Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

DA Integra's Only

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 04:08 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: DA Integra's Only

Originally Posted by g2_teg_
maybe you're right. He didn't own it long. He bought it and basically blew it up on the drive home. Sounds like shawn got lucky or sold it just at the right time.
do you really think the state of Maryland has anything to do with it. maybe its the air here?
maybe he has a heavy foot?
Seems to be a recurring trend around your area.
LS motor? Turbo? blow it up
Old 04-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 90IntegraTuner
Yeah dude that thing was a complete bitch...i have no idea why it was like that...maybe factory defective or what not cause you actually had to bend it remember? I am just going to go nab a new one and just figure it out when i get back home to philly for the summer...

Carlisle meet...im down to go...i know jimmy is gonna go, not sure about Herb...have to figure something out...my car has enough troubles driving in town since i dont drive it that much so when i have to make that trip from pittsburgh back to philly on the tpike that will be the true test...thing shakes like crazy and needs another alignment
dude, i think you need to just start over with a whole different da! lol. i know the feeling though, one thing after another. it sucks but just keep on goin. i'm already starting to make plans for workin on mine again finally. we'll see what this summer brings i guess

yeah i didnt realize til today just how close the carlisle show is already! i've gotta get bustin *** on my hatch so i can have it ready for then. i dont know if i can get it all done or not

Originally Posted by Brice.Hayden
lol i think you might be on to something brice. seems like everyone i know from md that has a boosted honda has problems with them, even the ones that have quality work/parts.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that's upsetting that a heavy foot can blow an engine in 100 miles...assuming you're analysis is correct.

who else blew an ls motor with a turbo?
Old 04-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by OldSkoolDa91
lol i think you might be on to something brice. seems like everyone i know from md that has a boosted honda has problems with them, even the ones that have quality work/parts.
he might be on to something, but I'm not sure the state of Maryland has much to do with it. seems to me like the common denominator is the turbocharger.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i know but its still fun to blame the state lol
Old 04-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LoL, or lack of proper tune?!
Maybe lack of a legit tune is the common factor........
Old 04-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=RABI_T89;42073811]Heres my whip.. what do yall think? gotta rep so cal!!!

You're ride looks clean! some one pieces would look glorryyyy
Old 04-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[quote=Mickeeezy;42078126]
Originally Posted by RABI_T89
Heres my whip.. what do yall think? gotta rep so cal!!!

You're ride looks clean! some one pieces would look glorryyyy

thanks man!i snapped some better pics today.. those are sorta old. ill post em in a few mins.. but i been on the hunt for some clean one pieces for a min now and i cant seem to find clean ones.. or come to the decision of paying up the *** and ordering em from password ect. if you come across any... plzzzz let me know cuz i gots cashh!!
Old 04-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=OldSkoolDa91;42076297]dude, i think you need to just start over with a whole different da! lol. i know the feeling though, one thing after another. it sucks but just keep on goin. i'm already starting to make plans for workin on mine again finally. we'll see what this summer brings i guess

yeah i didnt realize til today just how close the carlisle show is already! i've gotta get bustin *** on my hatch so i can have it ready for then. i dont know if i can get it all done or not

Yeah man...when I finally graduate and get a solid job im going to get another and make it my project car...this one is just a nice beater...especially fun having vtec around the streets. I have not given up on this car so much but I know my time is coming to an end with it...has been a sturdy lil bastard and I love it...just need to do some things this summer to fix her up a little bit (doors, hatch, etc.) so if you come across anything along those lines let me know. I am going to be coming down near your town the first week in May...you got my cell so hit me up broski

That goes for you guys too...if you live anywhere in PA, NJ, NY, DE, MD...let me know if we can work out a deal for two doors, a wingless hatch, hood...thx DAers

--Danny
Old 04-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by da9leo
you sure your ready lol

we had another one today 6.9 centered in the border of cali and mexico

more to come
it was 7.2 and centered in baja...i thought i was tripping out then mom yelled its shakking so i was like ok not just me haha
Old 04-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by b16-ef-si
it was 7.2 and centered in baja...i thought i was tripping out then mom yelled its shakking so i was like ok not just me haha
Haha i get to the airport today and immediately got like 5 texts about it...then look up at CNN and they had it plastered all over the screen...im like wtf? End of the world? hahahaha I mean just had a 4.4 in LA a few weeks ago...looks like California will be an island soon :-P
Old 04-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wiretucks are not fun

Old 04-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

new pics finaly up!!
Old 04-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hb420
Wiretucks are not fun
Ouch, I hope everything works out. Those wires tend to dry up over time and any large movements causes them to break inside ...
Old 04-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^ car looks good!

