Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

del Sol thread v 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (james p.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by james p. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm from Greece so I obviously have no idea what "hyphy" means. Why of all cars did they pick yours?

News like this causes me much anger. </TD></TR></TABLE>

hyphy is getting drunk or high off something and going crazy which includes dancing on cars, doing donuts, and being disrespectful in general... it had its roots in the the bay area in california... i parked in front of the house where the party was...easy target i guess
Old 03-18-2007, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (redasphalt)

morning ******!
Old 03-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohc95vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dang dre that sucks.. looks like its definatly going to need some frame time, and might need that drivers side upper rail replaced (becasue it's kinked) </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah it would be a lotttttttttt of work. Frame is certainly tweaked and that upper rail would definitely need to be replaced

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by soccerwuedo5 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
What's the verdict from you? Bend it all back into shape, or...? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Probably going to part it out and get something cheap for a month or two. I have to find a new job by may, so I don't want to get a car loan until I have a new job locked down. If I can find a crx/civic/del sol with a blown up motor I'll probably buy it since I already have nice suspension, del sol seats, and a good running motor.

I'm waiting to find out how much it will cost me to fix it all, but I'm not really sure if I want to spend ~ $2000 to get the thing fixed.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sucat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey Dre. did you have a support bar on the car when you hit the wall or no just wondering because if not then it seems they dont do that much.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep. It broke off.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by james p. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I was going to say it's easily fixable, but that bend worries me. Does insurance cover this?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't have collision or comp. With my driving record I already pay $150 a month with liability with good PIP and UMP @ the age of 23

Thought it was going to be easily fixable too until I took everything apart and saw how tweaked everything was
Old 03-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (sohc95vtec)

Holy **** Dre, that's brutal. Sorry to hear. Guess I won't be seeing you on the 31st huh.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (Pret-sol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pret-sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Holy **** Dre, that's brutal. Sorry to hear. Guess I won't be seeing you on the 31st huh. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You never know
Old 03-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (misanthropist)

w00t!
Old 03-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (solbrothers)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solbrothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'll be getting rid of my del sol shell today!! wOOt!!. and getting a 5.0 mustang on monday </TD></TR></TABLE>5.slow what?

Sucks to see you getting rid of it, especially for a car you're gonna have to throw a lot of money at to make it quick
Old 03-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solbrothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'll be getting rid of my del sol shell today!! wOOt!!. and getting a 5.0 mustang on monday </TD></TR></TABLE>

what ever floats your boat I guess. But you know you'll need to invest in a large rebel flag for the back, and a gunrack for the front for the redneck mobile right?

just supercharge that **** and it'll be fun
Old 03-18-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: (redasphalt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redasphalt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hyphy is getting drunk or high off something and going crazy which includes dancing on cars, doing donuts, and being disrespectful in general... it had its roots in the the bay area in california... i parked in front of the house where the party was...easy target i guess </TD></TR></TABLE>

That just made me even more angry. How f*cking lame.

Hang in there man - if you need help sourcing parts - we're all here to help you!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by misanthropist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't have collision or comp. With my driving record I already pay $150 a month with liability with good PIP and UMP @ the age of 23</TD></TR></TABLE>

Someone explain this in simple English please?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solbrothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'll be getting rid of my del sol shell today!! wOOt!!. and getting a 5.0 mustang on monday </TD></TR></TABLE>

Just give your H-T account to Dominic. Oh yeah... 'Stang-(NO)Tech.com is somewhere over there -&gt;

Old 03-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Someone explain this in simple English please?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by misanthropist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Don't have collision or comp. With my driving record I already pay $150 a month with liability with good PIP and UMP @ the age of 23
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Liability = I hit someone their car is covered
Collision = I hit someone or something my car is covered
Comprehensive = my car gets stolen it's covered
PIP = Personal injury protection. Regardless of whose fault, it's basically health insurance
UMP = Uninsured motorist protection, ie somone hits me without insurance my car is covered
Old 03-18-2007, 12:56 PM

Out of every

Default Re: (misanthropist)

liability hurts dude.. i don't do anything without full coverage, but then again i don't pay for my insurance.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Re: (misanthropist)

Oh in Greece it's different. You're obliged by law to have Liability, Comp., and PIP. There is no policy without those. Your policy here has to cover natural disasters and vandalism aswell. Only Terrorist attack is optional.

