Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

rwd accord

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: rwd accord

Originally Posted by ColorCoated
i dont have my license any more. i aint no errand boy. i've done lots of schooling and working with professionals, im a state certified welder, and i do my **** all on my own lol.

but whatever, think what you want guys!

by the way, the only way to learn is to DO IT!!

if you mess up the first time and waste some money, who cares? thats how you learn. the nice thing about metal, is you can always cut it out, and weld it back in again.
Clearly you know what you are talking about. B/c heat cycling metal over and over has no impact on it's properties or integrity. You probably just missed that day at the community college when you took that welding class.

As far as me not knowing what you can do.... Your ignorant statements made it quite obvious that your skill level is nowhere near where it would need to be to successfully do this. Ford rear end in a Chevy? 2 rednecks and a 12 pack can make that happen. Notching a frame is day and night from cutting into a unibody chassis and fabbing in a rear subframe and suspension.

You're right. I can't do this. It is beyond my abilities. The fact that I recognize this and have enough of an understanding of what it would take, tells me that my knowledge, as limited as it is, still puts me ahead of you.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
It was done on a Prelude with an H22, I haven't seen it done in an Accord

There's also a fwd, rwd, and Awd civic where there are two motors that can work separate or combined.
If its a red BB2 Prelude that you're talking about then I've seen it in person here in MN and at the track over at Rockfall Raceway. The dude's got a shop of his own here.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:10 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually the crv shares a frame with a civic, not an accord. I've heard that it's not difficult to swap the civic to awd because the civic body should fit right onto the crv frame. however I've been looking to get a crv to do this swap and it kind of looks like you might need to set the engine lower than stock but idk the dimensions for that part, I just know that the civic and the crv have the exact same wheelbase as where the accord is longer and wider.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:12 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen a couple guys that Hoonigan featured in a Build Biology that did a rwd accord using nissan parts.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

You are not sitting a civic body on a crv frame. These cars are unibody and do not separate body from frame.