Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

del Sol thread v 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by babyS2K &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">must be nice to have money </TD></TR></TABLE>

who said i have money?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imm0rt41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just figured I'd ask if they were spoken for or not since I am gonna be getting some JDM Tails from Vy here pretty soon. Would be cool if I could get the matching fronts </TD></TR></TABLE>

well, if i come across another set, ill let you know

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">me TOO!!!
i want them so bad
just need to find someone willing to do a photoshoot with me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you should live out here, so many good photographers
Old 01-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RARE_EG2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RARE_EG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, if i come across another set, ill let you know </TD></TR></TABLE>you're so good to me

I hate to be a biter, but I am so gonna get a Yakima roof rack like the guy with the white sol. I have to bring my bike to campus all the time and it would be really convenient
Old 01-20-2008, 09:03 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (imm0rt41)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imm0rt41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you're so good to me

I hate to be a biter, but I am so gonna get a Yakima roof rack like the guy with the white sol. I have to bring my bike to campus all the time and it would be really convenient </TD></TR></TABLE>

What set of Q-clips are you going to use?
Old 01-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imm0rt41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you're so good to me

I hate to be a biter, but I am so gonna get a Yakima roof rack like the guy with the white sol. I have to bring my bike to campus all the time and it would be really convenient </TD></TR></TABLE>

good to see youre actually gonna put it to use
Old 01-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What set of Q-clips are you going to use?</TD></TR></TABLE>I dunno, the ones for sale here have adjustable widths so I imagine it would just clamp down on the roof like it would on a Civic or Integra. Do you actually need different clips?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RARE_EG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good to see youre actually gonna put it to use </TD></TR></TABLE>Would also be useful for coming out to Cali. I could bring my bike instead of riding Miko's haha
Old 01-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha
Old 01-20-2008, 09:14 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imm0rt41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dunno, the ones for sale here have adjustable widths so I imagine it would just clamp down on the roof like it would on a Civic or Integra. Do you actually need different clips?

Would also be useful for coming out to Cali. I could bring my bike instead of riding Miko's haha</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah dude. The clips are specific for the curves of the door jamb.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah dude. The clips are specific for the curves of the door jamb. </TD></TR></TABLE>hmm, shitty since they never made one for the sol. I imagine I will modify the Civic clips to fit. Nothing a little heat and a hammer can't fix
Old 01-20-2008, 09:20 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imm0rt41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hmm, shitty since they never made one for the sol. I imagine I will modify the Civic clips to fit. Nothing a little heat and a hammer can't fix </TD></TR></TABLE>

I've got a set of civic Sedan clips you can have for like $25 shipped.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

FINALLY hit the 1000 mile mark on the new motor 1001 baby w00t lol
Old 01-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I've got a set of civic Sedan clips you can have for like $25 shipped.</TD></TR></TABLE>Let me see about getting the rack first. Nobody is replying to my emails about the ones on craigslist
Old 01-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RNPoo7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RNPoo7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">FINALLY hit the 1000 mile mark on the new motor 1001 baby w00t lol
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Pics of the new motor???
Old 01-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EG1CR-X)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG1CR-X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Pics of the new motor??? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Details:
https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=8

w00t, pwnage!
Old 01-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice! Sohc FTMFW!!!?
Old 01-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RNPoo7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RNPoo7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

w00t, pwnage!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow, how did you get the climate ctrl, radio, and even tach to light up so bright and white?
different bulbs?
Old 01-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

me TOO!!!
i want them so bad
just need to find someone willing to do a photoshoot with me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll take some when i go up there. but i want some (more) as well.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (JtriX21)

^thats badass
Old 01-20-2008, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hater)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Awesome. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks John, means a lot coming from Mr. Mugen himself . Hopefully for my B day I get a better camera(one with an adjustable flash would be nice LOL) and a tripod so that'll elimnate the haze/blurrynss of my pics.

