Notices

Zeitronix Wideband compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zeitronix Wideband compatibility

I plan on ordering a Zeitronix wb soon, I'm getting the kit that doesn't come with a lcd readout. Instead of getting an expensive *** lcd I was thinking of something like this:

http://www.plxdevices.com/NB_WB_GaugeConv.htm

It's only $40 shipped and I've already got the a/f guage.
Will this work? Both wb's output between 0-5v so this should work right? I just want to be able to keep an eye on things when I'm not tuning.

Also, the zeitronix has an input for boost, instead of buying their boost senor couldn't I just tap into the map senor?
Even if they don't read exactly the same, I could inerpolate that by recording the highest value and compare that to my boost guage.

Does any of this make sense to anyone?
Old 09-07-2004, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Zeitronix Wideband compatibility (90ZCREX)

bump, cmon where the nerds at?
Old 09-08-2004, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

doesnt look like it will work.. i was thinking it may work if it just read off of the o2 sensor itself, but since it does go through the plx unit its doubtful that it would work
Old 09-08-2004, 07:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Zeitronix Wideband compatibility (90ZCREX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90ZCREX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Also, the zeitronix has an input for boost, instead of buying their boost senor couldn't I just tap into the map senor?
Even if they don't read exactly the same, I could inerpolate that by recording the highest value and compare that to my boost guage.

Does any of this make sense to anyone?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was actually wondering about this too. First you need to find out the output of the Kavlico sensor they want to sell you. I wish I knew the part number for it, as Kavlico makes a lot of sensors... The good news is that most of the pressure sensors they sell work off a supplied 5v and have a linear output of 1-5v. Is the output of a stock map sensor? I'm not sure, but I think it is (I've never tested it).

I'll do some testing once I get mine hooked up, but go ahead and try it yourself. You shouldn't blow up anything as the stock map sensor is rated on a 1-5v scale as well (I think -better double check).

One problem you might run into though is that the scale might be different. Let us (me) know what you find.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Zeitronix Wideband compatibility (dennis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dennis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I was actually wondering about this too. First you need to find out the output of the Kavlico sensor they want to sell you. I wish I knew the part number for it, as Kavlico makes a lot of sensors... The good news is that most of the pressure sensors they sell work off a supplied 5v and have a linear output of 1-5v. Is the output of a stock map sensor? I'm not sure, but I think it is (I've never tested it).

I'll do some testing once I get mine hooked up, but go ahead and try it yourself. You shouldn't blow up anything as the stock map sensor is rated on a 1-5v scale as well (I think -better double check).

One problem you might run into though is that the scale might be different. Let us (me) know what you find.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was wondering what part # Kavlico sensor as well. Not sure if I want to pay the $129 from them for that sensor if I can find it cheaper elsewhere. Or even use another sensor with the same specs. All they say is that it's a Kavlico 3.5 Bar (50psi) sensor which typically should be a 5V input and a 0-5V linear output. If you deviate from this by using another sensor then yes, the scale would be off.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Zeitronix Wideband compatibility (surfpac)

I researched the kavlico pressure sensors... they have so many. I even wrote the guys trying to get more info. Received the following:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by surfpac &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hello Dennis,

We do sell direct what we have in
stock. However, we are a "Build-to-order" manufacturer, so many times
there are minimum purchase quantities. We also, have companies that
purchase large quantities for the automotive performance market. They offer
these at a more attractive price that I can. If they can't help you,
then give me a call or email. We sell strictly the pressure transducer
with a 0.5 Vdc to 4.5 Vdc output with a 5.00 Vdc input. Both the
companies below will have the instruments/display for you.

AEM Incorporated
2205 126th Street, Unit A
Hawthorne, CA 90250
Phone: (310) 484-2322 FAX: (310) 484-0152
http://www.aempower.com

OR

JGM Automotive Tooling Incorporated (MoTeC Systems USA)
5355 Industrial Drive
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Phone: (714) 895-7001 FAX: (714) 897-8782
http://www.motec.com

Sincerely,

Robert L. Marousek, Jr.
Application Engineer
Kavlico Corporation
14501 Los Angeles Avenue
Moorpark, CA 93021
Phone: (805) 523-2000; Ext.: 2771
FAX: (805) 523-7125 </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm assuming most of these companies are using the kavlico p165 or 265 - there are others too, but they're all very similar. I'm guessing you'd just have to get the right pressure range. As to getting them cheaper than what zeitronix offers, I'm not sure. Never got a bottom line price from the guy.

Check out http://www.kavlico.com/library/pdf/p265.pdf

Also, I see the AEM's (which are probably the same damn thing) go for about an average of $130 (I think road race engineering sells for $127)
Old 10-11-2004, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Zeitronix Wideband compatibility (dennis)

bUmp~! Im also wondering this, let me know how it goes.