problem here is my car will be in a junkyard in the next 3 years. So much salt and rain and snow here cars never last. Ide like to swap my entire enterior and make a car ide drive for 10+ years. I will be going 800+ Kms west to find another 7th gen in good shape in a couple years
Well mine was $500 shipped but with complete interior meaning complete seats, all 4 door panels, front dash, rear dash, seat belts, all plastic trims and lastly the interior cabin wiring as well.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:28 PM
Trial User

[QUOTE = JPat; 51553156] ¡También es buena información! [/ QUOTE]
Excellent information friend

regards.