Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Purchased a new (to me) NSX

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 06:49 AM
dotmichael to you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Ethereal)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ethereal &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol i can't tell if your being honest or spiteful.</TD></TR></TABLE>

always a little of both
Old 01-04-2006, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (. M i c h a e l)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by . M i c h a e l &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are you trying to argue how the NSX isnt worth it? i mean you said you're buying one..so dont..and pick up a brand new TSX.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, this is still going on? I think our original argument was something about you implied the NSX wasnt expensive. I disagree.

You post one that cost $29,000 thats reduced to $27,000. Yes, thats expensive for a car thats 15 years old with just under 100,000 miles.

As you will note below, you can get a 'C' or 'D' car under 30,000. I want an 'A' or 'B' car. Thats 30-35k up to the year 93, and 45-50k if I want a 1997.

NSXPrime clears all this up here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/BuySell/pricing.htm

"Additionally, some "dreamers" look for the lowest price they can find regardless of not knowing the condition of the car, whether it is an auction price, whether the car is on the other side of the country, whether the car may have been a crash repair, etc. and then expect the same price on a nice car from every private seller they talk to. I have seen MANY NSXs and all the ones that sold for a really low price were sold at that price for a reason. Here, based on my fairly extensive observations and interactions with the NSX community, along with input from some other very active members of the community and dealers who specialize in the NSX, is the general market value for used NSXs. This table is updated quarterly, so yes, it is current."
Old 01-04-2006, 07:17 AM
No tears. Only dreams, now.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by firefighter81 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why wouldn't a 20 year old be able to afford a $25-30k car? I mean they aren't that expensive used. How many 20 years olds do you see with Evos and STI's? Same price range.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Small problem:

I can fininance a 2005 STi for 60 mos at a flat rate, but how in the hell can I finance a 10 year old car for anything more than 24 or 36 mos? You just can't unless you've got a $33k bulge in your wallet.

I like the NSX, but they're a bit pricey (even thought they're the same price as my STi) for an impractical car.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:17 AM
dotmichael to you

Default Re: (jond)

ohhh no no no, i do believe the NSX is expensive. i know it costs a great deal more than your average honda (for good reason obviously) to maintain it as well.

i was just demonstrating low cost examples since a few people said you cant get one of these cars at a low price with low mileage. given, the ones i posted are not the market average, but they are true to life and rebut what a couple of you said.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VashTheStampede)

The car was NOT financed.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:34 AM

Default Re: (jond)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jond &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
only if you include maintenance costs. lol

Right. So 30k is pretty much the cheapest you can get a good condition 14 year old NSX for.
Thats not cheap by any means. You can get a brand new vette for the price of a 9 year old NSX... You can get a brand new 06 TSX for the price of a 14 year old NSX...

Modified by jond at 12:14 AM 1/2/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>

i honestly will say that NSX's are over priced...89k MSRP for one is just retarded becasue you can get a whole lot more for that kind of money. Used ones with over 100k going for 27k is retarded its still an acura
Old 01-04-2006, 09:35 AM

Default Re: (cingham)

Supras are the most overrated imports eVar, next to skylines.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The NSX is not overpriced, new or used - look at its competition, look at the maintinance costs of its competition - it is actually quite a steal for what you get, and (aside from the clutch and timing belt) service is very similar to any used acura/honda with similar miles.

If you are looking at quarter mile times you are looking at the wrong statistic for an NSX, if you are looking at a hacked together civic with a motor swap you are looking at the wrong competition - if you are interested in a true comparison, apples to apples, look at a Ferrari 348, a 911, BMW M3, etc. and take them to a track... afterwards compare servicing costs and reliablility with the other cars

With regards to the current NA2... it is still an attractive car, but it is being replaced by a more-powerful car in the next few years - a car that will also, most-likely, be a daily-drivable exotic sportscar.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:46 AM

...well lets really look at the nsx for what it is...a ***** comparison...its not a ferrari, its not a bmw and its never going to be a porshe...its a honda.

