Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

HT's worst car photography (tons of pics but 56k click it anyway)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HT's worst car photography (tons of pics but 56k click it anyway)

Originally Posted by x4thGenCafe
is this thread just full of bitching ?

wait thats every thread on H-T isnt it ?
Old 09-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by x4thGenCafe
is this thread just full of bitching ?

wait thats every thread on H-T isnt it ?
This is true.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:29 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hushypushy

It can be done! That's a good shot. Those Finepix cameras are actually pretty impressive considering how cheap they are. Here's one I took a while ago with my old Sony point n shoot...
LOL thanks. The original wasn't bad either, I just wanted to set a warm tone though for the set

Nice shot with the Sony, I used to have one as well. 4mp, so much noise at night LOL. But the manual controls made the camera fun and taught me some stuff.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:26 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i bought a nikon P50 about 3 yrs ago. its a point and shoot, but its got all the same settings and menu as the D40/60. absolutely perfect for about 230 bucks. like an slr without the lense. would highly recommend that camera to anyone.

i bought a d60 and now they are like the dynamic duo.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

edit:

Last edited by 90preludeLad; 09-09-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:46 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by 90preludeLad
and this thread is a perfect example of why honda-tech is fvcking gay. its either flame-fests or "check out my jDm y0! wide supper low offset wheelz1!!11!" or "is I sl4mMeD eNouGh?" its retarded, these forums suck *** now.

this thread has no value at all, its just a thread for all you jdm nut-swingers to come and bag on people because you have nothing better to do with your lives. yeah i have a photo that made your list, i don't care. i'll go out and take more photos for you to add to your list, after all, we wouldn't want you to have to get up from the computer chair and do something with your life, would we? of course not... fvcking *****.
ill have you know, im sitting at my desk, in my office, laughing my *** off at you. and i am getting paid to do it.

instead of going outside and taking more **** pictures, you should buy an air compressor, fill it up to 180psi, and blow all the sand out of your vagina.

you have it all wrong. people with attitudes like YOURS is the reason honda-tech sucks. go over to nwp, where all the people hold hands and sing kumbaya.

edit: hey man actually, stay here and take more pictures and post more. im diggin it.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Year 3030

so many god awful pics lol. but seriously this is a pretty negative thread. I dont understand why it looks like your pulling out peoples for sale ads and giving them "constructive criticism." I know when i put things up for sale I could care less what it looks like as long as its a picture of the item.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:05 PM
I took way too long

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pointless.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

edit:

Last edited by 90preludeLad; 09-09-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

calling the OP a hater or a douche doesnt hide the fact that there are so many poseur photographers out there. adding a bunch of contrast and tilt to a picture doesnt make it awesome photography. then having a watermark thats taking up 90% of the picture doesnt help either. it also doesnt matter if he's the best/worst photographer in the world. facts are facts.

its his opinion and all of you who are disagreeing with him are guilty of the same thing that you're so upset about...so stop "hating" on him.

here are some i did myself. I followed the HT pro photographer handbook.

1-JDM tilt -check
2-Saturation\Contrast like crazy -check
3-Watermark that takes away from subject -check
4-Some kind of border that takes further away from subject -check
5-More heavy postwork with Lightroom or Photoshop -check

as far as providing good info to help someone out -

Dont do the 5 things I posted above. if you must, please use moderation - let the subject do the talking, not the post work.

Last edited by Spec R; 09-09-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:17 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by 90preludeLad
lol, i'm glad your enjoy getting paid to sit on your ***. like i said, we wouldn't want you to go out and actually do something.
you have it all wrong. i have an education, so i DO get paid to sit on my ***, most of time, when im not traveling southeast asia. so, when i get done sitting on my ***, THEN i can get up and go home and DO SOMETHING.

would you rather i dug ditches by day, and then went home at night and posted on HT like yourself?

take your pick.

all you are doing is showing everyone how butthurt you are. keep posting. i was over joyed when i saw that you wanted to take a dig on my personal life. dont go there, "lad" because i can guarantee you, youre not a pimple on my ***.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Conan the Destroyer
you have it all wrong. i have an education, so i DO get paid to sit on my ***, most of time, when im not traveling southeast asia. so, when i get done sitting on my ***, THEN i can get up and go home and DO SOMETHING.

would you rather i dug ditches by day, and then went home at night and posted on HT like yourself?

take your pick.

all you are doing is showing everyone how butthurt you are. keep posting. i was over joyed when i saw that you wanted to take a dig on my personal life. dont go there, "lad" because i can guarantee you, youre not a pimple on my ***.
congrats on your education, i'm pursuing one as well. the fact you have an education doesn't make you any better that anyone else, for example a ditch digger, or a college student like myself.

