Would you buy a used JRSC or Greddy Turbo kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you buy a used JRSC or Greddy Turbo kit?

Occasionally I see good deals on greddy kits from people upgrading to Full Race or others and the same for Jackson blowers. Used high dollar parts are always a bit "suspect" since the cost to repair completely destroys the savings of buying used. Would you buy either kit used? What about a rebuilt blower in the JAckson kit?
Old 08-25-2005, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

imo new kit with warranty is best. without the warranty you're out $$ if it breaks
Old 08-25-2005, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would consider buying a used turbo kit, but not a supercharger. A turbo is a lot cheaper to rebuild than a supercharger and the other parts that come with a turbo kit aren't usually items that wear out or break easily.

Just make sure the turbo and the rest of the kit is in good shape before you buy it and you'll probably be alright.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bubs)

The problem, though, with buying a used turbo kit is that a used turbo may not appear defective but the seals may be shot so you'll have to shell out a couple hundred to have new seals put in. You won't really know the seals are shot until you run the turbo and have oil pressure sent through it.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Excelerate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Excelerate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The problem, though, with buying a used turbo kit is that a used turbo may not appear defective but the seals may be shot so you'll have to shell out a couple hundred to have new seals put in. You won't really know the seals are shot until you run the turbo and have oil pressure sent through it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you want, go buy a used (but complete) turbo kit, but don't use the old turbo. Buy a new one that fits the manifold/downpipe/piping and then sell the old one. That's what I did.

What the person said is true, turbo kit (except for the turbo itself) rarely wears out, unless you got into an accident and broke the intercooler or sth like that.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (elpiar)

Yea, the turbo kit is less likely to have expesive problems. The SC kit I am looking has a rebuilt blower. Is that a bad sign? Magnusson Motorsports, who I am not familiar with, did the rebuild. Anyone know anything about them?
Old 08-27-2005, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Demon_Dub)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Demon_Dub &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea, the turbo kit is less likely to have expesive problems. The SC kit I am looking has a rebuilt blower. Is that a bad sign? Magnusson Motorsports, who I am not familiar with, did the rebuild. Anyone know anything about them?</TD></TR></TABLE>If magnuson did the rebuild it's done perfect!