Originally Posted by 1200 Hobos
Ouch, I hope everything works out. Those wires tend to dry up over time and any large movements causes them to break inside ...
Yup had that problem with simply moving things around inside my bay last year. Damn wires broke inside the insulation.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats one of the reason why im iffy about wiretucks. It looks really nice, but over time, once you get any problems with that wiring, diagnosis is going to be a bitch
Old 04-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DumaDA
thats one of the reason why im iffy about wiretucks. It looks really nice, but over time, once you get any problems with that wiring, diagnosis is going to be a bitch
not really, all you got to know is the ECU wiring at the connector, using half a brain,(noticing wire colors) and where your sensor, or the problem could be.

like if your hunting down a opening, on say your IAT, you locate the ECU, locate the IAT, take note the wire colors at the IAT, look on the ECU connector and locate the same color wires, or have a diagram at where the IAT runs into the ECU connector, unplug both the ECU connector and the IAT connector and test resistance through out the circuit, if it comes up OL then you circuit is open, if you get a reading your fine, as long as its not high.

IF you do have a open, just bypass the whole wire and run a new wire. and pull the old one out. Bam done.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

why does that matter? did it blow up on a dyno? street tune was safe enough for Shawn to drive on it for years. Seems like no one in Maryland can own a turbo car without blowing it up.
Originally Posted by Mattb16teg
that's what i said. Brice didn't agree.
Originally Posted by hb420
Wiretucks are not fun

must be doing it wrong, man! that's probably the most fun.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've had to diagnose a lot of stuff and I ran mine so that I could easily access it by removing the fender. That's why I didn't wrap mine in that braided material everyone uses. If I do that and I need to run something new or replace something, then I have to depin everything again or cut off the braid. Instead, I used wire loom and some heatshrink.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i think im going to start full polishing my mr5's, probably do one wheel per weekend. Should be interesting to see how it comes out
Old 04-05-2010, 10:40 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

that's upsetting that a heavy foot can blow an engine in 100 miles...assuming you're analysis is correct.

who else blew an ls motor with a turbo?
you did. my old ls

he might be on to something, but I'm not sure the state of Maryland has much to do with it. seems to me like the common denominator is the turbocharger.
well with 2 common factors you have to rule out one. Shawn's car was turbo'd in PA and he had no issues. Like i said drove around the car for years NOT blowing it up. Chris drives it across State lines and it blows up.

You really think he drove it around for 3+ years on a shitty tune and handed it off to someone else and it was the tuning that blew it up?
Old 04-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my temp control button popped out of place when i was talking about my climate buttons how do i get it back in place? i keep putting it in but it's not working??
the hot cold one.
i think im going to have to take apart my whole dash cause it ended up not being my buttons that weren't working for my climate control and defroster. was very scary driving home without a defroster yesterday...
Old 04-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You really think he drove it around for 3+ years on a shitty tune and handed it off to someone else and it was the tuning that blew it up?
Was speaking in generalities......
Just saying any car running a "Street Tune" for an extended amount of time is asking for problems. A street tune, IMO, is something to get the car from Point A(home) to Point B(dyno). But then it all points back to people wanting to go fast and not spend they money, esp on something as crucial as a tune!
Old 04-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you did. my old ls
that engine never blew. the turbo was blown when i bought the kit. it blew smoke, i thought the engine was blown. wasn't the case.

well with 2 common factors you have to rule out one. Shawn's car was turbo'd in PA and he had no issues. Like i said drove around the car for years NOT blowing it up. Chris drives it across State lines and it blows up.
you gotta be right. maybe it has something to do with the pollution laws or something?

or not. i just think shawn got lucky and sold his time bomb at the perfect time.

maybe the heavy foot was a good guess? sucks you gotta hold back on these cars...
Old 04-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Was speaking in generalities......
Just saying any car running a "Street Tune" for an extended amount of time is asking for problems. A street tune, IMO, is something to get the car from Point A(home) to Point B(dyno). But then it all points back to people wanting to go fast and not spend they money, esp on something as crucial as a tune!
That's incorrect. The only additional information a dyno gives you is whp and tq numbers. With the right equipment (a/f ratio monitor and datalogging being the biggies), you can drive around on a street tune for years. While that might not maximize the power gain from all of your upgrades, it will insure that your car runs as it should. In fact, you might even say that a dyno would be less desirable because a fan blow on the front of your car isn't exactly simulating real world conditions. Now that's being a little ridiculous, but you get my point. I would agree with you completely if you meant a base map, which isn't the same thing as a street tune.

Quick Reply: DA Integra's Only