Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

body panel removal (for paintjob) question and speaker replacement question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 09:50 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default body panel removal (for paintjob) question and speaker replacement question.

dont know how to do much to my accord except oilchange (i still mess up sometimes) and brake pad changing (scared now cuz i heard you have to do something to the brake drum)

Anyways, my questions regard audio and panel removal for my accord ex coupe 2001 sixth gen.

1.) how do you remove the back right quarter pannel (i think thats what im trying to remove) I worked as a house painter a while back, and i was gonna sand down some scratches and try using an air brush or spray to paint over the scratches. no money to get an actual paint job.... good idea or bad idea? im pretty good with air brushes for molding on houses... my goal isnt to get perfectly level paint thickness, jus no more white and no more rust.

2.) i got some 250v speakers, and got em installed cuz i couldnt do it. but sound only comes out of one side. when i got them installed, it was just the left, and then they did something, and sound seemed to come out both, but now its only the right. is that due to power levels for my oem speakers compared to the new pioneer speakers? the speakers are like 3 way component 250 volt speakers i think.

any help regarding the two subjects would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance
Old 07-22-2006, 09:53 PM
New User

Default Re: body panel removal (for paintjob) question and speaker replacement question. (DeregginOut)

by the way, do pioneers jus suck? i thought the volt diff would make the sound come out quieter, not suck up all the juice from the wires.. i think im in over my head
Old 07-23-2006, 11:20 AM
New User

Default Re: body panel removal (for paintjob) question and speaker replacement question. (DeregginOut)

no love for the hub?
Old 07-23-2006, 11:55 AM

ummmm.....you are tryin to remove your back right quarter panel??? !!! ????

for speaker replacement?
Old 07-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Tech-Nics)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tech-Nics &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ummmm.....you are tryin to remove your back right quarter panel??? !!! ????

for speaker replacement?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, he said he wanted to paint the rear quarter panel, and then he asked a separate question about his speakers.

DeregginOut,
The rear quarter panel cannot be removed without cutting the panel, and welding it back in. You will need to sand and paint while on the car.

As for your speaker problem, it is most likely a wiring problem. BTW, it's 250w (watts).
Old 07-23-2006, 02:08 PM

oh...sorry man...my mistake didnt look at the title good.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:34 PM
New User

Default Re: (Tech-Nics)

okay thanks you guys.. sounds good!