Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

LCA torque specs for shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 03:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LCA torque specs for shocks?

lowering a car tomorrow and was wondering if anybody knew the torque specs for the shock and lca bolt? thanks
Old 08-22-2003, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LCA torque specs for shocks? (mamaboy)

Well what year Accord is it and do you want both the front and rear torque info?
Old 08-22-2003, 07:57 PM
99-0104

Default Re: LCA torque specs for shocks? (haccord2.2)

if your really going to torque this you really are a mechanic noob.... i very rarely use my torque wrench .. only for things such as head bolts or main bearing caps stuff like that .... if you think the dealerships torque these things your wrong... just make them tight and youll be fine
Old 08-22-2003, 08:20 PM

Default Re: LCA torque specs for shocks? (Stripped Honda)

Well I know the dealerships don't torque things, and most of the time over tighten things. Thats why nobody but me or my dad ever touch my car. I always torque every main important part to factory specs like every thing in and on the motor that would need to be torqued, and also brakes, and suspension. My dad is a 35+ year Aircraft technician, and has taught me everything I have ever know about working on things since I was just a small kid, and we have never had any problems. Also so what I like to use my tools, that is why I buy them!
Old 08-22-2003, 10:06 PM

for FRONT:

47 ft-lb for big bolt holding the front strut wishbone to the LCA.
32 ft-b for the bolt that tightens the front strut wishbone.
22 ft-lb for the nut on top of the strut
28 ft-lb for the 3 flange nuts that hold the top strut mount to the chassis

for REAR:

28 ft-lb for the 2 flange nuts that hold the top strut mount to chassis
40 ft-lb for teh bolt holding the strut to the LCA
Old 08-23-2003, 12:47 AM
99-0104

Default Re: LCA torque specs for shocks? (TypeSH)

must be nice to have that much time to waste on something so useless.... and torqueing the brakes... hmm i dont think the factories even do that so that kinda makes you anial for perfection when it is useless to be perfect ...learn how to use your tools and you wint need a torque wrench to do it ....

<laughing>do you torque your oil drain plug too?? </ends laughing>
Old 08-23-2003, 01:16 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stripped Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">must be nice to have that much time to waste on something so useless.... and torqueing the brakes... hmm i dont think the factories even do that so that kinda makes you anial for perfection when it is useless to be perfect ...learn how to use your tools and you wint need a torque wrench to do it ....

&lt;laughing&gt;do you torque your oil drain plug too?? &lt;/ends laughing&gt; </TD></TR></TABLE>

i torque my drain plug... and almost everything else. it takes me a WHOLE minute to look up the spec and set my torque wrench.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:37 AM
99-0104

Default Re: LCA torque specs for shocks? (TypeSH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TypeSH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i torque my drain plug... and almost everything else. it takes me a WHOLE minute to look up the spec and set my torque wrench.</TD></TR></TABLE>

gay ... so very gay .........

so many n00b mechanics on this board that think "i am doing a better job then anyone else because i torque everything to spec".....

how about the oil filler cap you torque that too???

or how about the gas cap when you fill up do you use a torque wrench on it too??? you do want to get it right or else it may not run right...

my point here is think about how anial your being it isnt doing you any good just learn to turn a wrench and you will save yourself a ton of time
Old 08-23-2003, 08:38 AM

All I can say is you seem to be very cocky and think you are the best mechanic out there. All I have to say is I have seen alot of Aircraft mechanics just like you who think they know everything and other mechanics that have been doing this type of thing for many many years and have more experience don't know what they are talking about. Most of the time these people like yourself do alot of hammering and banging to put stuff together and end up messing things up even more. Another thing don't you talk about my tools. So anyways I am not going to waste your time or mine anymore, because I am dealing with the kind off people I don't like to deal with. Good day sir.
Old 08-23-2003, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stripped Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so many n00b mechanics on this board that think "i am doing a better job then anyone else because i torque everything to spec".....

or how about the gas cap when you fill up do you use a torque wrench on it too??? you do want to get it right or else it may not run right...

my point here is think about how anial your being it isnt doing you any good just learn to turn a wrench and you will save yourself a ton of time </TD></TR></TABLE>

Calling him "gay" is pretty "ghey" in itself. I think that if you are going to do something, do it right. The fact that this man takes the time to torque everything to spec shows he has a lot of appreciation for the job. Just because a dealership doesnt torqe everything down properly doesnt mean that it shouldnt be done. Most dealerships just want the cars in and out with as little complaint as possible. Thats why many people choose to work on their own cars with their own tools, i know i do.

sorry just my 2

Old 08-23-2003, 11:19 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stripped Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

my point here is think about how anial your being it isnt doing you any good just learn to turn a wrench and you will save yourself a ton of time </TD></TR></TABLE>

well you can work on your car your way and i will work on mine the way I like to.

the guy wanted the torque specs and I gave it to him, end of the discussion for the thread.
Old 08-24-2003, 02:10 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stripped Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">must be nice to have that much time to waste on something so useless.... and torqueing the brakes... hmm i dont think the factories even do that so that kinda makes you anial for perfection when it is useless to be perfect ...learn how to use your tools and you wint need a torque wrench to do it .... </TD></TR></TABLE>

must be nice to have that much time to waste on repeatedly critiquing this guy...
Old 12-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LCA torque specs for shocks?

The guy asked a question everybody does things different no need to be a cocky douchbag stripped honda!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by cranker
The guy asked a question everybody does things different no need to be a cocky douchbag stripped honda!!!
You do realize this thread is SEVEN YEARS OLD? Thanks for teh lulz in a pointless thread.

Originally Posted by Stripped Honda
if your really going to torque this you really are a mechanic noob.... i very rarely use my torque wrench .. only for things such as head bolts or main bearing caps stuff like that .... if you think the dealerships torque these things your wrong... just make them tight and youll be fine
LMAO!