Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

Offical eH squad list.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Offical eH squad list.

Originally Posted by Egezzy
Just do like Avijit, get it done, tear it apart, and then build a Harley!!
I tried my hand at riding a harley this past year, it is not my thing mainly because I laid it down.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

As per requested here is a pic of my new hatch on the day I bought it. I had to drive 9 hrs total to get this thing. But seeing as it had no real body damage, no rust, and original owner I thought it was worth it. Barn find!

Old 04-15-2014, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look like the right candidate! What do you want it to be?
Old 04-15-2014, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SHG_Felliphe
Look like the right candidate! What do you want it to be?
That's a tough question to answer. I don't believe I can classify my direction, all I can do is use it as a canvas for what I have envisioned. But yes it will be tracked/auto-x'd.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The body looks real good! No rust is always a big plus.

Here's what came in the mail yesterday. Also got a 24mm ASR sway bar with spherical end links I'm picking up off a buddy of mine sometime within the next couple of weeks.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hatchy69
The body looks real good! No rust is always a big plus.

Here's what came in the mail yesterday. Also got a 24mm ASR sway bar with spherical end links I'm picking up off a buddy of mine sometime within the next couple of weeks.

Nice. Suspension is the next (technically first) big thing on my list. Im probably gonna follow suit with the ASR setup in the rear, gotta find ITR style F7 lcas.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:03 AM
Spongebrad Squarepants

I have some "upgrades" going on myself. I'm ready to get back in action!

Old 04-17-2014, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I picked up a few goodies to help myself turn a bit better...

ls teggy brake swap front and rear, rear ls sway bar, also snagged a 15/16ths master off a civic ex at the junkyard need to find a prop valve still.

also ordered some energy suspension rear trailing arm bushings, need to order the master set and sway bar end links...once I get used to the tighter suspension and sway bar I might play around with a bigger bar, per a lot of recommendations I skipped getting a front sway bar....this is going to be a huge improvement over the old tired stock cx stuff

also snagged some 15x6.5 enkei rsp-2's with some pretty good looking 205/50zr15 nitto nt01's for a track set

still need to order camber kits and the master bushing set, hawk hp+'s, hopefully find the prop otherwise I guess I will have longer brake pedal travel ...toss it all on and then go have some fun!

excited for #gridlife ! signed up for the full weekend hpde at gingerman!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 06:51 AM
Spongebrad Squarepants

Originally Posted by scottdh20
nitto nt01's for a track set

excited for #gridlife ! signed up for the full weekend hpde at gingerman!!!
Have you done in DEs yet? If not, NT01s might be "too much" tire. It will basically hide all mistakes. Super good tire though, my favorite one to date.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

problem is more so powering out of corners and breaking traction on cheap tires. remember on waste gate I'm at about 300whp. 2-3rd rips the street tires off in a strait line...that and my current tires (proxie fz4)are kinda done. 3-4/32 so they aren't lasting a weekend. so if I'm buying a set might aswell do it right. plus I got the rims/tires cheaper than a set of tires alone

and no gridlife will be my first hpde, but I do also autoX my car. and I plan to do several more this year as well as a few open track days.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

problem is more so powering out of corners and breaking traction on cheap tires. remember on waste gate I'm at about 300whp. 2-3rd rips the street tires off in a strait line...that and my current tires (proxie fz4)are kinda done. 3-4/32 so they aren't lasting a weekend. so if I'm buying a set might aswell do it right. plus I got the rims/tires cheaper than a set of tires alone

and no gridlife will be my first hpde, but I do also autoX my car. and I plan to do several more this year as well as a few open track days.
I agree with Brad, and you have a lot of power, be careful man. Things go awry quickly. Tracking on worn all seasons yeah absolutely not, not even if they were new, much less with 300whp. Get an Extreme Performance category tire ( Direzza ZII, RE11A, Rivals, etc).
Old 04-17-2014, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

rivals were the plan. then these popped up for a decent price...I paid $450 for rims and tires...I have 16s so basically I would have had to buy new rims and tires ($1100.00) or for less than half I ended up with these. from the research h I did before jumping on these the tires are great down to the cords, don't heat cycle out, and once the tread is gone your only at about 1/2 the usable tread.

that being said these look to be good, guy said they had 300 miles on them with iirc 2 autoX events....

also contemplating picking up some 75% used kuhmo v710's they guy said they usually heat cycle out before the tread is gone but they have tons of life left... he only wanted $250 I was hoping to low ball him down to the 150-175 range
Old 04-18-2014, 06:11 AM
Spongebrad Squarepants

problem is more so powering out of corners and breaking traction on cheap tires. remember on waste gate I'm at about 300whp.

