Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Passenger Window(power windows)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Window(power windows)

95 accord lx

window seems to be locked at a certian spot. wont role up or down, could it be the relay fuse or what

Socorro!
Old 09-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Passenger Window(power windows) (omarisramo)

check your connection by your door
Old 09-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Passenger Window(power windows) (accord_2dr)

Mine does that too. Usually after a few minutes it will start working again. As said before, check your connections.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Passenger Window(power windows) (HondaAccordTdR)

I own a 91 accord 4dr LX and just yesterday after work my car did the same thing. Only thing is I can't roll the window back up. Can you manualy roll it up if I were to pull the door panel off?

Old 11-13-2007, 07:28 AM

Default Re: Passenger Window(power windows) (CooBreeze)

Hey all, done some searching, read some posts, thought I'd tag onto the end of this post.

1992 accord ex

Went to IHOP for lunch last week, and driver side window wouldn't go up, stuck about 2 inches down from smoking a cig. After eating, I went back out and first thing tried the window, and it went up. Tried to put it back down, and it won't go beyond the 2 inches, so I put it back up and have just been opening other windows when I smoke. Today, however, I forgot for half a second, put it down, and now the window is stuck back at that 2". Have played the waiting game, tried a few times since, and it's not going up. I tried lifting the window up (live in Michigan, too darn cold to have window down, 'specially working 3rd shift like I do), but can only get it to move about .5", and if I push back down it goes back down that .5". No noise whatsoever from the window motor, though if the car is running and in park I can hear/see the tach rev down a bit when I press the switch.

I am completely car-illiterate, but from what I read I have no real options other than taking the door apart, and playing with the innards. If there's a post describing the best way to do this, or a website with pictures, I could really use a link. I've dropped almost $3k into fixing this car I bought for $1400 just six months ago, (all my oil seals, water pump, timging belt, new midpipe, full brakes, on and on and on), and really can't even afford to drop the cash on buying the tech book, since I'm still paying the credit card off from just having to have my distributor replaced.

Any help, any whatsoever, is extremely appreciated. About to head to bed, but will definitely be checking back when I wake up, since it's going to be in the 30's again tonight. Brrrrr.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Passenger Window(power windows) (ariwins)

Bump, have two garbage bags taped over the window, any help would be wonderful. Guess I can google more tomorrow, but this site filled up the first page for me.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

From what I know about 5th gen Accords is their power window motors like to go out. Your best bet would be taking the door panel off and seeing if you can find a different problem, but my may need to swap in a new motor. I don't know why they do this, but every 5th gen out there is going to have a problem with its power windows, it's inevitable. My windows are really slow on my 97 but have never stopped working, yet. (knock on wood).

Good luck man.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Passenger Window(power windows) (defaced8)

Ok, but as the person earlier asked, is it possible to get the window up manually, without replacing the motor?

Also, the only instructions I could find on removing the door panel are located here:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_...apart

Any other resources people could point me too?

Also, I've seen the part remanufactured for around $100, is there a better price anyone knows of? Would I be better off going to the junkyard and getting one myself? Christmas has already nearly been canceled thanks to this car, any more cash spent on it will mean it's over.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:57 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by omarisramo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">95 accord lx

window seems to be locked at a certian spot. wont role up or down, could it be the relay fuse or what

Socorro!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you sure the belt/cable didn't snap in there? But yeah 5th gen power windows suck, I changed my drivers side about a year ago. And my passenger side goes up faster on colder days then hotter days..
Old 11-14-2007, 04:16 AM

So, just to update and thank those who did respond: Out of the blue (I had tried at least 10 different times during the day), the window started going up when I hit the switch, so I quick tore the bags off, put it up all the way, and am about to go fix it so I can't use that switch (figure tissues on either side of the switch, with tape over top should do it). Will worry about it in the spring, I guess.

Anyways, thanks again, great site, and I have it bookmarked for any future problems.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Passenger Window(power windows) (thatasiankidtony)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thatasiankidtony &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Are you sure the belt/cable didn't snap in there? But yeah 5th gen power windows suck, I changed my drivers side about a year ago. And my passenger side goes up faster on colder days then hotter days..</TD></TR></TABLE>
That's goofy, because mine do the exact opposite. Go up and down slower when it's could. Hm, oh well. I guess I'll worry about mine when they quit working.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:15 PM

Well, if it's a window motor issue. I guess you try the old starter trick and whack it. It can sometimes help. Saved me a lot of trouble one time.. I was diagnosing a window problem and the customer didn't want to fix it. So I took my hammer and began pounding on the motor until it finally jarred back into place. But, this was for a rear window on a 02 Odyssey. So try not to hit too hard. I'd hate to see you miss and shatter that window..
Old 11-14-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Passenger Window(power windows) (PnX-R)

is it broken?