Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

♠ Shaved, Tucked, Customized Engine Bays - Pics, Theory, Discussion ♠

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ♠ Shaved, Tucked, Customized Engine Bays - Pics, Theory, Discussion ♠

Originally Posted by silkyjohnson#1hater
YOUR absolutely correct, as practice makes perfect... they will overlay perfectly in time....I promise, comments like these are what DRIVE me to try and perfect everything I touch.. Next to what rywire and chasebays offering to the scene at the prices they charge .. This very pro level work.... zip ties are what bother u, u can cut them off when u buy a harness from us and you get in your hands... its that simple my friend..
it's good to know you put effort into what you do, shows you take pride in your work and that's great.

it's not that the zipties bother me, i just don't undertand how mil-spec would be the word used to describe this type of harnesses, is it because it has a fancy connector and boots? i'm not trying to give you a hard time, it's just kind of ironic to me. you're right about what it's compared to, but what do you expect from this "scene", everybody wants to play but nobody wants to pay.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ♠ Shaved, Tucked, Customized Engine Bays - Pics, Theory, Discussion ♠

Hey where are you guys buying the stock plug and ecu pins at. I really need some. I know they amp tyco pins.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by gnxpro24
quick question for anyone that knows wiring. I just started a tuck harness with a mil spec connector tying the ecu end and engine harness end together at the firewall. Do the blk/yel wires from the iacv, dizzy, and obd2 alternator plug have to be kept separated or can I tie them together so they can be taken through the mil spec connector together, then branch them off at the ecu side of the harness. Is the only point of them breaking off from each other so the dizzy and alt can be run through the dash fusebox so theres a fusible link? Or is it so they can be tied into the ignition? Or does only dizzy run off ignition? Reason Im asking is I have 40 wires and the mil spec amphenol connector is a 35 pin so if I can tie these together and just use a small inline fuse on the ecu side on the blk/yel wire, it would allow me to use this connector. i dont wanna buy another, another legit amphenol is pricey
Those yellow and black wires that run to your injectors/iacv and tps are all just getting one signal wire and hooking all together at the dead plug. They can all just be tied together before your plug and you'll be alright
Old 09-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by newschool
it's good to know you put effort into what you do, shows you take pride in your work and that's great.

it's not that the zipties bother me, i just don't undertand how mil-spec would be the word used to describe this type of harnesses, is it because it has a fancy connector and boots? i'm not trying to give you a hard time, it's just kind of ironic to me. you're right about what it's compared to, but what do you expect from this "scene", everybody wants to play but nobody wants to pay.
you obviously dont understand the meaning of the word "Mil-Spec." it doesn't refer to an amphenol connector and boots as you so put it. lets break it down:
Mil Spec - MILitary SPECification, which means the military has guidelines or requirements for their wiring.

this is what it refers to, the actual material meeting their minimum rerquirements. as for the zip ties, they are foe aesthetic purposes. they are used to clean up the exposed wires that lead to plugs. im pretty sure you wouldn't like a harness with bulky wires all over the place now would you.

in my opninion they look better. and function better,than electrical tape how they are used.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by crx_si-r
you obviously dont understand the meaning of the word "Mil-Spec." it doesn't refer to an amphenol connector and boots as you so put it. lets break it down:
Mil Spec - MILitary SPECification, which means the military has guidelines or requirements for their wiring.

this is what it refers to, the actual material meeting their minimum rerquirements. as for the zip ties, they are foe aesthetic purposes. they are used to clean up the exposed wires that lead to plugs. im pretty sure you wouldn't like a harness with bulky wires all over the place now would you.

in my opninion they look better. and function better,than electrical tape how they are used.
HAHA. let me break it down for you, using a part that has a MIL designation to it, does NOT classify the entire finished piece as MIL-Spec or MIL-STD. MIL-Spec is a designation, mainly by the DoD to encourage linearity, compliance, and MRO.

MIL-Spec - A document that describes the essential technical requirements for purchased materiel that is military unique or substantially modified commercial items. MIL-STD-961 covers the content and format for defense specifications.

So, essentially what you're saying is because someone uses 22759 wire and DR-25, while overlooking proper wire seal sizing (or just not using any at all), correct joint termination, and the more detrimental parts of building something that will work and LAST, this makes the finished project MIL-Spec?

