Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

HT's worst car photography (tons of pics but 56k click it anyway)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HT's worst car photography (tons of pics but 56k click it anyway)

I guess you could say I'm a photographer. I take photos and I study the different elements of photography. It's taken me a while to get where I am and I definitely didn't start out that way. My photos from a decade ago are admittedly...kinda sad. Anyway, I see fledgling photographers trying their best, and sometimes, it just puts a big smile on my face. Some might call that mean but I hey, I can't help it. I'm not trying to hate on any of these individuals, as I really believe they actually tried with these photos, they're just missing something.

I call this set...Nice Try, But Your Photo Still Came Out Shitty.

If you see your photo in this thread, just laugh it off and keep trying to get better

Oh, and feel free to post up any photo phails you may have found.

all photos in this thread were found on Honda-Tech. You posted it, don't regret it now!

Let's start off with an interesting category. Too much ugly background, too little car.

this one's also extremely blurry. Why post something like this?

Love the car. Hate the far away view and ugly ugly wall.

ok I think I see what you were going for, and I know this was an iPhone shot, but there are better ways to execute this.

Maybe if your neighbors had some decent cars or if there was something to actually look at or if there was any regard given to framing or if those trash cans weren't in the frame, MAYBE this would be an exciting shot.

I remember this pic was posted to show how slammed he was. right...

try getting much closer to the car next time. or some lighting.

the king of faraway pics. haha. Again, I see what they were going for, but it's executed very poorly.

How about some composition disasters? The out of focus car isn't helping things either.

I guess someone thought this was a good idea for a photo...

I'm actually ok with the bottom being cut off, but crooked, off center and the extra junk on the right is a no go

So you want to showcase just a particular section, how should you do that? hmm...

Is there any point to cutting off both the wheels and the front end here?

well I'm not even sure what the hell I'm supposed to be looking at and the crazy camera shake is just icing on the cake.

this is...interesting.

One of my favorites is the so-called "JDM anglez". This one actually looks funny from BOTH angles, haha.

Maybe some people just automatically tilt, and they have to de-tilt in software?

This one comes with a bonus finger!!

Here are a couple "glass fails". Unless (or maybe if) you have a polarizer, watch out for glass!

again the blur is icing on the cake here.

this one was sad because it was a really clean Evo and this picture was trying to show something (the interior) but failed hugely. OPEN THE WINDOW MAN!

Speaking of interior, I always liked this pic. I got it from an ad where some dude was selling his seats. When buying seats, especially EF seats, everyone knows the most important part is what the driver side outside bolster condition is. And...this guy took a pic while his chick was sitting there so it's pretty much all blocked. Wow.

Now a few exposure fails. Camera settings > these people.

and they're not all "too bright" either.

haha these are just funny. MS Paint is hilarious.

And now a quick set we can call "what the hell am I looking at?" When you take a picture, you're attempting to show or capture some moment. They say a picture is worth a thousand words...these are probably worth about 7. each. Say them as you scroll, "what the hell am I looking at?"

another glass fail.

this one is actually kinda trippy, not sure why this one was posted.

why is that truck in the frame?

point, and shoot.

what am I looking at?!

there was an alternate version of this shot posted that was much better.

and it fades out with a boring bang. That's all, feel free to post up any photos you think are hilariously bad.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HT's worst car photography (tons of pics but 56k click it anyway)

you must have been bored.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Donnie-
you must have been bored.
kind of an understatement
Old 09-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can we see some of your car photography pictures, kind sir?
Old 09-07-2009, 09:11 PM
she's cheating on you

Originally Posted by HAccord96
This.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea i would love to see some of your amazing photos . Guy rips on peoples photos and didnt even post any of his for comparison seriously someone lock this dumb thread.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah wtf is this ****. you came in here talking a lot. and didnt even post any of your photography... im gunna assume you have some skill since you did something like this... so post it up.

also. did all of these ppl post these pictures, saying that they were a photographer ??
Old 09-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn this thread is either gonna get interesting fast or locked we will see how long this pointless thread goes on for??? its no reason to post worst photography
Old 09-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wouldn't it have been a little more productive to start a thread on "good photo tips" or something of that nature?
Old 09-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

FAIL
Old 09-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HAccord96
look in my sig, that's my Flickr. It's right there for everyone to see in all of my posts. I'm not a pro but I try to avoid making obvious mistakes which lead to heinous photos.

I guess everyone is missing the point. It's not to say "ha ha I'm better than you fools." That's why I didn't "post mine for comparison". That's just lame. I look at it this way; it's kind of like watching a really bad movie...the only reason you like it is because it's insanely bad. I'm sure you know about something being so bad, it's good. On the other hand, you have to know what exactly is bad so you don't make those mistakes when you're taking your own photos. I know a lot of people just take pictures and don't care about what comes out...if you're one of those people hit the back button on your browser now!
Old 09-07-2009, 11:42 PM

Check out some of these pictures I found!

whats up with the ugly blurred background and the garden hoses in the back ? Angle is ok but not the best choice for a photoshoot.

This one is ok besides the car seems really dark and not in its true color and the bad photo editing , the clouds look all choppy. It was a good attempt but sorry just didnt make the PHOTOGRAPHY SECTION!

OH YEAH DID I MENTION THESE ARE HUSHYPUSHY's Photos.

We are not all photographers in here including yourself . So I dont even know your reason for making this thread!
Old 09-08-2009, 12:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

uhmm im pretty sure none of those guys claim their a photographer.. maybe they just wanted to take pictures of their cars to share with other people?? just my thought.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by buymesomedunks
uhmm im pretty sure none of those guys claim their a photographer.. maybe they just wanted to take pictures of their cars to share with other people?? just my thought.

