Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Searching for INFO!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 12:05 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Searching for INFO!

I own a 93’ Honda Accord EX 4D Sedan. Has 105,xxx miles. Has been over the top extremely well maintained mechanically. The body of the car has some rust spots but it runs amazing interior is almost flawless. Grey cloth seats and carpet with soft touch leather dash and door panels. I’m the second owner. Wondering about a price range for selling in the future. Also does anyone know the correct exhaust that will stay quiet especially when accelerating. And has anyone dealt with an EGR leak. (May be the hose but haven’t had time to look into it yet)

Also, when talking about the maintenance, I have a full list of everything done in detail from the previous owner including receipts and I have all receipts from the maintenance I did as well. NO ACCIDENTS OR MAJOR REPLACEMENTS DONE/NEEDED.....yet....
Old 01-26-2019, 04:42 PM
MM Gruppe B

Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Re: Searching for INFO!

EGR system on this generation of cars is highly unlikely to have any kind of leaks.
Unless someone has removed the plugs and not properly replaced them after cleaning or the EGR valve is loose and the gasket is blown.
There are no hoses used for EGR on the 90-93s, 94-97s or 98-02s, you will need to identify what hose you have is leaking.
If you are experiencing misfiring then it could be EGR ports clogged or the valves need adjustment. FSM says to check valves at 90Kmiles, but it is more reasonable to check them at 30Kmiles.
If at part throttle you have a lot of rattling, knocking and lack of acceleration, it is most likely that your EGR ports are clogged and will need to be cleared out, by 100K miles they are usually restricted enough to warrant a thorough cleaning.
As for noise the easiest way to have a quiet exhaust is to use the largest resonator in the mid pipe, this will quell the 'fart' sounds that can occur with aftermarket exhausts. A proper muffler at the back for tone/sound preference.

Also make sure that the timing belt has been done recently. There is not only a mileage timeframe but also a time time frame. If the belt hasn't been changed in years you should replace it even if under mileage. Some items need to be timed out.