Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

del Sol thread v 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (.Sarge.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Sarge. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well if you want some cheap rims that you could double as some track ****** get some slips. Cheap, good looking, functional, and did I say cheap?

And maybe a baller set of rims for non track/autox use. I bet those white rsz-r that Vy used to have would look great on your car. </TD></TR></TABLE>

slips are definitely a widely used/popular wheel on the track and the street and has a great, simple design (copied of course but nonetheless)
probably my best bet but considered C8 or C10s too?
wonder which ones the lighest out of all of them?

Vys' wheels looked great on her white del sol so maybe they wouldn't look bad on mine too

only thing I'm worried about is with while wheels do I have to color match them to my car and would they look funny if they were just regular white or champ white

like the limited edition white time attack CEs for example? would the whites not match and look funny/awful?
Old 09-03-2008, 07:01 AM

Default Re: (mugen-k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I agree with you 100%
man, you must've read my mind LOL</TD></TR></TABLE>

It wasn't hard to figure out since it appears we both have a similar vision for the Sol.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">By diffuser you mean under the rear of the car and not that plate on the back bumper with the holes GE makes...
a lot of people refer to that as a diffuser too

if so i'd want it completely custom to go around the exhaust and everything and also in CF
another thign I've wanted since I've cut the bumper...

I'll see where this stock base model motor takes me but can guarantee I definitely want a real/full i-vtec head eventually one way or another

I'm guessing your looking into some mods/upgrades yourself? or at least tempted to buy?</TD></TR></TABLE>

By diffuser I mean a REAL diffuser. You know that thing that actually channels air in a more uniform manner as it exits from the rear.

At the moment I don't think much will change on the Sol this year as it's my final year in Uni so I doubt I'll get anything done this year. Hopefully some coilovers and then just fix the things that are falling apart.

After that my Sol will be modified in European fashion.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (james p.)

Sup everybody!!

Kash, saw some pics of you in the Charlotte meet. Wish I was there. I was in DC otherwise I would've made it!!
Old 09-03-2008, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RNPoo7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RNPoo7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sup everybody!!

Kash, saw some pics of you in the Charlotte meet. Wish I was there. I was in DC otherwise I would've made it!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you drive up to DC?
Old 09-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by james p. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It wasn't hard to figure out since it appears we both have a similar vision for the Sol.

By diffuser I mean a REAL diffuser. You know that thing that actually channels air in a more uniform manner as it exits from the rear.

At the moment I don't think much will change on the Sol this year as it's my final year in Uni so I doubt I'll get anything done this year. Hopefully some coilovers and then just fix the things that are falling apart.

After that my Sol will be modified in European fashion. </TD></TR></TABLE>

great minds think alike LOL

thought so and should have figured of all people you'd be talking about a real one

thats funny and didn't know that, I'm going to tell everyone with one that and break their hearts LOL J/K
junkyards will be selling stock rear bumpers like crazy and paint shops will be spraying them everyday haha

Gotta agree school is important which is why I think a break is necessary and only jumping on really good deals (I get stingy during the school year but in teh summer it seems I don't care cause I want/need it at that moment while in the winter I can wait and really have no use for it)

not to mention a lack of income kind of plays a big part
Going to apply to the local Honda dealership for sure this year/semester, maybe even the autozone across the street too and be like Wray

ditching mugen for EDM theme?
Old 09-03-2008, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RNPoo7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sup everybody!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

sol back together yet?

Modified by mugen-k at 11:31 AM 9/3/2008
Old 09-03-2008, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Sarge. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Did you drive up to DC?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep, what a boring drive, but driving at night made it MUCH better
I went in the TSX though.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Originally Posted by RNPoo7
Sup everybody!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

sol back together yet?
Rebuilding the bottom end next week in my apartment
Old 09-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RNPoo7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yep, what a boring drive, but driving at night made it MUCH better
I went in the TSX though.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

And you didnt stop by on the way back.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by james p. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
After that my Sol will be modified in European fashion. </TD></TR></TABLE>

European fashion?
You live in europe, that doesnt count since you can get that stuff easy over there
Old 09-03-2008, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Sarge. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And you didnt stop by on the way back.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I actually wanted to really bad, but my parents tagged along on this "trip"
And 2 days in DC = NOT ENOUGH TIME at all!! lol

I will next time, that's fo sho
Old 09-03-2008, 07:27 AM

Default Re: (mugen-k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ditching mugen for EDM theme? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm getting bored of Mugen. I love it to death, but the prices are just stupid. Especially for nice wheels. If you add the shipping pain in the *** of where I am, you come to the point where you're like "F*ckit".