Read the Defense Handbook, then read the NASA wiring supplement, you're missing out on a ton of information.

Zip ties are generally distinctively discouraged...they might be easy to use and make things look "nice" as you put it, but there is a "MIL" standard to securing loose wire bundles for organization, and they are not it.

So, moral of the story is you're completely wrong...you're knowledge, and you feeling it to be the correct designated term definitively prove it.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

weird, zip ties are in quite a few of the planes I've worked on.... guess Mil-spec is somehow higher then military grade nowadays?
Old 09-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My latest. Pics arent the best and I apologize for that ahead of time.
Name:  IMG_1093.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  194.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1092.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  134.6 KB
Old 09-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks great
Old 09-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dfanatic
My latest. Pics arent the best and I apologize for that ahead of time.

Your bay must be mines twin. ;-).
Old 09-19-2012, 02:30 AM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

newschool - did you make yourself feel better?

Not sure if this can be used but I have an 18ft+ 32pin milspec setup that I will give away. You pay for the USPS shipping from my locale. I will post a pic tomorrow. It's actually a cat5 milspec harness from military comm van that was upgraded to fiber. Female side of the bulkhead connector has about 2.5 ft of terminated cat5 (4 cables = 32 23awg wires) while the male side has about 15ft of terminated . I was going to use it for the interior of the car but I no longer need it.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:12 AM
I has a crayon!

Hey guys, I'm considering switching to the s2000 clutch master cylinder and I saw that Rywire sells a complete kit.

Question, what's the slave cylinder fitting type? M10 or M12? Car is a 94 Honda Civic EX
Old 09-19-2012, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TTE TEG
My tucked Fuel Line Kit came today!!!

(THANKS z6civicex!!!)

Those An beauty clamps can be a pita. Most of the time they will leak up at the stock regulator. Myself and a few friends have experienced this. I even swapped out to a fuel line clamp and it still does it. -6 line is just big and doesn't want to seal properly.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by KevonN
Hey guys, I'm considering switching to the s2000 clutch master cylinder and I saw that Rywire sells a complete kit.

Question, what's the slave cylinder fitting type? M10 or M12? Car is a 94 Honda Civic EX
Should be M10x1.0
Old 09-19-2012, 10:55 AM
I has a crayon!

Originally Posted by sc34dc4
Should be M10x1.0
Thanks.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dee

Not sure if this can be used but I have an 18ft+ 32pin milspec setup that I will give away. You pay for the USPS shipping from my locale. I will post a pic tomorrow. It's actually a cat5 milspec harness from military comm van that was upgraded to fiber. Female side of the bulkhead connector has about 2.5 ft of terminated cat5 (4 cables = 32 23awg wires) while the male side has about 15ft of terminated . I was going to use it for the interior of the car but I no longer need it.
I'll give it a shot if you're serious.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by phunhaus
I'll give it a shot if you're serious.
PM me your zip so I can get you a shipping quote. I think I have two of these harnesses but I have yet to locate the other one.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KevonN

You do not need the spacer, you can use the OEM S2K clutch master cylinder by simply threading the clutch pedal pole a little bit more.

Certainly not the best write up, but you get the idea:

http://www.carolinahondas.com/tech-t...-96-hatch.html
Old 09-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dee
i don't know, if i answer you will it make you sleep better at night?
Old 09-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by newschool
i don't know, if i answer you will it make you sleep better at night?
Typical troll answer.

For the guys interested in the free harnesses.
The bulkhead is actually a 35p JMS27467T15B35P. I found the other two harnesses (for a total of 3) but a friend here on island wants one. Shipping to the 48 should be less than $15 via USPS priority mail. If it is more I will eat the cost.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How many pins did you say were in them? ^^^
Old 09-20-2012, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 639 Likes on 504 Posts

Dee, you have pm.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Engine bay of my 97 Acura EL.....stock header for now will be changed later:

Old 09-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Car made 693hp.

Vacuum lines (All braided nylon hoses)

Old 09-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Trial User

nice
Old 09-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

All three harnesses have been claimed. My friend decided to build something unique so the people below need to check their PM.

spAdam
Mugen-k
phunhaus

Quick Reply: ♠ Shaved, Tucked, Customized Engine Bays - Pics, Theory, Discussion ♠