Originally Posted by Khevin
I want a shifter setup like yours!
Like this for your new coupe right?

What shift lever will you be using?
Old 07-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Offical eH squad list.

Brapmobile rolling "like a big shot" yeah buddy! You could probably benefit from some stiffer springs.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

@gabe yes. Then I assume I would get a FIT boot and throw it on there?
Old 07-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Spongebrad Squarepants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so, story time, I guess.

Friday, I work 730-1230, so I've been up since 545. I leave the house and get gas, so I "hit" the road at 145ish. Test and Tune starts at 5, holy crap, this will be close. I make my was north and about an hour and a half in, traffic jam, FOREVER. So, now I am thinking otherwise about the Test and Tune, money, etc. I arrive there, right around 545, and am still debating to do it or not. I start unpacking and swapping wheels. I decide to go for it, I will run with Novice to get at least 2 sessions in, 740p and 840p.

My main reason to run was that I never am on track after 6p, so I want the feedback. I go out and feel like blah, I am at the apex wondering how I got there, etc. Not a good place to be. The track had zero grip, it was a mess. So, first session, I pick it up a bit and have an off. The car kicks and I get into the throttle, it over corrects, WHAT THE CRAP. So, I lift to try and "let it kick back", which it does. Ok, lets try the throttle, again, same thing. Mind you, this whole time, I am working the wheel, and the process is only seconds long, and yes, that is the mental process, it is slow motion. After two tries, no reason to fight it, so I take it straight off. The second session, I decide to "slow" it down, and it works, for a bit. I start getting comfortable, again. So, I pick it up, bad idea. I turn into t11, like normal, a bit of trailbrake, etc. It starts to slide, fine, this is "normal", I add some counter steer, then, BOOM, it is gone! FOOOUUUURRRR. I am in the sand trap!

The night went kind of long, making up time with track buddies, etc. We ate with a group in downtown South Haven, so we got back to the hotel around 1130. Then, we hit up Walmart for the weekend, luckily it was right next door. lol. We don't go lights out until about 130 and I wake up at 430 due to a stuffed nose that is running, as well. I blow my nose 450394534932 times and it is still hard to breathe. I mess with the A/C unit, etc, and try everything possible to go back to sleep. 6am rolls around, screw it, now, I am going to get breakfast. The lady working, it was her first day to open. Waffle mix machine says, "Press Here", hmmm, what am I pressing, oh well, #press, nothing. Ok, what the, the cap is still on, maybe take the cap off, boom, all over my hand. OH, HERE WE GO, AGAIN!!!

Saturday at the track starts off super busy. Driver's meeting, instructor's meeting, our session, one session break, ride with a intermediate 1 student, hope to not get an intermediate student, yes, another break, lol, then, my beginner student. Always busy, and now I am running on 3 hours of sleep after an extremely "long" day. I don't really care at this point, I am just wanting to get laps in. A lot of people are asking for rides, no better time, than when you don't give a crap about pushing it. I took someone out in 3 sessions and the one I didn't was supposed to be Brap and Dil Battle pt. 2. We get to the flag stand and Chrissy isn't working, so the person sends us out one at a time. So, I have to make it worth it, anyway. I start pushing pretty well, still taking it easy on a few corners. Threshold braking in T1,3,11 was sketchy. The car felt like it was on marbles, then you would turn in and boom, grip! But, braking without any feel, s u c k s!!!!! My student was super good at situational awareness, etc, but lacked a ton of pace. Oh, well, he has a great base to build upon. Super amazed at how well he did all the small things that most beginners don't!

Saturday night, we hang out, I swap wheels, side to side, and get the car ready for Sunday. I go get gas, have someone pull out in front of me. The speed limit is 55, I am going like 58, I slow down to like 32, I think it was. WHAT THE CRAP ARE YOU DOING. They don't speed up, I ride them, they crap themselves. They start to pull over into the road, ok, so, they are turning, guess not. Mind you, they are 75% on the shoulder, and we are coming over a hill, plus I am tired of driving 35. So, I go to pass, as I go, they start to pull back "onto" the road. ahaha. WHAT!?!! Soon as I get to the crest of the hill, we are side by side, and there is a car coming. Luckily, that car was paying attention because I was 2 foot on their side. Most of us stay to eat and make ruckus at the raffle, I actually won something, a first at WMHM. We go back to the hotel to swim, it is 1020pmish, and we were told that the pool closed at 11pm. So, we run in and change, and make it to the pool by 1030pm. There is a couple moms with their daugthers and then, there was the TH Motorsports guys. The moms tell us "they are closing in 5 minutes" and at first I thought everyone was trying to be funny. Nope, no joke, the owners were basically pushing us out. They actually took the TH Motorsports' guy's towels as ransom, I guess, pretty crappy service. We played Marco YOLO, for a minute, so that was funny. And, I relaxed in the hot tub for a few. Needless to say, it was 1039pm when we walked into the room.

