Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What can i do to my car to make it faster w/o spending money

Originally Posted by EKHatch_617
OBIOSLY
......im not even gonna touch that.

anyhow. for free......there is basically nothing that will make it faster. not much of any kind or weight reduction will make much of nay noticeable different. swap or boost.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gibsanez
facepalm.jpg

Street racing, seriously?
no not street racing hell no. my boy owns his own ****ing track for crying out loud. u telling me no1 street races at the begging??? just delete dis thread. wont post on here for advice anymore. HT is jus for reading *** posting MOD PLZ DELETE
Old 10-26-2009, 07:35 PM
HTBATRACER

no not street racing hell no. my boy owns his own ****ing track for crying out loud. u telling me no1 street races at the begging??? just delete dis thread. wont post on here for advice anymore. HT is jus for reading *** posting MOD PLZ DELETE
I hope you never reproduce.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:42 PM
He knows where you live!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't think you realize, HT, while harsh can usually form a complete sentence without having horribly written slang. You don't think like that, you may talk like that, but there is certainly no reason to type like that - so don't.

You want answers? Ask a simple, straight forward and well thought out question. Not "gangsta" talk where a person reading can't tell if a two year old or an idiot wrote it.

Common sense would tell you that your car is not going to gain any real power from putting zero money it it. What do you expect to happen?

"Remove your wobble shaft and you'll gain 50 hp"

Even common (and required) maintenance costs you money - which is probably where you should start. From the way you're acting and typing, I'm going to wager the car is horribly abused and in need of repair. Fix it back to stock then worry about trying to modify it.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Must be from 'West' Boston.......

Heck, I thought I'd made some good suggestions what with loosing weight and such....

It must have been the reference to shoving it out the back of a Boeing C-17 where I lost him....
Old 10-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if these are 09's
10's

If you remove the restricter plate that'll let it breath a little better and give you better throttle response

srsly
Old 10-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 67 Likes on 67 Posts

i wanna go faster so i can keep up with my 2 boys. a gsr integra and a ls/vtec eg hatch. i like the accord body so do not want to get a civic and swap it i want to swap the accord and b able to compete with them.. i just want to hit at least 275whp ill b happy unless i start going to the tracks but man keep your negativity to yourselves ppl damn OBIOSLY i need money to play but i was thinking be4 i do a H22 swap what ways cud i make my f22b2 faster for free since im taking it out i dont want to spend money on it DUH
275whp with an H22 is gonna cost you big. Unless you wimp out and go for boost.

Anywho, There is nothing you can do for free to make your F22B2 faster. Save up your money & buy your swap. Sell me your useless F22B2 for $150, shipped to my door. Then use that money to buy a set of adjustable camshaft pulleys, injectors or something.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:26 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just like the title sais im not looking 4 a major gain but anythin is good. im thinking bout probably removing sumthing besides the ps and ac.. or a diy on anything to make ur car faster thanks 4 da help in advance also how can i save money
I just went and got a faster car.......no one wants to ride in a gutted car man
Old 10-27-2009, 01:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai
I just went and got a faster car.......no one wants to ride in a gutted car man
Ditto. It's too bad I've already got the mod bug for my faster car, though. The money pit never ceases.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=TheMuffinMan;40433453]

"Remove your wobble shaft and you'll gain 50 hp"

LMAO your wobble shaft? Judging by this guy he might actually go remove a half shaft and expect to pick up 50 hp drivin in a circle, doin one wheel burn outs.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This thread is all fail...
Old 10-27-2009, 03:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i wanna go faster so i can keep up with my 2 boys. a gsr integra and a ls/vtec eg hatch. i like the accord body so do not want to get a civic and swap it i want to swap the accord and b able to compete with them.. i just want to hit at least 275whp ill b happy unless i start going to the tracks but man keep your negativity to yourselves ppl damn OBIOSLY i need money to play but i was thinking be4 i do a H22 swap what ways cud i make my f22b2 faster for free since im taking it out i dont want to spend money on it DUH
As far as weight reduction goes...it's definitely not worth it, if you plan on driving this car everyday. You need something like (100lbs?) of reduction just to pick up a simple 10 hp and that's not even to the wheels. Unfortunately you have one of the heavier honda's from this generation. That's why yes, you would need something like an H22 (+torque) in an accord to feel a difference and keep up with your boys, I got one in my hf (light model) crx and it moves pretty good, I'd even say sell your accord and pick up a hatch, instead of trying weight reduction in hopes to gain horsepower. Or like everyone else has said just wait until you have the money to see legit gains from performance parts. Imo I'd rather fork out a couple hundred bucks for an i.h.e, than try an cut out 200+ pounds...it's just not logical to see significant gains without paying for it.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:44 AM
He knows where you live!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chapscrx
As far as weight reduction goes...it's definitely not worth it, if you plan on driving this car everyday. You need something like (100lbs?) of reduction just to pick up a simple 10 hp and that's not even to the wheels. Unfortunately you have one of the heavier honda's from this generation. That's why yes, you would need something like an H22 (+torque) in an accord to feel a difference and keep up with your boys, I got one in my hf (light model) crx and it moves pretty good, I'd even say sell your accord and pick up a hatch, instead of trying weight reduction in hopes to gain horsepower. Or like everyone else has said just wait until you have the money to see legit gains from performance parts. Imo I'd rather fork out a couple hundred bucks for an i.h.e, than try an cut out 200+ pounds...it's just not logical to see significant gains without paying for it.
Well you're not "picking up" horsepower, you're just lugging around less weight.

The F series doesn't see much in terms of gains from just a I/H/E but does fairly well with head upgrades.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
Well you're not "picking up" horsepower, you're just lugging around less weight.

The F series doesn't see much in terms of gains from just a I/H/E but does fairly well with head upgrades.
Touché
Old 10-27-2009, 07:12 AM
New User

i have a 95 accord and want to make it a lil faster witout a swap i want to keep the fb22 vtec wat should i do to give it a lil hp wen needed? ive done the whole dohc vtec b16 in my eg hatch but my accord i want to keep stock and any info would kindly help me with this project thanks...