And it doesn't necessarily mean I'm going all EDM when I said in a "european fashion". It means adding lots of function and a dash of fashion.

It won't differ much with most Sols, it's mostly a way of thinking.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

James is a baller. He said he's gonna ship me some parts for free
Old 09-03-2008, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh boy. i got a lot of catching up to do.

street tires ftl.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JtriX21)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JtriX21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh boy. i got a lot of catching up to do.

[img]http://www.actionracingphotos.com/photos/2008/083008NEDIMPORTWARS/images/0830DML_4456.jpg[img]

street tires ftl.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ya you do, what ended up being your best time that day?

come back up next import warz with radials
Old 09-03-2008, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JtriX21)

Hey Jesse, That thing got a hemi in it?
Old 09-03-2008, 07:36 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RNPoo7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">James is a baller. He said he's gonna ship me some parts for free </TD></TR></TABLE>

3 bolts and a washer? Hell yeah!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Sarge. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey Jesse, That thing got a hemi in it? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Even I know that commercial . . .
Old 09-03-2008, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RNPoo7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I actually wanted to really bad, but my parents tagged along on this "trip"
And 2 days in DC = NOT ENOUGH TIME at all!! lol

I will next time, that's fo sho </TD></TR></TABLE>
W3rd! as long as Im actually home its not far from 81 at all.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by james p. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Even I know that commercial . . . </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah I was checkin out his hood.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I been ghost for like a decade so I figure I come back with a few pics...my Dsoc sticker came yesterday!

Old 09-03-2008, 07:40 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Sarge. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah I was checkin out his hood. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You know how I know you're gay?
Old 09-03-2008, 07:42 AM

Will, new rear suspension setup looks niiiiice!

Chris, lovely pics as usual.

new wheels come in today.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

W3rd! as long as Im actually home its not far from 81 at all. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ahh that reminds me!!
I borrowed my buddy's GPS and it REALLY pissed me off.

Coming up, we took I-85 to I-95. I wanted to go back home that same way but the stupid thing took me to 495 to I-66 to I-81 I believe. Then finally 77 to 85.
I was furious because I was trying to take a nap and those other roads are pretty curvy

Yeah I was checkin out his hood. </TD></TR></TABLE>
That's what she said
Old 09-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOL Food)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOL Food &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Will, new rear suspension setup looks niiiiice!

Chris, lovely pics as usual.

new wheels come in today. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks man,

Just wanted something that looked remotely as good as this:

still working on it tho...
not gonna lie, like i said, a major inspiration/motivation

what sway do you have btw?
i've been asking everyone LOL

so when can we see them?
are they gonna make everyone forget about the much anticipated polished works?

Modified by mugen-k at 12:06 PM 9/3/2008
Old 09-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You know how I know you're gay?</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL I havent heard that one in a while.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so when can we see them?
are they gonna make everyone forget about the much anticipated polished works? </TD></TR></TABLE>

That rear end is sex. Im trying to find a spoiler similar to that but havent had any luck yet.

Ill go ahead and guess that they ARE polished Works. I cant wait to see them Macho!

Coming up, we took I-85 to I-95. I wanted to go back home that same way but the stupid thing took me to 495 to I-66 to I-81 I believe. Then finally 77 to 85.
I was furious because I was trying to take a nap and those other roads are pretty curvy </TD></TR></TABLE> I love yet hate those things.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:56 AM

heh thanks, but you actually took it one step further and even matched em up to your wheels!

oh, and the sway bar is a 23mm R replica from Aerodyne Industries.

i'm hoping the new wheels will look just as good, if not better, than polished Emotion CR Kais with red stickers. these new wheels will have a lip (the Emotion CR Kais didn't) so i know i'll like em and i haven't seen these wheels on many Hondas in general...

Old 09-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOL Food)

RSZ-R's?
Meister's?
Old 09-03-2008, 08:04 AM

Default Re: (RARE_EG2)

hi Jimbo.

well RSZRs are pretty common on Hondas...Meisters aren't as common, but i've seen em on a couple of Hondas.

my new kicks i have honestly never seen on a Civic or Integra...let alone a del Sol. maybe i just need to go out more, but yeah.

Quick Reply: del Sol thread v 2.0!