Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

del Sol thread v 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (jit01)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by babyS2K &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so she lost weight then gain it back???</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah, its normal for them to lose weight after birth
She was only drinking 15mL of formula at a time for 2 days, but now she's up to like 60mL every few hours
She will be 1 week old at 3:08am

I just realized I still have all the turbo stuff in the trunk of the sol from a trip out of town for driving the sol once in over a week
But the '05 durango is fun
Old 01-18-2008, 08:06 PM

Default Re: (del_barry)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Aushonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Ouch hope it comes back better</TD></TR></TABLE>

It will I will post pics when I get it + I bought a bunch of stuff for the car hids, asr brace, whale ***** intake, buddyclub p1 sf rims (16" gunmetal) and soon oem 99 si lip paint matched.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Aushonda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Aushonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ouch hope it comes back better

Anywhere where you can buy amber corners for the sol instead of making them yourself?</TD></TR></TABLE>

ebay,I had a set and they looked/fit fine imo.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (SOLtrain "tiiiteboyee")

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOLtrain "tiiiteboyee" &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ebay,I had a set and they looked/fit fine imo.</TD></TR></TABLE>
So did those fenders.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmmm i'm kinda on the "high maybe" about the Bar as well...

price seems fair..

I want a full list of pros and cons! now!
Old 01-18-2008, 08:46 PM

Default Re: (8520)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 8520 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just keep rubbing it in. Bastard </TD></TR></TABLE>

Quit whinning. You'll get a chance to chill there. My buddy has a double garage and loads of tools. You do the bay work - we'll provide the beers and women!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOLtrain "tiiiteboyee" &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">f15s are absolutely badass,not take anything away from the f16/f18s,but f15 is probably my fav navy plane as well! but lets be serious,air force's f22 raptor&gt;ALL! </TD></TR></TABLE>

F14 was the coolest of the bunch. And Eurofighter would bitchslap that Raptor out of the sky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNLwsk6TmHA

Morning ******!
Old 01-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (skip.two)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skip.two &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
So did those fenders. </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by james p. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

F14 was the coolest of the bunch. And Eurofighter would bitchslap that Raptor out of the sky.

Morning ******! </TD></TR></TABLE>

morning,and I think even european fighter pilots would laugh at that comment.

the f22 raptor was built for air dominance,and it does just that.

The main advantage of the EF,is that its more cost effective since its cheaper,but you get what you pay for right?

Old 01-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

does anyone have the link to the website some guy had for the build up of his del sol I believe..it was a track car..but he documented everything,how much everything weighed when he removed it,before and after 1/4 times etc. etc.

i believe it was black also...I think Jon posted it..
Old 01-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=SOLtrain "tiiiteboyee"]f15s are absolutely badass,not take anything away from the f16/f18s,but f15 is probably my fav navy plane as well! but lets be serious,air force's f22 raptor&gt;ALL! [/QUOTE
BAH! the f15 is NOT a navy plane!!!! come on now! if you're going to join the air force, at least know the planes! (other than the f22 )

goodnight ******, im freakin tired after a long day of boarding
Old 01-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOLtrain "tiiiteboyee" &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does anyone have the link to the website some guy had for the build up of his del sol I believe..it was a track car..but he documented everything,how much everything weighed when he removed it,before and after 1/4 times etc. etc.

i believe it was black also...I think Jon posted it..</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.drjanestewart.com/darksol/delsol.html

speaking of which, i thought this was interesting:

my stock del sol vtec header weighs 27lbs, right? well, my turbo manifold + turbo + downpipe weighs 33lbs.... only 6 lbs more!!! i was ABSOLUTELY shocked! especially because my turbo isn't exactly small....... i was pretty excited.

so total added weight i'm estimating is really only about ~25-30lbs...... so happy about that... i was thinking that it was gonna be more like 60-80lbs!
Old 01-18-2008, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (afro sheen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by afro sheen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">[QUOTE=SOLtrain "tiiiteboyee"]f15s are absolutely badass,not take anything away from the f16/f18s,but f15 is probably my fav navy plane as well! but lets be serious,air force's f22 raptor&gt;ALL! [/QUOTE
BAH! the f15 is NOT a navy plane!!!! come on now! if you're going to join the air force, at least know the planes! (other than the f22 )

goodnight ******, im freakin tired after a long day of boarding </TD></TR></TABLE>

ah,maybe thats why i liked it in the first place then

jon,ure the man,thats the one!

and wow,thats good to hear!
Old 01-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (WrongWD)

Thanks SOLtrain

Thats pretty good to know about the weight issue when going turbo. I'm pretty sure you could make it almost the same by deleting aircon, cf bonnet, relocated battery and so on
Old 01-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WrongWD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

http://www.drjanestewart.com/darksol/delsol.html

speaking of which, i thought this was interesting:

my stock del sol vtec header weighs 27lbs, right? well, my turbo manifold + turbo + downpipe weighs 33lbs.... only 6 lbs more!!! i was ABSOLUTELY shocked! especially because my turbo isn't exactly small....... i was pretty excited.

