Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

del Sol thread v 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: del Sol Owner's Club Thread v 2.0!

sorry to hear that jon

I must of tried to buy at least 2 or 3 ASR braces in the past and they all put them up for sale in thread on here, which I'm guessing means they want to sell and ship if necessary. After deals were made which was pretty much the asking price plus estimated shipping and wanted to send a payment, they were sold locally. Then why post them up and waste the time? I don't know but it sure does suck

Guess everything happens for a reason cause I was going to settle with a silver beat up one but just sucked it up and bought the gold.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by WrongWD
hey guys, check this bullshit out:

http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2587304

read through the thread.

cliffs: i agreed to buy them, didn't haggle over the price - paypaled him 40% of the money as a deposit, and arranged to pick them up tomorrow. he refunded me my money and said that somebody offered him a better price.

bullshit.
thats why no matter how good the deal i try not to deal on HT. i deal only locally or LA at the most over craigslist. ive never had a problem. i try to stay away from using paypal unless on Ebay or sumthing,even then i only order from LA/SD dealers.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

did a mild tuck the other day. nothing big, just got rid of the clump by the intake/headlights and by the CMS and PS.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B16DelSlo
thats why no matter how good the deal i try not to deal on HT. i deal only locally or LA at the most over craigslist. ive never had a problem. i try to stay away from using paypal unless on Ebay or sumthing,even then i only order from LA/SD dealers.
yeah i hear ya, but it was local, I just couldn't pick them up till the next day, so I wanted to secure it with a deposit.

oh well, i guess the moral of the story is pretty much everyone is a d-bag.

engine bay is looking nice. flip your brake booster though and you can get rid of most of that vacuum line
Old 06-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

engine bay is looking nice. flip your brake booster though and you can get rid of most of that vacuum line
cant i just run a new line with a different route?

yeah i hear ya, but it was local, I just couldn't pick them up till the next day, so I wanted to secure it with a deposit.

lol not everyone but most. haha
Old 06-15-2009, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vadimkag
ha ha I'm in havaii right now on my honeymoon. Sucks is I don't feel like married.
And it's hot in here.
What part of hawaii bro ? i was there a few months ago . im in orlando right now i cant wait to get home to my sol
Old 06-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

UPDATE OF MY CAR

Old 06-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no wonder no one bought your car lol j/k
i wonder if Noel will have the same luck selling his spoon sol

funny thing is i remember when you flipped yours and asked if you were a ricer haha. Recently when i upgraded my brakes along with the proper prop valve and 1" ITR MC and matching BB, I made sure it was flipped

would post a pic, before and after but I don't have any good ones

I also ditched the OEM hose for braided instead, less flex so its stiffer.

Also relocated the vacuum fitting on top of the manifold to the bottom so you can't see it and also because I shaved the top
Also had my buddy TIG weld a fitting on the bottom so I could use a AN fitting on the line so no more clamps. Will have him do the booster next time I take it off and have it painted at the same time. Or if I go with a boosterless setup like willwood I can just cap the fitting on the mani with an AN cap.

Kinda pointless w/o pics so I'll try and get some soon...
Old 06-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmmmm so i have these laying around my garage, and thought id see how they looked on my car (just a quick mock up)

?

Old 06-15-2009, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by sohc95vtec-t
hmmmm so i have these laying around my garage, and thought id see how they looked on my car (just a quick mock up)

?

IMO doesn't look all that bad.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not a super huge fan of them.

i am now a ricer though. after not only did i rotate my brake booster, but after 3 years with this del sol, i finally put on an aftermarket shift ****. (don't worry, i bought it with a gift certificate -- would i pay for something like that?)
Old 06-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B16DelSlo
cant i just run a new line with a different route?
if you flip it 180 degrees, you can see how much closer to the inlet on the manifold it places the nipple. then you just run 2 short pieces of hose with the check valve in between. much cleaner looking
Old 06-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by yESSSmAn
What part of hawaii bro ? i was there a few months ago . im in orlando right now i cant wait to get home to my sol
Honolulu, wakiki beach
Old 06-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What ya'll think of my sol? Pics up top.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Finally back to civilization, been in the middle of nowhere for the last week with no internet. Unfortunately back to civilization means back to work.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by delsol72
What ya'll think of my sol? Pics up top.
The bad:
The color of the wheels is out of place, doesn't really belong on the car. It clashes with the taillights and then the amber bumper reflectors.