I wanted to get to bed, early, after the past couple days. Well, I am in bed, eyes closed, lights out, etc. I forgot to mention, a co-worker paid for most of an old hatch of mine, like 5 years ago. It has sat next to my garage for the whole time frame. He had a couple people who wanted to buy it, but I don't trust random people, so I told him that no one was coming over to look at it, and that he could tow it to his house for people to look at it. Anyways, Friday, he calls and says that this one guy wanted to buy it, again, and that he would have it towed on Sunday. Ok, so after swimming, I turn my phone on and I have a voicemail from him. He wants to get it, that night. haha. What! I call him and I express some displeasure about a tow truck showing up after 11pm. Anyways, he calls and asks if I want anything out of it, etc. So, at this point, I am assuming that he is waiting to meet the tow truck driver. I am on the process of going back to sleep. Then, Brandy calls at midnight, her parents are moving, so she has been helping them, all day. She says "They towed Betsy(my daily driver's name), at first, I thought your car was stolen, then it hit me." "WAAAIT, WHHAT!!??" "Yeah, the four door is gone!!!" "Holy crap, what the ****, you have got to be ****ting me. Son of a *****!!!!!!!!" So, I call him, super pissed. Brandy texts me and says Bailynn wants to talk to me, yes, finally, something to cheer me up. So, I call Brandy's phone and she answers. We talk for a bit, then her 2 year old side kicks in and she is on to the next thing. lol. My buddy that I was staying with at the hotel actually was joking on Sunday about it to everyone. "I have never heard him say the F words sooo many times, in my life, then he talks to his daughter and he is calm and collected. Soon as she is off the phone, boom, back to F bombs." haha. I call him, again, just to make sure he knows the displeasure, at this point. Then, FINALLY, Brandy calls back at like 1am, and says the car is back. Ok, good, etc. Then it hits me, I am almost 5 hours away and some random tow truck dude is at the house. So, I call her, just to be on the phone. She is beyond pissed, ripping into this guy, etc. Anyway, sedan is back, old hatch it gone. I am up until 2am talking to her and not asleep until at least 230am. I set my alarm, late to get some more sleep, at 640. So, I get 4 hours of sleep and I wake up with the bubble guts. Perfect!

Sunday is starting almost as well as Saturday. Anyways, similiar story on Sunday. Driver's meeting, get the car warmed up and check everything. I run the session and try to "loosen" up. I feel surprisingly well, besides the bubble guts. I don't go out with my student in the first session. I have a buddy, who was one of the floating instructors, go out with him. I crapped like 7 times before noon. YOLO! Anyways, I start feeling better, and the rest of the day is pretty uneventful. I tell everyone bye and hit the road. I am about an hour in and I am out of it. I stop at the first Subway that I come to, which I have ate at before. I look down at my phone, it is at less than 10%, I have almost 3 hours to get home, great. So, I grab a Red Bull and my charger, hoping to find a outlet that I can sit by. No outlets, but the Red Bull did help some. I just turned my phone off and got gas. I meant to get my Ipod out, but forgot, so I drove the whole way with just the breeze as noise. I needed the music to get me pumped. Oh well, I made it home around 10pm.

I got the stuff out of the car that I needed. I uploaded the videos and the pictures to my laptop. I finally make it to bed around 1130 and go figure, at some point, Bai gets in bed with us. She is up at 4am because she fell asleep at 630pm, awesome. I finish off the bubble guts and take a shower. After everything is said and done, mind you, she wants me to stay up and watch tv with her. Brandy says to go back to bed, so I sleep from 515 to 615 and go to work.

