Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners

This is a thread about why you drive and own an accord?
Well my reason is,, I got the car for free...
its a 96 two door lx.
why do i keep it? plain and simple its paid for..
why do i mod it out? its a car no one has faith in!
So what makes me keep spending money on it?

well i have pride in my ride, now one expects to see a Drag 4 accord with a 35 shot of zex yet an automagic.. I have put so much time and money into my car that peeps do respect it,, when they here how it sounds how it runs with BOV and i purge the n20 its like a show... I love my baby,, i have a certain respect for it and its something i will not give up on.. peeps say accords can only be so fast with a f22... yes that can only be so fast with a f22.. But to take it to that point and suprize the **** out of peeps and have them say, damn man thats a f22 auto accord and there like whoa! that makes me proud.. Thats besides that actual point.. The 5th gen accord isnt a rice box, it has a great interior and it looks good, feels good and the overall car has a great quality. Im proud to own and drive what i have...

a SLEEPER..

whats your reason for have pride and loving your accord?
Old 01-17-2003, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners (BoostedBigBodyLXaccord)

coz I am fat..cant get into anything smaller and anything required a step to get on(suv)
Old 01-17-2003, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners (iam7head)

sorry..I'm semi-stone.
for real
I dont know a jack about Car before buying my accord.
But no way I am gonna regret it..
I am modding it up because all the accords around me are
rice out putz, Bling Bling show car, or ghetto decal cruiser.
I love it for some odd reason..
Old 01-17-2003, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners (iam7head)

i always liked the accords when i was younger(my cousin had one) and when i got my lisense i got a 94 ex, but back then i wasn't into performance so thats why i have an auto...but i still love this car.
Old 01-17-2003, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners (Razor)

mods sound great...i've been considering something around the same line...because of the fact that people around here do say that accord's can only go "that fast" or only with the h22...an impressive job..
Old 01-17-2003, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners (Razor)

IMO....Accord are the Best hondas to become sleepers.
Just matters how you set them up...But for you its ALL ACCORDS
Old 01-17-2003, 11:52 PM

Default Re: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners (JDM_CB7)

I think the body style of the 5th gen accords (94-95 coupes particularly) is by far one of the best honda has made. I do wish they had one piece headlights w/o bumper lenses like 6th gens.
Old 01-18-2003, 12:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners (TypeSH)

I love my 4th gen, I love the way it looks, the way it handles and just about everything about it. I love it when I win against someone and they say wow! an accord beat me! I love that. I wasnt into performance when I got it, that is why I got the auto, but now I am craving a 5 speed again (rip 92 sentra se-r) Someday I will have enough cash to finish my car off, I bought it May 27th 1998 with 87,296 miles on her, now I have 206,543 miles on her, now that is a good car! She has been through hell and back and still I love the damn thing. Someone offered me $10,000 for her about 2 years ago, I turned them down because I could never sell my baby. Sometimes I think I am crazy for that, but then I look at the car sitting in the garage and realize there is no value on what I have with my car, it is caled attachment. This girl I am seeing has no understanding of my cars value to me, the last crazy ex knew how much it means to me, this one will take some learning to see why I drive a 13 year old car and keep spending money on it.
Okay I am stepping down from my soapbox, next?
Old 01-18-2003, 01:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners (mrnicolas)

I love my 4th gen, I love the way it looks, the way it handles and just about everything about it. I love it when I win against someone and they say wow! an accord beat me! I love that. I wasnt into performance when I got it, that is why I got the auto, but now I am craving a 5 speed again (rip 92 sentra se-r) Someday I will have enough cash to finish my car off, I bought it May 27th 1998 with 87,296 miles on her, now I have 206,543 miles on her, now that is a good car! She has been through hell and back and still I love the damn thing. Someone offered me $10,000 for her about 2 years ago, I turned them down because I could never sell my baby. Sometimes I think I am crazy for that, but then I look at the car sitting in the garage and realize there is no value on what I have with my car, it is caled attachment. This girl I am seeing has no understanding of my cars value to me, the last crazy ex knew how much it means to me, this one will take some learning to see why I drive a 13 year old car and keep spending money on it.
Okay I am stepping down from my soapbox, next?
My thoughts EXACTLY! Only for my 3rd gen instead

Peeps think I'm crazy for fixing up a 14 year old car with so many miles, but I just ignore it and do my own thing (as usual, lol). It still runs 100% MINT, so I say what's the point in getting a new car? I got it for free, and really don't want a car payment anyways. My dad is always giving me a hard time about putting money into it. He's a domestic guy, so he's used to his American pieces of crap dropping dead at 150k, and he says "just save your money so you can get a newer car. That car has 300k+ miles, it doesn't have THAT much life left in it". I find that funny though since my car runs WAAAAY better than his '89 Chevy Astro with 197k (and a rebuilt engine), and reliability is on a whole other scale altogether, lol. Virtually no oil leaks, 200 psi compression across the board, and a steady 21 in-Hg vacuum are pretty damn good if you ask me. Just like mrnicolas said though, it's called attachment, and to some people that can be a very powerful thing. I've been everywhere in my car and loved every minute of it, so naturally it's going to grow on you. This car has taken me from Minneapolis Minnesota to Homestead Florida, and from Cleveland Ohio to the top of Pikes Peak (14,100 ft high) in Colorado Springs Colorado, and all states in between, all without a single problem. Reliability is still top notch (good 'ol A20A3 ) as it always has been, so I enjoy the convienence of being able to just jump in and drive anywhere I want without a worry. Comfort: Cruising along the highway at 90-100 mph is effortless, smooth as silk, and QUIET (I can't stand loud cars). This makes long drives so much more enjoyable. It's got 4 doors and a decent sized trunk, so there's plenty of room inside for me and everybody else, and enough trunk room to haul good sized stuff. It's my daily driver, so I'm not much into the huge mods or racing, but for what I use it for performance is perfectly adequate for me. Plus, MPG is still real good -- last fillup was 32.89. I also love the exterior shape and lines (flippies OWN!! ), and the interior is well laid out, comfortable, and very easy to adapt to. So I guess I'll just say the same thing Motor Trend did, and that is that the Accord simply does everything well (even the oldschool ones). Of course a little more power would be nice, but for the most part you get the best of all worlds without compromise! Can't beat that with a stick!

