Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Camshaft Position Sensor Location in 2007 Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 06:07 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon4 Camshaft Position Sensor Location in 2007 Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Hybrid

Recently my Accord has started to have an issue where the VSA and check engine lights come on together, and the RPM is limited to 3000. I went to an auto parts store and they gave me a CEL code P0344 (camshaft position CMP sensor A Intermittent Interruption). I have found schematics and the location of this sensor of every other Honda, but not my model. If anyone knows the location of this sensor it would help me a lot.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:31 PM
Global Moderator

Received 420 Likes on 390 Posts
Default Re: Camshaft Position Sensor Location in 2007 Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Hybrid

It located on the right side of the engine. Brn/Yel wire is from ground G101, Yel/Blk wire gets power from PGM-FI Main Relay 1, Yel wire is sensor input to PCM.
Attached Images  
Old 09-06-2021, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon5 Re: Camshaft Position Sensor Location in 2007 Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Hybrid

Originally Posted by Chandler_J
Recently my Accord has started to have an issue where the VSA and check engine lights come on together, and the RPM is limited to 3000. I went to an auto parts store and they gave me a CEL code P0344 (camshaft position CMP sensor A Intermittent Interruption). I have found schematics and the location of this sensor of every other Honda, but not my model. If anyone knows the location of this sensor it would help me a lot.
Did replacing the CMP Sensor A work for you?

I'm seeing a Check Engine light come on with P0344, and the RPM starts stutter at 3000RPM...dropping to 2700 then back up and then down. This is on a 2007 Accord V6 non-hybrid.
The Timing Belt, Water Pump, and Tensioner were recently replaced...and then started seeing this after I clear the Engine codes.
Car was started after letting it sit overnight, and then stepped on the gas pedal to bring it up to hold at 3000 RPM while in park.
The stuttering didn't seem to happen after my last 10min drive the car(keeping it below 3000 RPM).
On some prior day, the car stalled and Check Engine light came on with P0344, VSA code, and impact sensors codes.
Old 10-16-2023, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Camshaft Position Sensor Location in 2007 Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Hybrid

Were you able to fix it? I had the same situation exactly like you

No light yet, though. And I don’t want to see it

how did you fix it ?

Originally Posted by longelier
Did replacing the CMP Sensor A work for you?

I'm seeing a Check Engine light come on with P0344, and the RPM starts stutter at 3000RPM...dropping to 2700 then back up and then down. This is on a 2007 Accord V6 non-hybrid.
The Timing Belt, Water Pump, and Tensioner were recently replaced...and then started seeing this after I clear the Engine codes.
Car was started after letting it sit overnight, and then stepped on the gas pedal to bring it up to hold at 3000 RPM while in park.
The stuttering didn't seem to happen after my last 10min drive the car(keeping it below 3000 RPM).
On some prior day, the car stalled and Check Engine light came on with P0344, VSA code, and impact sensors codes.
Old 10-17-2023, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, fixed :-)
Suspected the timing belt was not correctly aligned, because the sensors were not touched during the replacement of the timing belt and water-pump. This resulted in a Check Engine Light, P0344 code, and random stalls at 3k RPM.
I later replaced 1 of the 2 sensors...the cheaper Camshaft Position Sensor(Denso 37840pgea01), then new CEL codes showed up after clearing onboard computer:
P0389 CKP Sensor B Intermittent
83-13 ECM/PCM relation failure

Drove it like this for several months. Stalls were still random, but didn't happen much. Engine was still running rough, so fuel economy was unpleasant.
After re-aligning Timing Belt again, the issue has not appeared well past a year now...no CEL, codes, no stalls, no rough idles. Mechanic said timing belt was off by a belt tooth. It is a pain to tear apart again to get to the timing belt to adjust. I can understand his reductants.

The original CEL code wasn't the issue. I didn't even replace the pricier Crankshaft Position Sensor that I bought...a Honda Denso part# 37500rcaa01 is still in the bag/box.
Old 10-23-2023, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You had a P0389 CKP Sensor B error with the code 83? I don't have this error code with my car..

I did the timing change and yes, the engine seems rough just a bit. I'm not even sure though as I don't know if that would be a normal engine sound haha..

However, I only have this code 83 ECM/PCM relation failure. I have no stalls.. Nothing more.. No idea why..

I've talked to some people and they said its related to the ABS Sensor and not the crankshaft sensor.. I still need to do an ABS sensor recalibration to see if that would fix it..

Do you know how they did the re-alignment ? Cost a lot? ( Glad you've fixed it! )

Originally Posted by longelier
Yes, fixed :-)
Suspected the timing belt was not correctly aligned, because the sensors were not touched during the replacement of the timing belt and water-pump. This resulted in a Check Engine Light, P0344 code, and random stalls at 3k RPM.
I later replaced 1 of the 2 sensors...the cheaper Camshaft Position Sensor(Denso 37840pgea01), then new CEL codes showed up after clearing onboard computer:
P0389 CKP Sensor B Intermittent
83-13 ECM/PCM relation failure

Drove it like this for several months. Stalls were still random, but didn't happen much. Engine was still running rough, so fuel economy was unpleasant.
After re-aligning Timing Belt again, the issue has not appeared well past a year now...no CEL, codes, no stalls, no rough idles. Mechanic said timing belt was off by a belt tooth. It is a pain to tear apart again to get to the timing belt to adjust. I can understand his reductants.

The original CEL code wasn't the issue. I didn't even replace the pricier Crankshaft Position Sensor that I bought...a Honda Denso part# 37500rcaa01 is still in the bag/box.
Old 12-01-2023, 03:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Had a total of 2 or 3 stalls, which were intermittent, over the several months of daily driving. And it seems to be from cold starts.
I didn't watch the mechanic re-align the belt, like when we originally replaced the old timing belt. He doesn't have a car shop...just home garage with some basic tools. He probably did the same things to replace the belt. Turned and centered it, removed some parts that were in the way, then took the timing belt off, then put it back on.