ESP.net Accord Traction Bar System VS Knock Off China/ Over Sea Bar

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ESP.net Accord Traction Bar System VS Knock Off China/ Over Sea Bar

www.ExplicitSpeedPerformance.net
Explicit Speed Performance

I thought it was about time for me to do a quick write up. For those who don't know a Company in China is producing a knock off of our Traction Bar Systems. It has been seen mainly on Ebay. Pictured Below. They have been out for about a year now.

I have had numerous customers coming to us about broken parts from from the welds breaking, causing serious damage, heim joints failing miserably to bolts/hardware breaking. Leaving them with a damaged car from the wheel letting go and on the side of the road helpless. We had no record of them at all said were purchased on Ebay without our logo on them.

Here is why these knock offs are really pieces of junk: I had personally purchased one to experience this mess of a bar.

- The quality of steel material that is from China is not up to our USA standards
- The thickness of each steel piece is a lot thinner then ours
- The quality of the welding material is definitely not up to USA standards which is very strict.
- The quality of the welds is something I would expect from a first timer. There are plenty of tricks in order to make the welds penetrate the best that we do. Without that, it will fail.
- The quality of Heim joints is something that will fail very quickly.
- The quality and grade of hardware is no where near our 10.9 or grade 12
- They come painted which will chip very easily ours is powder coated
- They don’t offer a Front Torque Mount Kit

Other tips the bar is not ours. We don’t sell our products on ebay. If we do it will say Explicit Speed Performance.

The Traction Bar System is a main part of your suspension which keeps your wheels centered, Purchasing a cheap knock off not only will cause damage to your car, It may result in the death of you or others out on the road/track.

You will by far be spending more on replacement parts for this knock off bar. Not to mention when it does fail not if, when, it may cost you severe damage to your car and you.

My question to you is your life worth a couple of dollars?

- John ESP

The Real Deal:

Our High Quality Penetrating ESP welds:

Old 05-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ESP.net Accord Traction Bar System VS Knock Off China/ Over Sea Bar

Figured this is as good of place as any to post.

I bought some ESP traction bars and replacement mounts both for my CD5 4cyl 5 speed accord. I just installed everything while the car was on jackstands waiting on new drag radials.

ESP's traction bar setup w/ front mount and motor mounts are very nice. I am VERY pleased, especially with the traction bar setup... the amount of added clearance was amazingly better. Not to mention the piece is very stout, fit well, and is definately solid feeling thus far. With my 3" downpipe, I have a ton more room compared to with the stock radius rod/ crossmember setup it was a snug fit.

Mounts were also a very nice improvement, did not add any more noticeable vibration than I already had with urethane inserts/ urethane filled mounts. The smaller size of these mounts, cleaner look, and much better inserts on these were worth the upgrade.

The powder coated black finish is nice and durable too. I will have to take some pictures of it on the car but just wanted to say dont buy the junk off ebay... talk to them at ESP direct and get the real deal if you need traction bars or mounts. Very very quick response, never ignored an email, and gave realistic time line on shipment which was met.

ESP... Chinese knock-off...

EDIT: These are about the only guys supporting us Accords... so we should support them by not buying through these ebay sellers peddling garbage knock off bars!!!