Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

speaker connection help !!!!!!!! help

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speaker connection help !!!!!!!! help

hey well i want to hook up these pioneer speakers the the basic ones they have out in my 97 accord wondering if i need wiring harness or you just unscrew them unplug old connect and reconnect new ones thanks guys best foum ever accordd huhuhuhuhahahaha
Old 02-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: speaker connection help !!!!!!!! help (one power)

The speakers should come with some wires that connect to the speaker itself, and then if you take the stock speakers out, cut the wires, then just connect the solid ware to the solid wire, you can use electrical tape, just twists the wires together nice. And connect the wire with a stripe on it to the other one. If thats what your asking.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:17 PM

you mean take the old speaker wire thing diconnect that from original cut it and then take that red and white wire twist them to the same color wire to my new speakers then wrap in tape right thanks
Old 02-26-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: (one power)

sorry if last did not make as much sense umm where the white platic wiring connects to the speaker plastc connecter take that apart then cut off the plastic part on wiring and then twist those two wire to the speaker wire that is already should be connected to speaker berfore we do the twisting thanks once again
Old 02-26-2007, 04:34 PM
He knows where you live!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Depending on the speaker , if it wants just straight copper wire, chop off the plastic connector on the stock accord wiring , strip them, and use those.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: speaker connection help !!!!!!!! help (one power)

yea, just take off the panel on the door, unscrew the speaker from the door, cut the wires as close to the speaker as you can cause your not going to have much wire slack, then splice them to expose the wire from the door, and connect the wires, color coded, tape them up, screw the speaker in the door, put the panel back on and you should be good.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: speaker connection help !!!!!!!! help (95AccordSC)

i don't get what your saying. but since i know how to wire speakers i'll tell you how to do it.

After you remove you old speakers, which btw you don't say are the doors or the rear, you're going to be left with the little connector. Now, most of the time, your not going to be able to use the connector. There are two metal tabs on the speaker. Ones bigger than the other so you do not get confused of which is positive and which is neg.

Now if you don't know which wire is pos. and which is neg, then you need to figure it out before you keep going. When you do know, just cut the connector off the wires and strip the ends. Now get spade connectors and crimp them to the end of the wire you just stripped. Make sure the spade connectors are the same size and fit/secure on the speaker. Then hook them up pos on the speaker to pos wire. Neg on speaker to neg on wire. If you do it wrong your speakers will be out of phase and sound weird.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:52 PM

hey thamks awesome respect found tough thse umm converters for honda/acura connecters for speakers. they plug into that plasatic crap then on other end lead to these connecters posit and negative jsut i think i'm going to plug that in and put here link tell me if all good cd6 here just click link http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd...81035
Old 02-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (one power)

yeah go for it. it'd be the easiest thing and there not too expensive.