Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Weird Humming coming from unknown place in engine bay.!!!!!!!LOUD!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird Humming coming from unknown place in engine bay.!!!!!!!LOUD!!!!!!!!

Hey whats up, I got another question reguarding my 97 Accord Lx with a JDM H22 swap. Ever since I put in my Skank 2 Intake manifold on this weird *** humming noise has been intermeditingly happening just for the hell of it. It will come on and I will rev the gas to get rid of it and it goes away. It has always made some kind of weird noise even with my old F22 motor. It would just be this little humming noise coming from the pass rear of the engine bay. But now since I installed the intake manifold this noise has gotten 4 times as loud, it's embarrasing as holy hell! Has anyone else had this kind of problem before. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-20-2004, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Weird Humming coming from unknown place in engine bay.!!!!!!!LOUD!!!!!!!! (EuRoBrO)

^ wow, no one??????????
Old 08-21-2004, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Weird Humming coming from unknown place in engine bay.!!!!!!!LOUD!!!!!!!! (EuRoBrO)

I have a simaler "problem" in my 1990 accord. It isn't really loud enough to be embarassing, but I have always just assumed that it was the air moving through the manifold and never sweated it. My car never did it before I had an intake on it, only after, so I don't know exactly what it is that does it. Sorry I couldn't answer your question, just wanted to let you know that your not the only one.
Old 08-21-2004, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Weird Humming coming from unknown place in engine bay.!!!!!!!LOUD!!!!!!!! (Assassin247)

i've heard a kind of whine in mine.... i traced it to be the MAP sensor... because i unplugged the little ****** and the noise stopped instantly...before the engine slowed down...even with the engine off, and the key in the on posistion i still hear it until i unplug it, then it stops. haha.
Old 08-21-2004, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Weird Humming coming from unknown place in engine bay.!!!!!!!LOUD!!!!!!!! (desolate)

Hmm, Map sensor heh? This noise is extremely loud! It may be the MAP sensor, ill start there with my check, like I said it has always had this little minor humming noise like a fuel pump but in the engine bay, even when the engine is off, **** it did it even with the battery was off. But now i'm not sure if it's the same noise, it sounds just like it but it's friekin incredibly loud, like if you were 50 feet away you would still break your neck to see what kind of POS making that raquet!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by desolate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i've heard a kind of whine in mine.... i traced it to be the MAP sensor... because i unplugged the little ****** and the noise stopped instantly...before the engine slowed down...even with the engine off, and the key in the on posistion i still hear it until i unplug it, then it stops. haha.</TD></TR></TABLE>