A super long weekend, nerves were tested, but I made it through. WMHM is always a blast, I'm sure Avijit will have a great time at IA. haha. Making new friends and seeing old ones is great, we sure did hoon it up at the raffle. One of the LoveFab guys was like "I'm out of here, I don't people to think that it is me making all this noise." haha. Anyways, that is enough, for now.

New video, uploaded.
https://vimeo.com/46302465
Old 07-24-2012, 10:33 AM
Spongebrad Squarepants

Originally Posted by SHG_Felliphe
Brapmobile rolling "like a big shot" yeah buddy! You could probably benefit from some stiffer springs.
Oh, great, yeah, you are right. You are the set up master, I forgot, thanks for playing, hit up Forza and let me know when your thumbs get tired. Have you heard of mechanical grip? Have you driven a car on track? Come on, man, really?! I'll worry about my set up, you worry about getting on track!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

@gabe yes. Then I assume I would get a FIT boot and throw it on there?
OH...you want a fit boot? Problem with that is the tolerance of the hole to shift lever is very minimal and that would require a lot of test-fitting on my part. Would be very difficult to do 1800 miles apart. I'd really like to say I can...but don't feel comfortable making it without the actual car.

Originally Posted by Egezzy
Oh, great, yeah, you are right. You are the set up master, I forgot, thanks for playing, hit up Forza and let me know when your thumbs get tired. Have you heard of mechanical grip? Have you driven a car on track? Come on, man, really?! I'll worry about my set up, you worry about getting on track!
Bubble Guts
Old 07-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

"They towed Betsy(my daily driver's name)
Lol I heard about this event of epic proportion. I dont blame you for not wanting Jesse over there.

YOLO!

A super long weekend, nerves were tested, but I made it through. WMHM is always a blast, I'm sure Avijit will have a great time at IA. haha. Making new friends and seeing old ones is great, we sure did hoon it up at the raffle. One of the LoveFab guys was like "I'm out of here, I don't people to think that it is me making all this noise." haha. Anyways, that is enough, for now.
I wish I wasnt goin to IA. I would be headed to get my car tuned!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Spongebrad Squarepants

^
Do you not blame me for not wanting to punch Kyle's nose back through his face?!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No big deal Gabe I'll just ship you my car
Old 07-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

And that's funny that they towed your 4 door brad.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

And someone get SHG_Faglip a bucket of water, he just got burned.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^
Do you not blame me for not wanting to punch Kyle's nose back through his face?!
Ehhh I doubt I would want to punch him in the nose, maybe just beat his *** verbally.

It may just have been a rush thing since he was tryin to get the hatch off your compound and get some quick dollars doing so. Im sure he didnt mean for all that other chaos to break loose.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No big deal Gabe I'll just ship you my car
Overnight that rascal. USPS
Old 07-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL.......................I was about to say something till I scrolled down and saw this. HE put on his star spec's and is now a Race car driver on the streets.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 4cylfeind
Ehhh I doubt I would want to punch him in the nose, maybe just beat his *** verbally.

It may just have been a rush thing since he was tryin to get the hatch off your compound and get some quick dollars doing so. Im sure he didnt mean for all that other chaos to break loose.
I would of been pissed off too. That's a big **** up.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:32 AM
Spongebrad Squarepants

Originally Posted by 4cylfeind

Well, saying "Maybe, tonight isn't going to work. Let's just deal with in the morning." or if you are going to let it happen, be there when the driver arrives.

http://youtu.be/fhRoqvTFKGc

Old 07-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Spongebrad Squarepants

Still waiting on Claudio's set up tech session.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You need buddy club n+ since its a SHG tradition. Also fill your mounts up with some of that 3M stuff.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You need buddy club n+ since its a SHG tradition. Also fill your mounts up with some of that 3M stuff.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Spongebrad Squarepants

lol.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You also for got to talk about mpg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brad you forgot to post your rate's in the right lingo. Kilometers not lbs. He only understand that.

On to the other subject. I'm trying to figure out where I want to start spring rate (lbs). I'm leaning toward's a 600rear/500front set-up. I should be able to get them next month. I can't deal with all this lean much longer.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Spongebrad Squarepants

Are we talking wheel rates or spring rates??! lol.

Quick Reply: Offical eH squad list.