Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

del Sol thread v 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ZOMG!!!!! someone put a Cusco cage in a del sol!!!!!!! youre gonna die faster cuz its better not to have a cage, than to have some sort of a cage!!!!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RARE_EG2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RARE_EG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ZOMG!!!!! someone put a Cusco cage in a del sol!!!!!!! youre gonna die faster cuz its better not to have a cage, than to have some sort of a cage!!!!!!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

not before you do hahahaha
Old 02-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh no
Old 02-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (broketuner-Sol_Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-Sol_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

but it's functional in the form of panty dropper AND weight reduction off the highest point lowering the center of gravity of the car (albeit minimally) Vs cusco cage which is just panty dropper and in a roll over brain basher not to mention it adds quite abit to an already heavy car</TD></TR></TABLE>1) My head clears that bar by over 6 inches in every direction, and when used with harnesses and proper seating as it is intended, there won't be that much movement.
2) the S model is incredibly light, at ~2100lbs facotry. Mine is gutted.
3) the cusco bar adds a lot of rigidity of the chassis
4) the ameripol top is quite possibly the most unsafe thing I have ever seen. Would you like me to go get a piece of 3/4" plexiglass (like twice the thickness of the top) and hit it with the force of a rollover impact, or hell, a side impact? Hope you like digging plexiglass out of your head haha

At the moment I am being a douche, but seriously that ameripol top is the most overrated thing ever. There's a reason the whole roof comes off haha.

(and before you give me more ****, I didn't buy the cusco bar, it was in the car when I got it)
Old 02-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey Jimmy, what did you use as for as rails for your Buddy Club seat and now your Bride seat? and do you need 16" wheels to use Spoon calipers and are they worth the money?

thanks man
Old 02-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (imm0rt41)

^^ Lies, you are a cusco supporter too. You are gonna die
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sohc95vtec-t)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohc95vtec-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
hopefully soon to be </TD></TR></TABLE>
better be
the ones on eBay were super mint
but what other condition would s2k seats be in? LOL
i love the start button in that car btw
everytime i see it i want to do it
but might just have to settle mounting it elsewhere...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by foam &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">man all this hate for cusco lol.. All I know is when I sell my car, I can take it out and have more people want it than having a weld-in that no might want to buy.
Not to mention a good weld-in has to go thru the back of the car making the rear window not work. But hey why add wings and lips if it adds weight as well right? </TD></TR></TABLE>
there is no doubt the cusco looks good
there is no denying that

but if you take it out and sell it (which you can cause its just bolt on)
other people will but it cause they want a good looking cage to put int as well
i'll admit, i could very well be one of those buyers

but a welded cage is clearly better function wise for a million reaons
maybe not convenience wise because you you loose rear window, getting in is difficult, etc
but you lose storage bins and visors with a cusco too.
so either way, putting a cage will be sacrificing convenience for looks
but at least with a welded cage you will gain functionality.
plus if you could get a welded cage out, would require a cutter and not just sockets and ratchets, it would sell just like full-race cages sell because they are pre-made for a certain application and people need/want these cages to be able to race legally...

basically
cusco = show, lose some things, but is still DD-able with it in
custom/welded = race (and show), lost a lot of things, very inconvenient, not ideal at all for DD and meant for racing.

cusco = several feet of aluminum bars with bolts and nuts
lips = abs plastic or fg or even CF...
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eg2crx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg2crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey Jimmy, what did you use as for as rails for your Buddy Club seat and now your Bride seat? and do you need 16" wheels to use Spoon calipers and are they worth the money?

thanks man</TD></TR></TABLE>

jimmy got 15's, he ain't ballin enough for 16's
Old 02-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RARE_EG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ZOMG!!!!! someone put a Cusco cage in a del sol!!!!!!! youre gonna die faster cuz its better not to have a cage, than to have some sort of a cage!!!!!!

</TD></TR></TABLE>I swear to god everytime I post a pic of it somebody gets their panties in a bunch. Not like I drive the car or anything

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by foam &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^ Lies, you are a cusco supporter too. You are gonna die </TD></TR></TABLE>I got it with the car, and I'm selling it. I really don't need it in the car for cruising around town in
Old 02-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg2crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do you need 16" wheels to use Spoon calipers and are they worth the money?

