Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

can i turn off the horn beeping from remote

 
Old 01-18-2009, 10:01 AM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3
Default can i turn off the horn beeping from remote

I have recently purchased an 06 accord and everytime I press the remote transmitter the horn beeps once for lock and twice for unlock. is there anyway to not have the horn beep it is very annoying in a queit apartments.. thanks for any help..
neongreen is offline  
Old 01-18-2009, 08:47 PM
  #2  
Honda-Tech Member
 
dtapia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fresno, ca, usa
Posts: 1,296
Default Re: can i turn off the horn beeping from remote

i just looked in the owners manual and it does not talk about making it silent but from all the other honda and acura models they have that option. maybe you can contact your honda dealer and talk to the sales dept as they will know all the features and functions for that car.
dtapia is offline  
Old 01-18-2009, 08:55 PM
  #3  
Junior Member
 
AznX TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: palmyra, pa, leb.
Posts: 56
Default Re: can i turn off the horn beeping from remote

i believe its hold lock and trunk button for 10 secs, or it might be unlock and trunk button. i forget, but one of those should work.
AznX TL is offline  
Old 01-18-2009, 09:00 PM
  #4  
Honda-Tech Member
 
dtapia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fresno, ca, usa
Posts: 1,296
Default Re: can i turn off the horn beeping from remote

sounds very familure from the old days with honda lol
dtapia is offline  
Old 01-20-2009, 11:38 AM
  #5  
Honda-Tech Member
 
hometheaterman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,339
Default Re: can i turn off the horn beeping from remote

Our 06 Accord only beeps if you hit the lock button on the remote 2 times. It beeps on the 2nd and any time you hit it after the 2nd. So normally it doesn't beep unless you hit it 2 times really quickly. As for unlocking it. It doesn't beep at all. Not sure why yours does. Maybe contact your dealer and see what you say.
hometheaterman is offline  
Old 01-20-2009, 05:41 PM
  #6  
Honda-Tech Member
 
K24power07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kissimmee, FL, usa
Posts: 288
Default Re: can i turn off the horn beeping from remote

Originally Posted by hometheaterman View Post
our 06 accord only beeps if you hit the lock button on the remote 2 times. It beeps on the 2nd and any time you hit it after the 2nd. So normally it doesn't beep unless you hit it 2 times really quickly. As for unlocking it. It doesn't beep at all. Not sure why yours does. Maybe contact your dealer and see what you say.

+1
K24power07 is offline  
Old 01-20-2009, 05:59 PM
  #7  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9
Default Re: can i turn off the horn beeping from remote

i held all the buttons down on my sisters to silence hers i dont know how long it was though
killbillet is offline  
Old 01-20-2009, 06:50 PM
  #8  
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DANBURY, CT, UNITED STATS
Posts: 662
Default Re: can i turn off the horn beeping from remote

Originally Posted by neongreen View Post
I have recently purchased an 06 accord and everytime I press the remote transmitter the horn beeps once for lock and twice for unlock. is there anyway to not have the horn beep it is very annoying in a queit apartments.. thanks for any help..
it sounds to like you have an aftermarket alarm tied into the factory security system. i would look under the drivers dash and see if you find an alarm box/brain. it should have a bunch of wire in a mess under if it has one. is there a red led some where on the dash that blinks???
HONDAPARTSMANMIKE is offline  
Old 01-20-2009, 08:46 PM
  #9  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3
Default Re: can i turn off the horn beeping from remote

allright guys. thanks for all info but I finally figured it out. after a week of researching w/o going to dealer. I guess I have a "factory installed" Karr alarm system that ties into the oem alarm. if any of u have this same system and want to put the chirping to silent mode. there should be a button under the steering wheel like on the left side: key into ingnition turn on then turn off hit button under dash three times. the system should beep twice and be in a silent mode after word. it's such an improvement. I found out that there are a lot of autos that have this system around the same time including mazdas, hondas and fords...
neongreen is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 06:32 AM
  #10  
Trial User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 1
Default Re: can i turn off the horn beeping from remote

Originally Posted by neongreen View Post
allright guys. thanks for all info but I finally figured it out. after a week of researching w/o going to dealer. I guess I have a "factory installed" Karr alarm system that ties into the oem alarm. if any of u have this same system and want to put the chirping to silent mode. there should be a button under the steering wheel like on the left side: key into ingnition turn on then turn off hit button under dash three times. the system should beep twice and be in a silent mode after word. it's such an improvement. I found out that there are a lot of autos that have this system around the same time including mazdas, hondas and fords...
Thank you so much. Your fix worked great. The problem has been driving me nuts! Now I don't have worry about waking the neighbors up when I go to work early.
jgunther1 is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 01:05 PM
  #11  
Honda-Tech Member
 
BLKFLSH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Thibodaux, LA, USA
Posts: 3,735
Default Re: can i turn off the horn beeping from remote

Originally Posted by hometheaterman View Post
Our 06 Accord only beeps if you hit the lock button on the remote 2 times. It beeps on the 2nd and any time you hit it after the 2nd. So normally it doesn't beep unless you hit it 2 times really quickly. As for unlocking it. It doesn't beep at all. Not sure why yours does. Maybe contact your dealer and see what you say.
Exactly. If you have the stock alarm, it will only beep if you push the button twice. So not Honda's fault.
BLKFLSH is offline  
Old 01-26-2019, 01:42 PM
  #12  
Trial User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1
Default Re: can i turn off the horn beeping from remote

This worked great for me! Thank you so much for posting how to change this.,
Apparently, this turns my security system off completely and deactives the ability to use the panic button from my key fob, but for right now, I am fine with that. The extra beeping was driving me crazy.
thank you!
Lindajanec is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 09:45 AM
  #13  
Trial User
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1
Default Re: can i turn off the horn beeping from remote

Originally Posted by neongreen View Post
allright guys. thanks for all info but I finally figured it out. after a week of researching w/o going to dealer. I guess I have a "factory installed" Karr alarm system that ties into the oem alarm. if any of u have this same system and want to put the chirping to silent mode. there should be a button under the steering wheel like on the left side: key into ingnition turn on then turn off hit button under dash three times. the system should beep twice and be in a silent mode after word. it's such an improvement. I found out that there are a lot of autos that have this system around the same time including mazdas, hondas and fords...
thanks i will try this!!!!
Accord2012! is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
jp_mobday
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012)
0
01-20-2014 11:00 AM
2002 Civic LX
Honda Civic (2001 - 2005)
0
01-17-2014 05:20 PM
Blamm!!
Audio / Security / Video
17
05-22-2012 07:51 AM
TCups
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012)
2
05-21-2012 07:03 AM
BrianHondaTech
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002)
2
10-27-2003 04:15 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: can i turn off the horn beeping from remote


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: