Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Hey, New to Honda-Tech, Looking at Accords

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey, New to Honda-Tech, Looking at Accords

Hey everyone.
I'm 17, and right now I drive a white 95' Honda Odysey (with a VERY awsome sound system) Just as an intro to myself, I have always liked cars alot and have a good understanding of them. My friends and I have installed my sound system, taking out the door panals and such to install speakers. I know most of the car parts in an engine thanks to my dad who has rebuilt an engine for his first car (but has forgotton alot). But, I am still a n00b proboly and I'm no where near the technical expertise of the users on here, but I hope after lots of research, I can learn quite alot about cars in general. My experiance with tweaking things in general is my computer. I build them from the ground-up, overclocking them, tweaking them, and doing everythin to get the best performance out of them.

I'm saving up for a car right now, and figure that a 95' Accord (manual 2-door) would be the best price-performance ratio. I've been doing alot of reasearch on cars and parts for I want to mod my car just with some performance parts but not anything like 1,000's of dolars on stupid stuff that does nothing for the car except make it obnoxious (like most people in my town do). What would be the best model to buy that would allow me not to switch the engine out to an H22 or do anything extreame? I'm mostly thinking about a good performance muffler (not just a loud lawn-mower one), a cold air intake, and a few other stuff. What model would be the best?

Btw, sorry if I sound like such a n00b, but i'd really like to be educated about these things instead of being an ignorant *****.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hey, New to Honda-Tech, Looking at Accords (Satummoo)

welcome aboard..

HT is definitely a lifestyle. be prepared

Old 07-05-2004, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Hey, New to Honda-Tech, Looking at Accords (bagged93accord)

...and this one time at band camp.....

Old 07-05-2004, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hey, New to Honda-Tech, Looking at Accords (jwogen1)

welcome to H-T.

you have definitely picked the right year, that gen is IMO the best there is. you are definitely gonna want to get the manual. however, i will tell you this: if getting your car really fast is the goal, an accord is not your best choice, because to get big performance you have to spend big money. however, if a fun car is your goal, youve picked the right one. a little suspension work and some bolt ons and you have a fun little daily driver.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Hey, New to Honda-Tech, Looking at Accords (propwdialogue)

accords might not be the fastests cars around, or even the fastest hondas, but i like mine because of the mix between speed and comfort.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:19 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hey, New to Honda-Tech, Looking at Accords (klutch44)

you could always buy the car to suit your performance needs along with the price...say, look for an accord with a blown motor (as they are usually only around 1000 bucks) and spend the rest on an h22 or something like that...i am on my second accord now, and bought it with high milleage just because i knew the engine was going to be replaced shortly after...anyways, thats just one aspect of it...
Old 07-06-2004, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hey, New to Honda-Tech, Looking at Accords (Nick H)

ya, I decided on the accord, b/c the car would be cheaper then a prelude in terms of price and insurance.

Maybe going with a blown engine would be the best and buying an H22, but I have no idea how to install a new engine or most of the parts since they require professional instalation. I hear the engine cost 1300 and instalation would be proboly 500$. And chances are, if the engine is blown, the car would not be well-taken care of, so it'd be alot of parts to buy for it.

But as most said, I'm looking for a fast, fun car, but i'm not looking into spending like 5k on performance parts or anythin like that. So maybe just a normal engine with performance parts would be the best? or would buying a blown engine would be cheaper and better in the long run?
Old 07-06-2004, 10:00 AM

buy an high mileage 5th gen lx coupe in good condition, get the h, put the ex wheels on it, add some bolt ons
Old 07-06-2004, 10:26 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I loved my 95 EX Sedan. I would recommend the EX trim level because of the extras it provides. I also like the fact that it came with rear disc brakes. A few choice mod to the suspension and it will handle quite well. I also like the EX trim level because it came with the F22B1 motor. I think this motor is a good motor to build if you don't want to swap in a H22A. The Accord is a nice daily driver. Even with some engine a suspension mod this car can still remain comfortable to drive on a day to day basis. The Accord is a fun car.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:51 AM

I enjoy my 95 EX 4dr sedan. It's a great car, been very reliable with 113k miles. Granted I've had to replace the usual things such as master brake cylinder, battery, steering pump, and a ball joint or two but other than that it's tight tight tight
I've decided to upgrade a few things to keep the excitement going: new Brembo slotted front rotors and AEM pads, AEM CAI, PIAA bulbs. Next is H&R OE springs, Koni yellows, then 17x7 wheels and tire upgrade. That will be it and should make things nice nice for another 100k.