so total added weight i'm estimating is really only about ~25-30lbs...... so happy about that... i was thinking that it was gonna be more like 60-80lbs!</TD></TR></TABLE>

awsome link jon.yeah stock cast iron headers are ridiculos....wonder what the difference is between mine and the SS edelbrock waiting to go on will be.

here's one thing that suprised the hell out of me though:
Bronze Tint Ameripol polycarbonate roof (over stock metal) U -4 (ameripol is 4lbs lighter than stocker????)

and things I plan to do:
Remove cruise control R -8
delSol S manual steering rack (over stock power unit) U -22 (will be relooping lines...I'd imagine both racks actually weigh the same...it's the pump and other BS that makes the weight difference)
total -30lbs

only on occasions:
Lightweight race seat (over leather stockers) U -14
Remove passenger seat (over leather stocker) R -33
Remove behind-seat storage compartment R -12 (will be replaced with a stealthbox though, but removed for trwack days obviously)
total -59lbs

things already done:
Remove aux lights / brackets / wiring R -5
CF trunk -??(seemed like at least 20)
Remove jack / tools / cover R -22
Remove spare tire R -20
Remove front bumper reinforcement R -12
(car didn't come with the last 3 lol)
total - AT LEAST 79lbs

so on a track day the sol should be at least 170lbs lighter

Modified by broketuner-Sol_Si at 12:05 AM 1/19/2008
Old 01-18-2008, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Aushonda)

boost is better... and im drunk. lmao
Old 01-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (sohc95vtec-t)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohc95vtec-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and im drunk. lmao </TD></TR></TABLE>

that makes two
Old 01-18-2008, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (broketuner-Sol_Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-Sol_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so on a track day the sol should be at least 170lbs lighter
</TD></TR></TABLE>

you could have your car stolen, and recover just the bare metal frame, and it still wouldn't be as light as my white car
Old 01-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-Sol_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
so got a bizarre PM....</TD></TR></TABLE>

so did i:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey man i got a SOHC question. I got a y7 and i was wondering if installing a y8 intake mani makes for a lil gain in hp. My name is Jose btw. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i've never even had a single cam ever. don't even know which d16s are vtec and which are not lol. All i know is d17s come in em2s
Old 01-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WrongWD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you could have your car stolen, and recover just the bare metal frame, and it still wouldn't be as light as my white car </TD></TR></TABLE>

hmm....I'll get right on that one LOFL

but seriously though...if I ever do decide I can afford a pure track car....CRX or EF hatch all the way....gut it, JDM front end, and a nice H2B in the bay (H22A motor with some bisi goods mated with ITR tranny )

woah, just noticed ownage....hmm I'll go dig something up...probably some older/whored out pic

Rear view(yes I did some wetsanding on it)

Driverside angle:

Modified by broketuner-Sol_Si at 12:44 AM 1/19/2008
Old 01-18-2008, 11:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-Sol_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hmm....I'll get right on that one LOFL

but seriously though...if I ever do decide I can afford a pure track car....CRX or EF hatch all the way....gut it, JDM front end, and a nice H2B in the bay (H22A motor with some bisi goods mated with ITR tranny )</TD></TR></TABLE>

psh.... jdm front end? just more expensive to replace when you smash it! and h2b? damn i don't even want a b series in my car because of the weight.... staying single cam!

h5 @ 2175lbs (or h4 @ 1900lbs ) with the d15, and eventually when i have the money, built z6 for h2 @ 2000lbs. (not counting on that actually happening... way too expensive... plus a lot of heavy hitters on the west coast have moved up to h2)
Old 01-18-2008, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm yeah I've thought about that as well, but if I were to do an even simpler build(say LS, ITR pistons, crower cams and ITR tranny, I somehow have to believe the extra 100 lbs or so of a B series over a D series would be more than made up for in both the cost efficiency and power output of the car....just my opinion/thoughts though

only reason I'm toying with an all motor D for sol right now is I think it'd be fun to dabble in something rarely done(compared to turbo or other motor series builds/swaps)
Old 01-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

girl cars FTw!!!!!!

HENNESY expletives you p.. lmao
Old 01-18-2008, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohc95vtec-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">girl cars FTw!!!!!!

HENNESY expletives you p.. lmao</TD></TR></TABLE>

you should tey my friend's mix he calls "gasoline"......some vodka, a lot of redbull/monster/other good energy drink, a few different kinds of liquers, some other **** I don't remeber ATM and 2 table spoons of sugar to top it off LOL
Old 01-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lmao, 6 pack of beers, and a bunch of shots of voda, hennesy, caprin , and umm i dont even knw. lmao.. fun fun.. time to apss out
Old 01-19-2008, 12:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good evening solers
Old 01-19-2008, 12:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (solattack77)

seany you ever heards of a duck fart? (actualy a drink) aka a panty dropprs

Quick Reply: del Sol thread v 2.0!