Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

del Sol thread v 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (solsi2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solsi2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i looked on the back of my bumper and it has a circle about an inch long right on each side where the fog goes. shouldnt it be shaped more like an oval?</TD></TR></TABLE>

im pretty sure mine has a what looks to be "perfect" outline of the fogs.

ya! new picture (old pic but new to me)

man i need to take care of the fuel lines, window cleaner..... and that stupid intake manifold that makes my throttle cable look dumb
Old 09-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (broketuner-Sol_Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-Sol_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">PMd you back </TD></TR></TABLE>

replied homie.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solsi2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i looked on the back of my bumper and it has a circle about an inch long right on each side where the fog goes. shouldnt it be shaped more like an oval?</TD></TR></TABLE>
I might have a pic on photobucket of the backside
Old 09-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (del_barry)

thanks barry.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn barry sold that Fast?????
Old 09-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i feel like an idiot, how bad is it to put in too much oil? i just changed my oil, and didnt realize the oil i had was a "bonus" container, so instead of it being a 5quart thing, it was 5.5, so that extra .5 was unmarked on the bottle, put in like 3.5-4, but i guess i put maybe .5quarts too much in, i let some out, but its still like maybe 1/4" over the full mark

somehting i should worry about, should i go drain a little more out?
Old 09-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No prob Mike
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OUT OF ORDER ROB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn barry sold that Fast?????</TD></TR></TABLE>
I know huh lol
probally the fasted sale I've had, my 97 seats sold in like 1 full day
Old 09-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sohc95vtec-t)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by del_barry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I know huh lol
probally the fasted sale I've had, my 97 seats sold in like 1 full day</TD></TR></TABLE>

fastest FS thread I've ever seen

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohc95vtec-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i feel like an idiot, how bad is it to put in too much oil? i just changed my oil, and didnt realize the oil i had was a "bonus" container, so instead of it being a 5quart thing, it was 5.5, so that extra .5 was unmarked on the bottle, put in like 3.5-4, but i guess i put maybe .5quarts too much in, i let some out, but its still like maybe 1/4" over the full mark

somehting i should worry about, should i go drain a little more out?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wouldn't worry about it, how much oil have you burnt since the last oil change?
Plus you're turbo so maybe after the whole system is pressureized it might go down a bit...unless this is after you turned it on and drove around a bit already?
Old 09-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by del_barry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No prob Mike

I know huh lol
probally the fasted sale I've had, my 97 seats sold in like 1 full day</TD></TR></TABLE>

Crazy.. i wanted them too oh We'll ill Just wait for another set
Old 09-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mugen-k)

where's macho?

last time I heard form him he was having trouble with his ls-vtec

ownage:

found this pic I forgot I had/took that I liked

another:

close up of the cluster:

and the climate control:

LEDs

Modified by mugen-k at 9:33 PM 9/27/2008
Old 09-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohc95vtec-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i feel like an idiot, how bad is it to put in too much oil? i just changed my oil, and didnt realize the oil i had was a "bonus" container, so instead of it being a 5quart thing, it was 5.5, so that extra .5 was unmarked on the bottle, put in like 3.5-4, but i guess i put maybe .5quarts too much in, i let some out, but its still like maybe 1/4" over the full mark

somehting i should worry about, should i go drain a little more out?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont know if this is possible, but theoretically if there was a nuff oil the crank could be slapping into it and "froth" it up and create bubbles .

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where's macho?

last time I heard form him he was having trouble with his ls-vted </TD></TR></TABLE>

ls-v
Old 09-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

When I did this it made my engine blow the rear main seal, now I drip oil all the time.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ian_b16)

hmm, good point..

yea, thats after i started it up for a minute, i didnt drive around on it thouhg.. i might just go through all the trouple, and drain a bit more, i just hate draining fresh oil
Old 09-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

When i had my Greedy/trust Oil cooler Hooked up. i was running 6 quarts But my **** felt like it got Slower after a few runs i took it off. felt way better
Old 09-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohc95vtec-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hmm, good point..

yea, thats after i started it up for a minute, i didnt drive around on it thouhg.. i might just go through all the trouple, and drain a bit more, i just hate draining fresh oil </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha i know what you mean about fresh oil. and one my friend put tomuch oil in is gsr, so he got down to pull the drain plug for a second, and dropped the plug into the oil bucket. ended up having to pay for to oil changes.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hahah yea i almost did that too! i couldnt get it to line back up to thread in i thought i was letting too much out, but stil lwas too fuull
Old 09-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohc95vtec-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just hate draining fresh oil </TD></TR></TABLE>

specially synthetic

or genuine honda transmission fluid
Old 09-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

specially synthetic

or genuine honda transmission fluid </TD></TR></TABLE>

you know i got a bunch of that transmission fluid, but never used it. it just sits there like a decoration. same with a thing of honda ps fluid and honda coolant.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

specially synthetic

or genuine honda transmission fluid </TD></TR></TABLE>
haha yea, good thing i dont use it

i guess i'll just suck it up, and drain more, oil's cheap compared to the alternative
Old 09-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah I'd drain it out to the proper level too. My buddy had a type R swapped civic and on the dyno it wasn't making much power. They check the oil and it was over the full mark by about a 1/4 inch. When they drained out enough oil to put it between the full marks on the dip stick it made an extra 20 hp on the dyno with no tuning. So that goes to show that the oil hitting the rotating assembly in the bottom end can really kill power.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (delslo93)

so its not necessarily good to keep the oil near the top hole on the dip stick? but rather dead in the middle? wow i feel dumb, thats how ive always done it
Old 09-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ian_b16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you know i got a bunch of that transmission fluid, but never used it. it just sits there like a decoration. same with a thing of honda ps fluid and honda coolant.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what I do with my MUGEN and HAMP JDM oil filter LOL

I got the oil for free from my buddy that works at the dealership

as well as a jug of honda genuine coolant as well that I'm using now

Its pretty cool cause it comes blue in color and its supposed to turn green when it requires changing
Old 09-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (delslo93)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by delslo93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah I'd drain it out to the proper level too. My buddy had a type R swapped civic and on the dyno it wasn't making much power. They check the oil and it was over the full mark by about a 1/4 inch. When they drained out enough oil to put it between the full marks on the dip stick it made an extra 20 hp on the dyno with no tuning. So that goes to show that the oil hitting the rotating assembly in the bottom end can really kill power. </TD></TR></TABLE>

good info

guess additional rotational mass really kills power and so if you can lighten it (flywheel or crank pulley) you can see some improvements
if not even overall hp (20hp is amazing) then quicker response at least

I usually try and keep mine around the middle so I guess I'm safe
Old 09-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just got pictures from my brother, of a motor my best friend is putting together. i got this kid into hondas he got a MINT 97 gsr for $1k over a year ago. ive helped him with every think hes done to his car. now hes gone and bult a motor, nows hes faster then me. no!!!!!!

heres the "biggies"
stock gsr block
jdm itr pistons

built b16 head
ctr cams
toda cam gears
toda timing belt
S2 IM w/ honada gasket

competition clutch
act fly wheel

in the town im from. you never see these kind of quality parts, especially on one car
Old 09-27-2008, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got the oil for free from my buddy that works at the dealership

as well as a jug of honda genuine coolant as well that I'm using now
</TD></TR></TABLE>

ya i got my coolant from a friend tat worked at a honda dealership. the only reason he got a job there is cause his dad worked there. but nether one of them new much about hondas

Quick Reply: del Sol thread v 2.0!