Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

help finding out if my tires are directional or non-directional ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help finding out if my tires are directional or non-directional ?

i have a 2003 accord coupe lx, it needs the tires rotated, but i don't know for sure if the tires on it are directional or non-directional ?, which would tell me which pattern to rotate them with.

do all 03 accords use one type of tire?, like directional or non-directional?, or does that just matter on what kind of tires i have?
3 of my tires are Kumho Solus X Pert P205/60R16 94H XL and one tire is a Falken Ziex ZE612 205/60R16 92H,

after reading the sidewalls, i was able to read one of the Kumho tires, and it said "OUTSIDE" on it,
when it says "OUTSIDE" on the sidewall, does that mean for sure that they are non-directional tires ?

on the Kumhos, there are some things that almost look similar to an arrow, but might just be graphics or design stuff,
since i did'nt see any type of obvious arrow or the words rotation or direction, so far i'm assuming they are non-directional tires, but wanted to ask for opinions first.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help finding out if my tires are directional or non-directional ?

Im a tire tech. if it says OUTSIDE then it can go to any location as long as its mounted properly. The other one you describe very likely is directional and must stay on the SIDE of the car.

Look at the tread designs then spin the tire around the other way. Directional will point the opposite way when spun.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the reply and info, a few days ago i looked up my model tires up online, i found out one is asymmetrical and the other model is symmetric.

and i called NTB (National Tire & Battery), and asked a guy which way to rotate them since my car has 3 tires that are symmetric tires (Kumho Solus Xpert), and one tire thats asymmetrical, (Falken Ziex ZE-612), and he said even though the manual for my car says to rotate the tires in an "X" pattern, he said you need all four tires to be the same, and since i have one tire thats different and is asymmetrical, he said just to rotate them from front to back, so thats what i ended up doing, at a carwash using my friend's tools, (an airgun, hydraulic jack etc...), he is a mobile mechanic and has every tool you ever need in the back of his pathfinder, and power inverter and big light rigs and every other thing you can ever think of, thats why its good to know him.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol, I work for Tire Kingdom / NTB