So yea, I my car to death and plan on keeping it for awile. She was in a wreck several years ago and looked pretty bad, so once I get it all fixed up (almost done too), I want to be able to look at the before and after and say "Damn! Look what I've been able to do", and be proud of myself (sounds corny I know, but keep in mind this is my very first time doing this kind of stuff, and I've done ALL the work myself without the help of anyone else). It's a good feeling....

Wow that was long. I'm done now too
Old 01-18-2003, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners (BoostedBigBodyLXaccord)

first time i drove an accord was back in 96. My father bought a V6 Accord for my sister. Of course me being the moron I am, took it out for a spin (I was 15) and fell in love with it. At the time I was in the process of rebuilding my 1974 VW Super Beetle (and yes I still love that car) but man did I fall in love with the Accord. It was then that I decided to pick one up. So, I saved up my money, went to the local honda dealership (2 years later from when I drove my sisters) and picked up a 94 Honda Accord EX 5spd. I had that Accord til May of last year when I was hit hard on the right side. Had to get rid of it.. So now I'm driving the same exact car. LOL.. Went out and found my car's twin. So yeah, you could say I'm definitely an Accord lover.
Old 01-18-2003, 07:07 AM

Default Re: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners (mrnicolas)

i love the 5th gen for mad long, I wish i had a coupe though but i have plans for the car
Old 01-18-2003, 08:19 AM
New User

Default Re: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners (rrei)

because it's easier to **** in the back of an Accord than it is a Civic, Integra, or Prelude
Old 01-18-2003, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners (urbanlegend21)

Yes...sex in the back..
dont forget the leather seat, sun roof and tint.
Old 01-18-2003, 08:30 AM

Default Re: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners (urbanlegend21)

because it's easier to **** in the back of an Accord than it is a Civic, Integra, or Prelude
Very true. I bought my accord because my previous car was destroyed by a big *** truck. My accord is a 93 ex coupe burgundy. When I bought it, it was super clean with low mileage. I mod it because, even though it is a good looking car, it just like every other one out there. I did an h22 swap and 5spd conversion because it just was not bad *** enough. I keep it because I love it and I do not want to drive anything else.
Old 01-18-2003, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners (93acclude)

haha, my frist car is a fat acura legend sedan.
even teg is mucho small for me.
Old 01-18-2003, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lip is gone, so are those decal.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290807441&idx=1

[Modified by iam7head, 5:44 PM 1/18/2003]

[Modified by iam7head, 5:47 PM 1/18/2003]
Old 01-18-2003, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

can't post sh_t
Old 01-18-2003, 08:59 AM

I grew up loving Accords. My dad had his first one in 87, I inherited it in 94 when I started driving. It didn't take too long till I totalled it, so I bought me an 89 LX, which I lasted until 97 and I bought the car I was dreaming of for a while, my actual 95 EX. This one has lasted me for so long, it has become a good investment, and I don't hesitate to mod it anymore, because it is so reliable, plus all paid for, and I just love the car, and I want to keep on riding for quite a while with it still, so I just upgrade it to my tastes for now. Maybe the next car will not be an Accord, I don't know, but the new TSX looks fine, I'll see when I get bored driving my 95 which car attracts me most. Either a TSX or an S4.
Old 01-18-2003, 09:23 AM

Default Re: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners (sauceman77)

one simple reason for ALL the questions:

CAUSE YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH AN ACCORD.
Old 01-18-2003, 09:27 AM

Default Re: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners (WheAs MaI MojO)

one simple reason for ALL the questions:

CAUSE YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH AN ACCORD.
Preach on brother
Old 01-18-2003, 09:29 AM

Default Re: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners (WheAs MaI MojO)

Too many people own modded Civics in this town, and hardly anyone has a modded Accord.
Old 01-18-2003, 10:10 AM

Default Re: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners (Crono139)

Civics, Integras = Roaches

Accord = Raid
Old 01-18-2003, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners (UseR)

Civics, Integras = Roaches

Accord = Raid
LOL
Old 01-18-2003, 01:38 PM

Default Re: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners (Alias)

It cause my Dad has always wanted me to get an accord. Plus no one around here has an accord like mine everyone either has 4 door 4th gens or newer accords. Plus its faster then all the civics that aren't hybrids around here.
Old 01-18-2003, 06:02 PM

Default Re: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners (4th gen accord)

well my car was given to me by my mom, yes its a grocery getter like all accords were meant to be, i was even thinking about selling it and getting a teg or something, but as i started modding it i fell in love with it, i decided to mod it because i am planning to get a new car when i go to college, anyhow i love my car, there are a few modded accords around here but there are not nearly as many as the civics, tegs, and now ludes. i just wish i had the money to get a h22, maybe one day

Quick Reply: ATTN: ACCORD OWNERS! WHY AN ACCORD? For the Hardcore Accord Owners