Wheel and Tire

What type of tires?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What type of tires?

Well my back tire is starting to shred i'm surprised i made it back home there is a deep hole all the way around the inside of the tire, I see metal all around. This is the first time having to deal with tires as these are the original tires from when i bought the car.

So i'm not educated much on the topic. I took some things off the tire like the width and what not. The tires are "low pro's" and the numbers are 205/40R17 80H Then these numbers ego9z7 but not sure what that is they where before the tire width on the tire.

I looked at walmart's tires online and put in the width and what not and it brought up 14 choices and i have no clue what one i would choose. Also a buddy of mine said walmart doesn't carry the tires i have so i might need to go to a actual tire shop.

Any suggestions on what tires too get? I like the "low pro" tires so i want to stick with that. I'm just going to buy 4 new ones and use my best one as a spare so if there are any deals for getting all 4 that would be great. Thanks!
Old 03-02-2013, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What type of tires?

I suggest checking the wheel and tire forum. You should find the info you are looking for.

Your budget will dictate what you need.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/wheel-tire-56/
Old 03-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Sanji

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Unless you replaced your factory spare tire with a 17" wheel, you're not going to be able to use any of your tires as a spare.

As for replacing your tires, you have 205/40R17 size tires. So, you'll want to look for a direct replacement size to get a similar appearance. I wouldn't advise going with Wal-Mart for tires, unless you're really tight on a budget. I would definitely recommend going with an on-line distributor, or reputable local tire shop (one that provides a warranty on the tires you purchase through their company and offers free rotations and puncture repairs).
Old 03-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I plan on going out and buying another rim for a spare.

Budget id have to say around $500-$600.

So go with something like tire kingdom or tire plus then?

I want some good tires. I hope $600 is fine
Old 03-02-2013, 01:21 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How much are you looking to spend? What kind of driving do you do? I'm going to assume you don't have to put up with snow, since you live in FL.

Cheap option
Mid-range option
High end option
Racing ONLY option

Assuming your car is relatively stock and D powered (bolt on's don't count) the cheap or mid-range option should be fine for you. If you're B powered or boosted D, mid range to high end. If you're boosted B, high end only. Don't bother with the racing tires unless you're going to get a second set of wheels, and even then, a 17" wheel would be...well, quite frankly stupid for any kind of track use on a Honda.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:40 AM
Retired Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dont go to a tireshop..

tires.com has the best prices and free shipping
Old 03-10-2013, 01:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just got some dunlop direzzas and theyre really nice. Good price and quality. 85 a piece from sears