Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Left Turn Signal Blinking Fast, Hazards work fine

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 07:46 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left Turn Signal Blinking Fast, Hazards work fine

Hello all,
I have a 2011 Honda Accord EX and I noticed my left turn signal was blinking rapidly when I turned it on. The right turn signal works fine. I got out to look at the lights while keeping my left turn signal on and both the front and rear left bulbs work, just blink at that faster rate. I then turned the hazards on and the left lights went back to blinking at a normal speed when in the hazard mode. This made me think it is not a light bulb issue. What do you think could be the problem if my left turn signal lights blink at a faster rate but when in hazard mode work just fine? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2018, 08:04 AM
Global Moderator

Received 423 Likes on 393 Posts
Default Re: Left Turn Signal Blinking Fast, Hazards work fine

You should still check the turn signal bulbs and connector terminals. For an average DIYer or novice, there isn't much else you can do as the car doesn't have a traditional flasher relay that you could just pull and plug in like previous generation Accords.

The Turn Signal/Hazard Flasher Circuit is part of the driver's multiplex integrated control unit (MICU). The MICU is built into the driver's side under-dash fuse/relay box.

In addition, there is a Turn Signal/Hazard Relay 2 (sounder) built into the Gauge Control Module (aka instrument cluster).