Something looks wrong with the color of the front emblem but I can't really tell from these angles.

The cheap/fake chrome wiper blades are pretty ricey.

The good:
I have those same headlights, they look pretty good on a black Sol, especially when looking at them from the front.

The drop is a good level and it looks clean.

While i'm not a fan of spoilers, that one looks pretty decent.

Constructive criticism:
I would consider a different wheel color. You can have them powdercoated instead of buying new rims. It'll probably cost around $100, but you'll be able to pick the exact shade of the exact color. I think a dark grey would look good, but there's many other colors that would.

Get some normal wiper blades. The brand doesn't matter, as long as they work and they look normal. What's the point of modding your wiper blades?

Check out some clear or smoked bumper reflectors. They match the black housing headlights better.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 06-15-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:51 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered my new shift **** today.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
The bad:
The color of the wheels is out of place, doesn't really belong on the car. It clashes with the taillights and then the amber bumper reflectors.

Something looks wrong with the color of the front emblem but I can't really tell from these angles.

The cheap/fake chrome wiper blades are pretty ricey.

The good:
I have those same headlights, they look pretty good on a black Sol, especially when looking at them from the front.

The drop is a good level and it looks clean.

While i'm not a fan of spoilers, that one looks pretty decent.

Constructive criticism:
I would consider a different wheel color. You can have them powdercoated instead of buying new rims. It'll probably cost around $100, but you'll be able to pick the exact shade of the exact color. I think a dark grey would look good, but there's many other colors that would.

Get some normal wiper blades. The brand doesn't matter, as long as they work and they look normal. What's the point of modding your wiper blades?

Check out some clear or smoked bumper reflectors. They match the black housing headlights better.

thanks man. the wiper blades are white. was on there when i got tha car. and some of the interior pieces are painted white. trying to find new ones. and the wheels i painted myself to see what they would look like that color. and dont worry not rattle can. car paint and they came out really good. i wanna change the color but not sure what color to go with. if anyone has photo shop and can change the color that would be helpful. just any colors ya'll would think look good. and i gotta drop the back down a little bit more too much of a gap for my liking. and get myself a camber kit. the badges are white acura badges. front and rear.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just wondering, but why Acura badges?
Old 06-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

idk. gonna take them off when i figure what color im gonna paint my wheels. so if ya'll could help and either photo shop them on the car or just post any pics of black del sols with different color wheels it would be very helpful.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just wondering, but why Acura badges?
hey quick question. you a member of team sol? we finally got it up and running again. and got a meet on june 27th.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by delsol72
hey quick question. you a member of team sol? we finally got it up and running again. and got a meet on june 27th.
Nope, not a team sol member. I don't really do meets or anything (paint sucks too bad on my car anyway), I just mod the car, drive it, and talk to people on the internet about Hondas. lol

I have flat charcoal wheels on my (black) sol, you can check them out in my garage/photo album if you're interested in seeing what that color looks like. Keep in mind the time of day the pictures are from (right before dusk), so the wheels look a tiny bit darker in some pictures. The pictures where they look lighter is the correct shade for normal daylight.

For other colors on black cars, what I would do is go to the beginning of this thread and just browse the pictures that have been posted. There should be tons to look at.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nope, not a team sol member. I don't really do meets or anything (paint sucks too bad on my car anyway), I just mod the car, drive it, and talk to people on the internet about Hondas. lol

I have flat charcoal wheels on my (black) sol, you can check them out in my garage/photo album if you're interested in seeing what that color looks like. Keep in mind the time of day the pictures are from (right before dusk), so the wheels look a tiny bit darker in some pictures. The pictures where they look lighter is the correct shade for normal daylight.

For other colors on black cars, what I would do is go to the beginning of this thread and just browse the pictures that have been posted. There should be tons to look at.
thanks bro.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

does anyone make canards for del sol or are they universal? if so whats a good site to buy from?
Old 06-15-2009, 09:28 PM

Hey guys,

haven't been on here in a while. been to busy workin and hadn't done much to the car in a while. I just installed the latest addition to the car last night. Took it for a drive today and its now a totally different car. Love it.

Quick Reply: del Sol thread v 2.0!