Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

STOLEN ACCORD IN NY (BROOKLYN)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STOLEN ACCORD IN NY (BROOKLYN)

hey, got crappy news today, my girlfriends 1995 Accord LX was stollen today/last night.

she parked it about 11:30, this morning at 7 it was gone.....

I dont even know why someone would take a bone stock Accord LX with a 4cyl motor and no options, cloth interior.

car was Green with tan cloth interior. It was stollen in Marine Park Area in Brookly NY so if anyone has any info it would be appreciated.

I am hoping its only a joy ride, or minor parts...maybe it will be in driving condition when and if found...there was no theft insurance on it, only liability.

I dunno, thives are so annoying..........
Old 12-10-2004, 03:18 PM

Default Re: STOLEN ACCORD IN NY (DeadLock23)

Yea i had the same exact accord except the color stolen from me. Im in the bronx. I got it back 2 days later though with a broken ignition and a scrape on my rear bumper. Good luck to her in getting it back. This city ******* sucks.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: STOLEN ACCORD IN NY (NiBlazed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NiBlazed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea i had the same exact accord except the color stolen from me. Im in the bronx. I got it back 2 days later though with a broken ignition and a scrape on my rear bumper. Good luck to her in getting it back. This city ******* sucks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

really? I'm hoping its going to be ok when found, I mean it wasnt a looker but it was a great daily commuter you know.......not to mention worth at least 3k

this fukin sucks........
Old 12-10-2004, 03:29 PM

Just dont rely on the NYPD to do anything about it. There were witnesses who seen my car get stolen, the kid actually asked them for a screw driver, they said they didn't give him one, but i found a butter knife in my car.

So we went to the cops, and i was able to give them a name of a kid who was already arrested before for stealing cars, and they didn't do jack ******* ****.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: STOLEN ACCORD IN NY (NiBlazed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NiBlazed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just dont rely on the NYPD to do anything about it. There were witnesses who seen my car get stolen, the kid actually asked them for a screw driver, they said they didn't give him one, but i found a butter knife in my car.

So we went to the cops, and i was able to give them a name of a kid who was already arrested before for stealing cars, and they didn't do jack ******* ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF this is rediculous, you bring them the fukin name and they still dont do ****? I dunno man, I guess I can drive around the area looking for the car in dark places, but this is just fucked up......cops suck man, good for nothing
Old 12-15-2004, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry to hear it man......good luck finding it

That's why I have mine locked down with multiple anti-theft devices.....I had a crx stolen once from me here in Mt.Vernon/bx area.
The cops don't do anything cause it's a low priority crime, if it doesn't show up in a couple weeks chances are it's gone.
I imagine accords are good for their parts cause there are so many of them out there on the road.
It sucks to own hondas in nyc
Old 12-24-2004, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its been a while now, and still nothing no word.............I guess they got what they needed and just junked the rest....maybe burned it...............it was just another stock accord..........
Old 12-24-2004, 03:03 PM

Default Re: (DeadLock23)

Well that sucks. I actually saw the kid the other day who stole mine as i mentioned earlier in the thread. I asked him about it, and he said he didn't do it. So i just wanted to get my friend to see him, and make sure its the same kid.
Old 12-24-2004, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

stole it for parts...$ chop shops an make on these cars is insane.
Old 12-24-2004, 06:59 PM

Default Re: (CDEEE5)

sorry to hear that man...still not any luck??? yea i here y on the chop shops!
Old 12-24-2004, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the support..........it just sucks, I mean most people wouldnt have theft insurance on a 10 yr old car, and ofcourse my gf didnt either, so its like someone took 5k from her............

thank god for public transportation in NYC. But it sucks, you cant have a nice car, you cant have a nice beater, you cant have a nice commuter, I guess the metrocard will have to do.

I have having a teg in NYC, makes me have to always wonder how safe she is.

Old 12-24-2004, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DeadLock23)

yeah, that's why investment in top security is a must....no little $50 clubs or autolocks, those only deter joyriders, if that.
especially if you choose, (for good reason since insurance is killer in the city), to not go with full coverage, it's worth investing $300 to $700 in security....so you don't have to lose $5K later.
I had a 90 crx HF with b18a plus mods stolen from me back in 2003....went a whole year taking masstransit....hated it
once you get use to having a car, it's hard to go back.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea but eve so, backup batt, alarm, proximity sensors, kill switches, thats not going to stop someone who really want the car.

but yea, we have to try and prevent it somehow.