That "problem" is a great opportunity to learn. My first DE was in my sedan, all stock, nothing removed, just RBF600, HP+s, and Azenis 615s. I didn't have acceleration issues, but I did lock the tires up and I also got a soft pedal. Having acceleration issues will only make you better in the long run by learning how to control the wheel spin. My number one priority is learning and making myself better before making the car better. If I was in your boat, I'd also worry about cooling the engine. I know several people with boosted cars, non-OE variety, that have heat related issues almost all of the time.

Be careful, autox and track traits are totally different. "Fast" hands do well for you in autox and "smooth" hands do you good on the track.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:13 AM
Spongebrad Squarepants

Also, picking up V710s would probably be the worst idea yet. At least the NT01s would offer some break away warning. Your DOT slick type tire doesn't give much of such warning.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

gotcha...then I will stay clear of those...tax's hit me hard this year and I had to pay back substaintially more than I had planned so it dug into what I had set aside and planned to spend on the car. so these were my cheapest/best option...short of going to a 205/50r16 in the zII which I worried might just be too tall(and more money for that matter)

also very worried about cooling, it started getting hot while hot lapping at the autoX so that does need to be addressed. I need to get a turbo blanket, manifold and downpipe are wrapped already....will be running some water wetter and maybe add some holes for additional radiator flow. hood is already vented. and if I can swing it some reflect a gold the **** out of everything

also I almost wish I had a stock car to go out in...lol...

if it proves too much I may pop the wastegates off and change out springs to 10 or 4 psi springs only...4psi+7.5:1 compression...lol, but hey if its what I got to do, problem will be turbo is over the surge line like that...10 psi might be safer on the snail

also may relocate my battery again...lol thinking the current location, although better for drag racing may not be bet up in the front bumper/fender area
Old 04-18-2014, 09:36 AM
Spongebrad Squarepants

Address the heat issue because it will become a factor. Most of my sessions in the sedan were heat full blast and coming in early. The sustained "stress" on the car is not even close when comparing DEs and autocross.

Also, don't worry about the battery. Get the car squared away mechincally, that's what matters. Weight placement isn't really a factor this early in the ball game. You will and should notice a handling difference if your instructor signs you off and you are at it solo. Listen to your instructor, too, most will be excellent given the situation. I don't know if I will be up there or not, but Chris is pretty lax when it comes to his events just don't try to take advantage of it.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well damn...make it up here and be my instructor

yeah do you have any tips for cooling? does the hood tilt work and would it be beneficial on a vented hood? I know it changes the high/low pressure under hood as far as airflow goes. does cutting extra holes in my front bumper on the radiator side help?

another big downfall for me is im still open diff

also what is the app you guys use that give you the track map and times based off gps readings
Old 04-18-2014, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Mine in current form. Gotta get a move on this...

Old 04-18-2014, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

also what is the app you guys use that give you the track map and times based off gps readings
Harry's Lap Timer Rookie Edition. You don't need the fancier versions. I'm thinking you should postpone the track day until the car is solid and you have piece in mind with how it's all working together. Do you have a full core radiator?
Old 04-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

half core (dual core, may up it to a triple core)...full core doesn't fit

car will be ready...collecting parts and the track day is in a couple months. trying to get all the suspension squared away, bushings all replaced, brake parts all ordered and all parts collected before I swap it all out in one big swoop.

but iff you look at the space between the top of the fmic and the core support I was thinking of adding speed holes of some sort they for more airflow to the radiator...radiator also has a shroud
Old 04-19-2014, 06:43 AM
Spongebrad Squarepants

yeah do you have any tips for cooling? does the hood tilt work and would it be beneficial on a vented hood? I know it changes the high/low pressure under hood as far as airflow goes. does cutting extra holes in my front bumper on the radiator side help?

another big downfall for me is im still open diff

Adam has done a lot to fight heat issues as you can see, yet the car still has it's issues. Preventative maintenance is the best way to fight it, so come prepared. haha.

