Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Trunk taillight

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 04:09 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk taillight

Ok so my last post was confusing. So here's a new one. My brakes is separated from the trunk. So there's taillight lights (on trunk) next to backup light. it usually lights up when I turn my lights when I drive. But when I was changing all the lights at the rear. Everything turns on but one taillight. The left turns on, but the other is not. The bulb is new. I don't know if its the connecter or wires.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Trunk taillight

Originally Posted by Daryl Reyes
Ok so my last post was confusing. So here's a new one. My brakes is separated from the trunk. So there's taillight lights (on trunk) next to backup light. it usually lights up when I turn my lights when I drive. But when I was changing all the lights at the rear. Everything turns on but one taillight. The left turns on, but the other is not. The bulb is new. I don't know if its the connecter or wires.
Sounds like you are replacing the Accord's tail lights from inside the trunk, like this...

Please confirm. From your other thread, I see you have a 2005 Accord, similar to my 2004.

When you were changing all the lights at the rear, what type of bulbs are new? LED or incandescent? If they are LED, you may need to rotate the bulb 180 degrees or a half turn and then re-plug into the socket. Unlike incandescent bulbs, LEDs may fit in the socket either way but only operate one way.

If the new bulbs are not LED, there are other possible explanations. Eliminating some of them should help focus on the issue.