Agreed!
Old 09-08-2009, 01:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You should add a bunch of your pics hushypushy

like this one........
Old 09-08-2009, 01:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hushypushy
look in my sig, that's my Flickr. It's right there for everyone to see in all of my posts. I'm not a pro but I try to avoid making obvious mistakes which lead to heinous photos.

I guess everyone is missing the point. It's not to say "ha ha I'm better than you fools." That's why I didn't "post mine for comparison". That's just lame. I look at it this way; it's kind of like watching a really bad movie...the only reason you like it is because it's insanely bad. I'm sure you know about something being so bad, it's good. On the other hand, you have to know what exactly is bad so you don't make those mistakes when you're taking your own photos. I know a lot of people just take pictures and don't care about what comes out...if you're one of those people hit the back button on your browser now!

You don't have to "post yours for comparison" to come off like a douche. This is a poor attempt at making fun of guys that don't take photography as serious as yourself. Not everyone wants to go out and buy an $800 camera so they can walk around at car shows with it strapped around their neck pretending to be a pro photographer.

I agree that some of those shots you posted were downright ridiculous, but most of them were just guys that wanted to take a picture of their car.

I'm pretty sure there are 55786543214 people out there that are better than you who can point out a bunch of flaws in your pictures. How would you feel if they made a thread on H-T bashing your pics? If you say you wouldn't care, then you're a damn liar.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:07 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

i agree 100% with the OP.

i would have taken it a step further, as someone did in GDD about 4 years ago. that is, finding people who put their "watermarks" on photos this bad. youll see some **** thats worse than a cellphone photo with "mad tyTe jdm photos" on the bottom corner.

and to the guy above me, youre wrong. about 10% or less are just guys who wanted to photo their car. the other 90% have that stupid artistic "jdm twang" to them you see on here all too much.

you guys dont see/find the humor in this because you have a defensive "chip on the shoulder" attitude. well, at least the first 4 replies. everything after that is just "sheep" chiming in. had "hey mikeeyyy" come in here and said "haha thats funny man" then all you other mouth-breathers would have done exactly the same thing.

OP, post this in GDD and have this one deleted. there are people in there who had enough oxygen present at birth who will "get it". you cant post anything in this section without some living at home 17 yr old, cry-me-a-river, karma-loop-shopping, DRONE getting mad about it lolol
Old 09-08-2009, 02:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Uh, you're wrong. Like I said, some of those pics he posted were just stupid. But some were just guys trying to take pics of their cars.

I kind of see what he was going for, but I think he could have gone about it in a different way. I don't know about the chip on my shoulder thing though. But nice try. Not everyone wants to take the time and effort to learn how to properly take a stupid picture of a civic. Give me a break, some of you guys over do it with some of the pictures. We get it, you bought an expensive camera and a photography for dummies book, get over yourselves.

And of course he's gonna get different responses in GDD. IT'S GDD, MORON. Everyone in there drives a different car everyday, bangs super models, travels the world and somehow found the time to go to law, medical, and business school.

GTFO of here with that ****.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:45 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by DOHChatchGUY
Uh, you're wrong. Like I said, some of those pics he posted were just stupid. But some were just guys trying to take pics of their cars.

I kind of see what he was going for, but I think he could have gone about it in a different way. I don't know about the chip on my shoulder thing though. But nice try. Not everyone wants to take the time and effort to learn how to properly take a stupid picture of a civic. Give me a break, some of you guys over do it with some of the pictures. We get it, you bought an expensive camera and a photography for dummies book, get over yourselves.

And of course he's gonna get different responses in GDD. IT'S GDD, MORON. Everyone in there drives a different car everyday, bangs super models, travels the world and somehow found the time to go to law, medical, and business school.

GTFO of here with that ****.
i read thru your post, and you made not one single valid point. its just an immature rambling rant.

if youre going to call ME a moron, you had better be ready to back it up with something more intelligent than "stupid picture of a civic". are you one of those children who refers to everything as "gay" too? or just "stupid"?

are you a guy with a dohc hatch by chance?
Old 09-08-2009, 02:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this thread was pretty pointless.. -_-

Old 09-08-2009, 03:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Conan the Destroyer
i read thru your post, and you made not one single valid point. its just an immature rambling rant.

if youre going to call ME a moron, you had better be ready to back it up with something more intelligent than "stupid picture of a civic". are you one of those children who refers to everything as "gay" too? or just "stupid"?

are you a guy with a dohc hatch by chance?

You're kidding, right? Talk about the pot and the kettle. That rambling little response just confirmed my assumption of you being a MORON. That was weak. Just STFU already guy.

Are you the guy with a dohc hatch by chance?

Good one.

Are you a destroyer who goes by the name conan by chance? hahahaha what a stupid gay f@g.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:04 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by Conan the Destroyer
are you one of those children who refers to everything as "gay" too? or just "stupid"?
Originally Posted by DOHChatchGUY

hahahaha what a stupid gay f@g.

I rest my case.

See you underneath the monkeybars at recess, Maynard.

keep posting, please.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I guess you're too dumb to see what I did there.

Sarcasm detector. Check yours cuz I think it's broken, Einstein. Give it up already.

EDIT- I'm done with this thread, but feel free to keep making an *** of yourself in this little e-battle.

Last edited by DOHChatchGUY; 09-08-2009 at 03:24 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

haha @ this thread
Old 09-08-2009, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What kind of guy thinks they're good enough at something to go out, find other examples of work, and then call them about how bad they are? I mean, really, who the f.uck does that?

Douche move guy, douche move

Quick Reply: HT's worst car photography (tons of pics but 56k click it anyway)