You're going about this all wrong. I get the mindset, I was that guy, too. I went with an open diff, single overhead VTEC motor that was stock, and the car had almost 200k on it and the motor. I thought the weekend would "suck", but it didn't. I learned that it is the driver and not the car. It is easy to make your car better, you just have to spend a few bucks. But, to make yourself better, you have to break a lot of bad habits learned on the street and grow a pair while being aware. That first event, I passed everything in my group except a 240SX with a RB26/huge single turbo set up. The Nissan never passed me either, so learn yourself and the car dynamics because that is something that you can apply to any car that you get in.

Don't worry about your times, you need to worry about my last sentence; the balance of the car and yourself. Harry's Lap Timer was also off by .5+ per lap when ran with a Solo. But, again, at this point, your times don't matter. Go out and peak your senses while having fun!
Old 04-20-2014, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm new to this. and to be honest if I had a stock civic I would rather drive that than this. I wish I started when the car was young and didn't have so much done to it. but I have what I have and if I'm going to get into it, I have to work with it. I have other personal goals with the car, I want to keep the car a all around performer. so I still want the power for drag racing and nimble enough to autos.

I know its asking a lot from the car but I'm not trying to be the fastest in any of the racing I do, but I do want to be compedative.

I have a lot to learn when it comes to hpde's, trust me I'm aware. the whole thing scares me a bit to be honest, but I'm using that fear to drive myself to address weaknesses in the car and when on the track myself. whether it helps or not I have watch about 20hr worth of in car racing videos mostly at ginger man. looking at the lines, looking at how they drive, and so one. I have also read some hpde 101 info on flags, hand signals, lines, apex and such. its a lot to take in. the experienced driver knows this all as secondary info, you worry about driving....the beginner has a lot to take in, I'm trying to absorb enough info now that I hopefully pick it up a bit quicker

as far as the car I took my drag car and am changing out what needs to to be safe on a road course, some stuff like tires may be overboard, I get that. maybe road racing is different but tires have always been one of the first mods I make. at 170whp I had slicks at the track running 13s with a d15b7. I was running 15s on street tires.

basically I could have gotten the federal rsr tires which seem to be big in the drift world, what I could find for road racing and autos is that they fall off hard when overheated or pushed to hard. otherwise I needed a new set of rims (15") and then the tire options are endless. when I burn through these tires I will most likely pick up a set of rivals to replace them

sorry for the long rant, don't think I am ignoring your advice or just saying whatever. I am taking in tons of info right now. you are being extremely helpful and I thank you for that. if it was in the budget I would swap tires and keep those for when I have a bit more experience.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

eBay polyurethene spoon lip FTW!!!!

fitment = very good
styling =very good (I got the one that does not come into the bumper opening like the orig)
durability test= past with flying colors....literally.

went to harbor freight to grab some china tools to fix my trailer. a new 2" coupler to be exact.

on my merry way home, running threw the gears I hear a slight scraping sound over my jams....turn down radio, and I hear nothing....hmmmm weird. just as I go to put my music back jamming mode....clunk, BOM, Crack....thud thud......I look in my rearview and there goes my lip dancing down the freeway at 70mph. I quickly hit the brakes and pull off onto the shoulder.... walk what seems to be about a quarter mile. pic up my lip which looks mangled....pop it back I to shape and boom....good as new....well except for some missing paint and some light scrachs that the paint will cover.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hatchy69
Nice to see all the OG's back

haha tell me about it. looks like everyone IS making a come back at around the same time haha. The boyfriend and I have run across some motor issues with this beauty. Has a stock zc in it. May be looking at a blown head gasket thanks to Jeff's over the phone diagnoses the other night. But once we take care of that we look forward to cruising town and dippin to meets now that he's able to drive again (we were in a really bad car accident in January, his friend was driving and lost control of his srt-10 and we rolled a couple of times and he shattered his pelvis, broke his femur at the joint, broke his tibia and fibula all down his left side...ouch I know). Hopefully we can get this thing going. Car doesn't look clean with clouds of white smoke coming out of the tail haha. Oh and again if anyone can get their hands on a polished es oval exhaust let me know.!

sorry for the crappy camera phone pic.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ouch. Glad to see you two are back @ it.

Quick Reply: Offical eH squad list.