But I still would like to get together with Macho sometime after I do all of this for a "REAL" shoot:
-Buff out trunk(really oxidized...I don't even think the peanut butter trick will work this time )
-Redo mounting on wing(still JUST olts...want to add double sided tape too)
-Detail interior
-detail engine bay
-install header(if my other O2 sensor comes in)
-install mudguards
-mod. exhaust to work with swaybar
-install swaybar
Old 01-21-2008, 12:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (broketuner-Sol_Si)

can someone tell me where i can get amber corner lights? two times i bought them at ebay.com but after a month i got from them a mail that they do not have them in stock. can someone help me please?! i really need them!
Old 01-21-2008, 01:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (james p.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by james p. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I don't think anyone is saying the del Sol is a better car than the S2K. What I find funniest is everyone builds hype on all the wrong aspects of the car.

The F20C is a great engine but it's torqueless. On a mountain road it'll leave you hanging waiting for the damn revs to build. People seem to forget that it's a ROADSTER not a GT car, not a cabriolet, or a street racer.

The key components that made the car great was two things. The first is it's monocoque tub chassis and the second was it's transmission. It's a drivers car, but it's engine betrays it because it's impossible to keep that car in the power band while on a demanding curvey road without getting killed.

Either way it's apples and oranges. The del Sol is a 2 seater Civic, the S2000 is an S2000. We might as well compare them to the Jazz.

P.s. 90 - 93 Accords rule! </TD></TR></TABLE>

It's official...this guy knows his ****!

Now that I'm talking about my old sol again, I'm interested in finding out where it went.

It's been a couple of years, but I traded it off to a guy from St. Louis who took it up there and wound up putting it up for sale.

It was a milano red '94 del Sol VTEC with 104000 on the clock at the time, Skunk2 coilovers, Apexi custom exhaust, Skunk2 rear strut tower bar, 5Zigen header, AEM cold air intake (red), Enkei RSV wheels(17" Gunmetal) and a kenwood CD player. I think that was all...it had JDM "DOHC VTEC" Stickers in the factory locations on the sides. It had been repainted in the rear and front in certain places thanks to my ex GF who got us rear-ended on one occasion and side swiped a car on another. It also had some chew marks of the passenger side seat slider handle from the dog that the guy owned that had the car before me.

So...anyone know where it is?
Old 01-21-2008, 04:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JtriX21)

Originally Posted by JtriX21

I'll take some when i go up there. but i want some (more) as well.

deal
we can hop right on the highway 93

random, but videos i took (well i was driving the "film" car while a kid in the back seat of my sister's cr-v was taking the video)
"highway sliding" on i-93
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...lated
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr-Yjz1JcI4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...lated
stupid i know, i was just the driver of the camera car

how far are you from boston btw?
probably same distance/time i am, so its like a halfway point.
oh yea, and i will be registering for HIN Boston, MA on April, 26 (last week of classes before finals, LOL)
you gonna be there? maybe even register your car you can park next to me

Originally Posted by RARE_EG2
haha..its funny cuz ive had my set on my car for 4yrs
and now i got brand new ones, out with the old, in with the new
i need to do the same thing
had my set for just as long, one of the first things i got for my car
they are not just old and beat, but damaged too
but got a great deal on them, specially back then when they didn't have aftermarket ones, and i still think they look good today in pics, just not up close

Originally Posted by broketuner-Sol_Si
ever seen this:

Enhanced Elements Rear Lower Tie Bar
Enhanced Elements Front Upper Strut Bar
Enhanced Elements Red Lower Front H Brace
Enhanced Elements C-Pillar Bar

u guys probably know the car, he's pretty popular on cardomain...

i like his "type-r" interior

red carpet w/ recaro type-r seats
something i would do if i ever went the "type-r" del sol route
steering wheel is nice too

Originally Posted by wrongwd
no way, i love reading his long winded posts!
thanks man
must be an asian thing LOL (even though we sound white over the phone )
)

Modified by mugen-k at 11:35 AM 1/21/2008
Old 01-21-2008, 04:42 AM

Default Re: (Hater)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Awesome. </TD></TR></TABLE>

When did Sean take that picture? That is awesome!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ntensehonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's official...this guy knows his ****!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh you're just saying that cause I like CD (?) Accords!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i like his "type-r" interior
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm a big fan of the carpet. It flows very well. The ITR Recaros are too chunky for me.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mugen-k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
u guys probably know the car, he's pretty popular on cardomain...

Modified by mugen-k at 9:08 AM 1/21/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

his names jeff

hes a pretty cool character
Old 01-21-2008, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (james p.)

his car now

Quick Reply: del Sol thread v 2.0!