I'm not butthurt because someone "picked on" one bad picture i took, its the whole mentality behind it i get pissed about. everything on here is a pissing contest and its ridiculous. so what someone took a bad picture? what about a few bad pictures compels someone to make a thread about it and point out peoples mistakes to everyone? honestly, what is the POINT of this thread? nothing other than to bag on people because someone (*cough* OP *cough*) just wants to bully people, and what better place to do it then on an online forum where you never meet 99.9% of the people you talk to? just because you don't have any consequences doesn't mean you should treat people like ****.

and as far as me taking a dig on your personal life, i shouldn't have done that, and i'll admit to that. i got mad and i took it out on ya.

Last edited by 90preludeLad; 09-09-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:52 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

the OP was more or less, in my eyes, taking a shot at certain individuals out there who attempt to take artsy, trendy jdm shots and just fail horribly. he wasnt trying to poke fun at someone who is just trying to sell a part (other than the crx guy who was obviously hiding the tape repair on his driver side bolster). you have to admit, there is nothing more hilarious than an angled, over edited, ridiculous watermarked, blurry picture of a hammered rattled canned 4 door parked in a low income housing area. call me a dick, but that stuff makes me laugh.

you can hate me til your ***** fall off, but i still love this thread and it makes me want to start an "cars belonging to people who try too hard" thread to post pictures of all the people who spend their life trying to be "accepted" in the "dumped" and "low offsetz" thread.

in the end, this thread will result in better pictures, at the expense of some chapped asses.

and the thread i just mentioned would result in hondas, that look more like hondas, and not beat up datsun 510s that someone abandoned in tiajuana with pick-up truck wheels on them.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:18 PM
I <3 My CB7.

ahah all the shitty picture takers came out of the wood work and made this 6 pages.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Sumslapper
so many god awful pics lol. but seriously this is a pretty negative thread. I dont understand why it looks like your pulling out peoples for sale ads and giving them "constructive criticism." I know when i put things up for sale I could care less what it looks like as long as its a picture of the item.
These were my criteria for picking pics:

1. Appearance showoff pics only. If it was a for sale, DIY, or something like that, I skipped it (except for two: the Civic Si seats for sale, and the red '90 Civic Si).

2. No cell phones (at least as far as I know).

3. The photographer had to at the very least SEEM like they tried, which would lead to their failure. They very bad that obviously no effort put in them were skipped.

the MAIN reason I posted this thread was for people to see obvious and commonly made photography mistakes that lead to crappy photos. You have to know what the mistakes are in order to not make them yourself. I'm not the best photographer (just slightly above average if Eran is to be believed), yet I'm pretty sure I don't make the blatant mistakes that the photos in the OP contain. Sadly, the comments I'm reading from many people shows that they themselves don't even understand the photographic elements I'm highlighting in the thread, which has led to some really funny "criticism" sent my way.

and the secondary reason I made this thread...yeah it was to have a little laugh. I know some people like reading failblog, FML, etc, and this is in the same vein. You gotta admit, some of the photos really are so bad they're funny.

"My dad blessed you all with a sense of humor. Use it or lose it, lol!"
-Jesus

Last edited by hushypushy; 09-09-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:44 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by UCLA.lion
ahah all the shitty picture takers came out of the wood work and made this 6 pages.
thats what i was hinting at when i mentioned common denominators. when you come in here crying foul, youre just flagging yourself.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats what i was hinting at when i mentioned common denominators. when you come in here crying foul, youre just flagging yourself.
Not only that, some of the "hate" I'm getting is ridiculous. People are quoting my CELL PHONE pics as an example of quality, forgetting that I'm not even talking about quality, I'm talking about composition. Or that I didn't bother posting cell phone pics at all in my post.

Another good one is all of the "you're a douche, your pictures suck." Well okay. I (as well as anyone with photographic knowledge) could give plenty of legitimate criticism to ALL of the photos I put on my Flickr, I don't think I have any perfect photos. Yet, I haven't heard any criticism, just stupidity.

I'm trying to help you ignorant photographers! If you don't even know what you're doing wrong, how can you get any better? At the same time, I'm also looking to my role models (Easton Chang, Sean K., Rodrez, etc) and trying to learn and get better. There's ALWAYS that next level to get to. Don't be offended just because your level is lower than someone else's, be inspired
Old 09-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OP sucks at photography, I suck at photography, I'm pretty sure everybody here sucks at photography.

unless you do HDR pics dawg, cause then you are the shizneet y0!
Old 09-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

u guys didnt like the upsidedown evo. hmm maybe same mad tight HDR will do the trick dawg, or more watermark
Old 09-10-2009, 12:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

someone needs to get a life. QQ
Old 09-10-2009, 01:47 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I got a fever. and the only prescription is more watermark.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow this thread is getting funnier every day lulz
Old 09-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got a fever. and the only prescription is more watermark.
I LOL'd in the office.. nice
Old 09-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have so much to say, but its all been said like a hundred times lol....
Old 09-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This and the rota thread have to be the funiest threads on the web!!

Quick Reply: HT's worst car photography (tons of pics but 56k click it anyway)