Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

fuel pump Relay?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 12:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump Relay?

I've been noticing lately that when I start my car I hear a buzzing sound coming from the underdash fuse relay box. and I suspect it could be the fuel pump relay. has anyone ever noticed this on there Accord's. it take's about a half a second longer to for my engine to start. my car has 135K any help appreciated.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: fuel pump Relay?

My car has done this often over the 11 years I've had it, thanks to my surgically repaired wrist (hard to turn the key all the way from off to start). I think it's the car's way of telling you not to leave the key between on, and start position. If you turn the key quick enough you don't hear the sound, right?
Old 04-30-2014, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

your surgically repaired wrist what Happened? ... but yea if I turn the key quick enough I don't hear the sound as much. I'm going to check the resistance on it. I don't want it to go out then I'll be stuck at my office and I drive to work far away everyday. at least 40 miles total every day. If the resistance is ok I'll replace it to see if the noise goes away. I'll check back later with more information
Old 05-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Motorcycle crash happened (I had 10 pins holding the bones together, two are still in there). Like I said, my car has been doing this as long as I can remember, and it's never left me stranded.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Motorcycle crash that's crazy at least your ok though will those two pins that are in your wrist will those ever be removed. So you don't have the bad memory about the Motorcycle crash. Speaking of motorcycle crash my Aunt Paula had a motorcycle crash awhile back I think she has a plate with the screws in her arm... But I'll check the fuel pump relay this weekend. Plus I have to solve a water leak issue I hope my windshield isn't leaking like many people say they do cause it would be expensive and hard to fix.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The two remaining pins are deep inside the wrist, and would require surgery to remove, that's why they will stay there forever. No real problems with the wrist now, aside from limited range of motion, hence the buzzing sound a lot of times starting the car. Where is the water showing up? If the moonroof drain hoses get clogged up it can cause leaks to show up anywhere from the headliner to the floor pan. You can open the roof, poor a glass of water in the drain channels, and watch for water next to the wheels. Water should come out next to each wheel, behind the front wheels and in front of the rear wheels (I think). Good luck
Old 05-02-2014, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks I'm going to remove the head liner tomorrow and figure out where the leak is. I did take a water bottle and pour water though the drain tubes. along time ago and water did come out though the wheel wells. But that was years ago as a test. so ill try that again and see where the water goes. And also check the fuel pump relay actually it didn't start today on first crank I was puzzled it did that. started fine on the second try. though I seriously hope nothing is wrong first time its done this. over the 11 years ive owned the car well ill check those things tomorrow.