As for UMP, it doesn't exist as far as I know - the Uninsured driver goes straight to jail and is convicted with potential manslaughter automatically. That driver will automatically be sued to cover your damages by your insurance company.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:03 PM

Out of every

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by james p. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh in Greece it's different. You're obliged by law to have Liability, Comp., and PIP. There is no policy without those. Your policy here has to cover natural disasters and vandalism aswell. Only Terrorist attack is optional.

As for UMP, it doesn't exist as far as I know - the Uninsured driver goes straight to jail and is convicted with potential manslaughter automatically. That driver will automatically be sued to cover your damages by your insurance company. </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha.. damnn. greece don't play
Old 03-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (e gee two)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by e gee two &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">liability hurts dude.. i don't do anything without full coverage, but then again i don't pay for my insurance. </TD></TR></TABLE>
x2 thank god for parents and usaa

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by james p. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Only Terrorist attack is optional.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i know you're probably being completely serious but i LOL'd on that one

man this weekend was great, but now its time to come back to reality and write a 5 pg paper..
Old 03-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (afro sheen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by afro sheen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i know you're probably being completely serious but i LOL'd on that one </TD></TR></TABLE>

ME TOO... sad that insurance companies anywhere are offering **** like this
Old 03-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solbrothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
hahah yeah i know. but my brother and i have always wanted a 5.0. and also the fact that RWD is teh **** </TD></TR></TABLE>

That'll be fun man. Those are the fox body ones right? And you are correct. RWD&gt;*
Old 03-18-2007, 01:19 PM
HTBATRACER

Default Re: (ianae86)

if that picture doesnt scream redneck then I have no idea what does, and i live in indiana.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: (e gee two)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by e gee two &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hahaha.. damnn. greece don't play </TD></TR></TABLE>

You're better off killing people than driving without insurance. Trust me I've seen what happens in either case to people I know.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by afro sheen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know you're probably being completely serious but i LOL'd on that one </TD></TR></TABLE>

Greece had problems with Terrorists for over 25 years. Just no where near at the level the US is facing.
Read here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R...ember

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ianae86 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That'll be fun man. Those are the fox body ones right? And you are correct. RWD&gt;* </TD></TR></TABLE>

A good RWD yes, but 90% of them don't even have LSD's or the chassis to do the type of driving that would make RWD fun.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A good RWD yes, but 90% of them don't even have LSD's or the chassis to do the type of driving that would make RWD fun.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's what aftermarket parts are for ....still won't kick the hillbilly label though

speaking of aftermarket parts...I'll probally be getting a progress 22mm rear bar(probally won't have it installe @ eibach, but you never know
Old 03-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A good RWD yes, but 90% of them don't even have LSD's or the chassis to do the type of driving that would make RWD fun.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah as mentioned before, thats what aftermarket is before. We drive a heavy (for a two seater) front wheel drive car with more chassis flex then I care to elaborate on. I would like to at least drive a 5.0 at some point. I've seen some crazy fast ones

EDIT: I think I developed an appreciation for V8 domestics after riding in one of these:

A good friend was doing a full restore job on one and had it pretty far along before he moved down south(coincidence? ). That beast had no problem kicking the back end out from a standstill. I think it had a 455 in it. Don't really know my domestic engines.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've had respect for muscle cars ever since my uncle in NC(and yes he's a true redneck LOL) let me fire up and drive his 69 camaro weekend warrior(gutted from the front seats back, cage and DRs) with the 572 crate motor don't even remember what he was running in the 1/4 but I do remeber that **** was ridiculous to drive on his gravel drive way

damn ownage....
I'll ***** this one out since it's the best area of the paint and shows off the CF and RHs

Old 03-18-2007, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dang, that camaro sounds nuts
Old 03-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and im finally 20! One more to go...

Old 03-18-2007, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: (broketuner-Sol_Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-Sol_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn ownage....
I'll ***** this one out since it's the best area of the paint and shows off the CF and RHs

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn I want your wheels so bad
Old 03-18-2007, 04:07 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ianae86 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah as mentioned before, thats what aftermarket is before. We drive a heavy (for a two seater) front wheel drive car with more chassis flex then I care to elaborate on. I would like to at least drive a 5.0 at some point. I've seen some crazy fast ones </TD></TR></TABLE>

Aftermarket parts huh? Ian do you have any idea how much these "parts" that you speak of cost? Taking the average (no) Muscle car and turning it into a proper car takes quite a few shiny pennies.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DeadEnd9009 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and im finally 20! One more to go...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wish I was turning 20

Quick Reply: del Sol thread v 2.0!