Most people that have this car don't track it they get it for ***** points. And when the seals go on the motor as they do its cheaper to just buy a new engine. Three above hold some sort of value...except the M3. But to think a salvage title NSX with a blown engine is work 20k is retarded and i've seen people buy them, seriously for that money i'd rather just get a aporshe boxter used and go that route
Old 01-04-2006, 09:48 AM

stop sounding jelous haters, to the nsx owner. get what you want.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have owned several BMW's, 2 Porsches, and now an NSX - if you are buying the car for the wrong reasons that is on you, I buy sports cars because I like to track them
Old 01-04-2006, 09:54 AM
Night Elf Mohawk

Default Re: (scorp965)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by scorp965 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have owned several BMW's, 2 Porsches, and now an NSX - if you are buying the car for the wrong reasons that is on you, I buy sports cars because I like to track them </TD></TR></TABLE>

Going to track it with those wheels on?

Old 01-04-2006, 09:57 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by scorp965 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The car was NOT financed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Obviously.

That's what I just pointed out.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sh!ttyLS)

nice ride, i work right by laguna hills, wanna hire me to work for ur carbon fiber business? i'd love to get an NSX too

congrats on purchase!
Old 01-04-2006, 10:14 AM

Default Re: (VSM EXtasy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VSM EXtasy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">stop sounding jelous haters, to the nsx owner. get what you want. </TD></TR></TABLE>

don't get me wrong i'd love to have one in my garage
Old 01-04-2006, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by scorp965 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have owned several BMW's, 2 Porsches, and now an NSX - if you are buying the car for the wrong reasons that is on you, I buy sports cars because I like to track them </TD></TR></TABLE>

damn, you owned a lot of high dollar cars for only be 20 years old
Old 01-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

question... if i were to buy a car from out of state.

who covers insurance during my journey back? or is there some special process i have to go througH?
Old 01-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just add the VIN to your policy prior to picking it up - most insurance companies will also give you a grace period of approx 2 weeks, although I wouldn't want to test out this grace period
Old 01-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

beautiful. congrats man
Old 01-04-2006, 10:39 AM

Default Re: (DJ SOHC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DJ SOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn, you owned a lot of high dollar cars for only be 20 years old</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHAHA.. I've owned a Bimmer and a Porsche!

Granted they were a 1984 528e, and a 944, but you get the point.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:41 AM
dotmichael to you

Default Re: Purchased a new (to me) NSX (scorp965)

i dont get it..when i see/think NSX..i think supercar status. i think ferrari looks, although it doesnt have the umpf like one.

i dont think its in the same league as a porsche boxster or m3 at all.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Purchased a new (. M i c h a e l)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by . M i c h a e l &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont get it..when i see/think NSX..i think supercar status. i think ferrari looks, although it doesnt have the umpf like one.

i dont think its in the same league as a porsche boxster or m3 at all.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You know, I see an NSX, and I think "Wow, what a waste of money." I love the car, but I have no idea why I feel that way. I mean, they're lovely, they're strong, they're great sports cars, but they're a 15 year old design, with an underpowered engine, very little that's able to be fixed easily, and expensive to keep up with. I just would avoid them like the plague. They were great at the start of the 90s, but since they've been around almost as long as many H-T members, they're starting to show their age.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:45 AM
dotmichael to you

Default Re: Purchased a new (VashTheStampede)

relative to all great sports cars of yesteryear. i speak solely based on looks.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice car, now lose some weight and put on some clothes to make yourself look presentable and capable taking care of a car like that.
maybe you should stop taking care of cars and look after yourself for a change?
Old 01-04-2006, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Purchased a new (. M i c h a e l)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by . M i c h a e l &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">relative to all great sports cars of yesteryear. i speak solely based on looks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Meh... at least they're less frivolous than throwing nearly that size of a wad of money at an Integra with a type R badge on it. I'll give that to them.

Quick Reply: Purchased a new (to me) NSX