Notices
Honda Accord (2013 - 2015) 2013 - 2015 Honda Accord and Inspire

Speed Sensor Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 11:46 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Sensor Questions

Hey there, I just replaced the clutch in my 2015 Accord EX 6-speed. It drives and shifts smoothly so everything is usable, but a few things are not working properly after I put everything back together.

First, my speedometer is not working. During the process of taking out my hubs I took out the speed sensors that stick into the hub. I made sure to put them back in and I didn’t stress the wires that were connected to the sensor at any time. It seems simple enough but is there something I needed to do to properly reinsert them or should I just buy new sensors...?

Second, when I was driving prior to the clutch change, if I drove fast enough, my shifter wouldn’t allow me to move into reverse. Now, I can be on the freeway going 65 and I can put it in position to pull it into reverse which freaks me out because it would be really easy to accidentally shift into reverse instead of 6th. Did I loosen something I need to tighten when I changed my clutch or can someone tell me if this is a product of the speed sensor not working as well?

Any information is appreciated
Old 07-17-2019, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Speed Sensor Questions

Originally Posted by Hondaindy209
Hey there, I just replaced the clutch in my 2015 Accord EX 6-speed. It drives and shifts smoothly so everything is usable, but a few things are not working properly after I put everything back together.

First, my speedometer is not working. During the process of taking out my hubs I took out the speed sensors that stick into the hub. I made sure to put them back in and I didn’t stress the wires that were connected to the sensor at any time. It seems simple enough but is there something I needed to do to properly reinsert them or should I just buy new sensors...?

Second, when I was driving prior to the clutch change, if I drove fast enough, my shifter wouldn’t allow me to move into reverse. Now, I can be on the freeway going 65 and I can put it in position to pull it into reverse which freaks me out because it would be really easy to accidentally shift into reverse instead of 6th. Did I loosen something I need to tighten when I changed my clutch or can someone tell me if this is a product of the speed sensor not working as well?

Any information is appreciated
Both the speedometer and reverse lock out solenoid utilize the signal from the output shaft sensor to function. Either its not plugged in correctly(or at all) or its broken.

I believe this sensor is on the front of the transmission,by the radiator.

But I dont remeber for sure,Google is your friend here.