15's will clear depending on offset.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mugen-k)

mugen-k, I meant for when I sell my car. I'm sure I'm gonna have a hard time selling the car with a roll cage welded in.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg2crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey Jimmy, what did you use as for as rails for your Buddy Club seat and now your Bride seat? and do you need 16" wheels to use Spoon calipers and are they worth the money?

im using Wedge Engineering seat brackets, NO rails/sliders..i found that using the seat, and sidemounts to the brackets is already a good position for my seating, therefore i didnt spend the extra money on rails/sliders that i didnt need from the start

no, you dont need 16" wheels..so far i managed to use 2 sets of 15" wheels with my Spoon brakes..you have to be careful with offset and the face/spoke design of the wheel for clearance..

i personally think theyre worth the money..i had 11.1" rotors and GSR calipers before the Spoon's, and when i switched to the Spoon calipers, i felt a difference..and i ran the Hawk HPS pads on both setups
Old 02-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by foam &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

jimmy got 15's, he ain't ballin enough for 16's </TD></TR></TABLE>

my 15's are worth more than most 16's ..plus i choose not to rock 16's

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imm0rt41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I swear to god everytime I post a pic of it somebody gets their panties in a bunch. Not like I drive the car or anything </TD></TR></TABLE>

a Cusco cage is better than no cage IMO..

Old 02-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RARE_EG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

my 15's are worth more than most 16's ..plus i choose not to rock 16's

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Rota C10's aren't worth that much
Old 02-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imm0rt41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">4) the ameripol top is quite possibly the most unsafe thing I have ever seen. Would you like me to go get a piece of 3/4" plexiglass (like twice the thickness of the top) and hit it with the force of a rollover impact, or hell, a side impact? Hope you like digging plexiglass out of your head haha</TD></TR></TABLE>

Couldnt be much worse than using glass for windows.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RARE_EG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a Cusco cage is better than no cage IMO..</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have to agree with this man. It might be better its just not legal for most racing
Old 02-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (foam)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by foam &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Rota C10's aren't worth that much </TD></TR></TABLE>

Mugen stamped on the upper right side

and a pic of a roll cage to get everyone pissed

Old 02-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (foam)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by foam &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mugen-k, I meant for when I sell my car. I'm sure I'm gonna have a hard time selling the car with a roll cage welded in. </TD></TR></TABLE>
oh, i see what you meant
i agree now cause its a "permanent" mod
and cars are harder to sell "custom/modified" than stock
even if they are modified with nice expensive parts
because people don't want to pay for what "you" like
the cage would either make it harder to sell
or a good selling point
depending on the buyer and what they want in a del sol
i knew one old guy was selling his del sol for like 10Gs and it had a roll cage in it
but this one was the most ridiculous ugliest most inconvenient thing you ever seen
one bar went from the upper bar behind the seat level with the head rest in the middle between the seats all the way down to where the ECU is located but had to go ACROSS THE PASSENGER seat..
and he still left the seat in which was the funny part
i guess its a "real race car" since you can't fit a passenger at all in there
who's gonna buy it?

p.s. you got pg2800 ownage btw
post pics
i dare u to post pics of another caged del sol LOL
Old 02-04-2008, 12:01 PM
HTBATRACER

http://www.flickr.com/photos/timhulce/1326216904/

Hi everyone, my old car needed to be on this page.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RARE_EG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a Cusco cage is better than no cage IMO..</TD></TR></TABLE>Yeah, they are incredibly rigid, but most people wouldn't know that because they dog on them without actually having one. If I were to get in a wreck hard enough to bend it, I think I would have more to worry about then getting hit in the head by the cage haha

Also, you still got your cage Jimbo?
Old 02-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imm0rt41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, they are incredibly rigid, but most people wouldn't know that because they dog on them without actually having one. If I were to get in a wreck hard enough to bend it, I think I would have more to worry about then getting hit in the head by the cage haha

Also, you still got your cage Jimbo? </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i still have it..itll be back in the car in a couple months
Old 02-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

True to the Game =P

it was cold as hell, but i did it
Old 02-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RARE_EG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
a Cusco cage is better than no cage IMO..
</TD></TR></TABLE>
true
better than nothing, just not best
advans out weight disadvans

Mugen stamped on the upper right side

and a pic of a roll cage to get everyone pissed

</TD></TR></TABLE>
my favourite pic up top
of mugen and spoon getting along in perfect harmony
the picture thats worth way more than just a 1000 words, but rather a couple of K
baller..

and you cage looked awesome
first on i saw on a sol when it was white
and just left me thinking
how....
didn't know you still had it when you did the color change...
can't wait to see it back in soon
Old 02-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RARE_EG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah i still have it..itll be back in the car in a couple months </TD></TR></TABLE>Sounds awesome, I bet I know why you're putting it back in too

Not sure if I will make it to VI or Eibach this year, there is talk of me going out to LA like 7 times this summer on weekends for the CGS Season. Who knows what will pan out now haha
Old 02-04-2008, 12:10 PM

where can i get a decent looking set of cheap ($$ not quality) 15" rims, the rear drivers side rim doesnt sit right so it wobbles hell im even missing a lug stud on the passenger's side lol
Old 02-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lots of nice sol's in this thread.

Quick Reply: del Sol thread v 2.0!