Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default worth changing ?

this is what i have now.

this is what im looking at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem

price is unbeatable and im building the motor so i cant spend 500+ for a better manifold. opinions ?
Old 02-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: worth changing ? (zex_cool)

I hope you use a dump tube with your current set up.

Personally I would just save myself the money and keep the one you have now. The cheap ebay one has a bad wastegate location although your current manifold isn't that great either. If its between keeping yours or buying the ebay one....save your money and keep the one you have. Thats my $.02
Old 02-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zex_cool &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is what i have now.

this is what im looking at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem

price is unbeatable and im building the motor so i cant spend 500+ for a better manifold. opinions ? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I never understood that, building a turbo motor but not investing in a decent manifold. Hmm

Old 02-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dump tube is in the making. lol

im not to worried about WG placement as i havent seen any issues even with the worst d series design. better flow is what im looking at. dont laugh.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mitsuman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I never understood that, building a turbo motor but not investing in a decent manifold. Hmm

</TD></TR></TABLE>
im sorry but decent must be different between you and me. but thanks.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (zex_cool)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zex_cool &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dump tube is in the making. lol

im sorry but decent must be different between you and me. but thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you are trying to save money, just keep the one you got. Simple as that. Then you don't have to worry about messing with the downpipe if the other manifold throws it off a bit.

Not to mention you'll have to buy a 90 degree elbow for the wastegate as well.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: worth changing ? (mitsuman)

wow, the revhard manifold is crap, and thats a copy of that, thats supercrap, you should buy it fo sho!
Old 03-02-2008, 10:06 AM
official honda whore

Default Re: worth changing ? (blinx9900)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blinx9900 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow, the revhard manifold is crap, and thats a copy of that, thats supercrap, you should buy it fo sho!</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats funny you say that, because from what i recall the revhard is a quality cast style manifold that has decent wastegate placement... unless your one of the people who think you need a 1,000 full race manifold to make power

i will be using a similar manifold on my 400whp b16 build and i chose it due to quicker spool and the price
Old 03-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: worth changing ? (coptzer)

omg look, someone with a non h-t mind set. weird.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the placement on the log he has is actually better than the cast mani he is looking at. the cast still pulls from mainly one primary. the log on the car already, atleast has a common area where the exh is soming from.

+1 on the dump tube.

and for what it is worth, i am one of those guys that say you need a decent manifold to make good reliable power. i stepped up from a drag kit, and when i did, i dndnt want to step up again for a while, but thats my situation.

i would stick with what you have, spend the money elsewhere, and when the time comes, step up with a bigger turbo, better manifold combo.

also, there was a red civic that went 9.47 with an inline pro cast manifoold.
power can be made with a cast manifold.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by coptzer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thats funny you say that, because from what i recall the revhard is a quality cast style manifold that has decent wastegate placement...</TD></TR></TABLE>

welcome to 2008 brother there quality is gone! they use chinese bov's in there turbo kits, theve reduced the amount of metal used in the molds to the point i stopped selling there crap cause i had to send so many manifolds back, there intercooler pipes are spray painted with rattle can VHT silver ceramic paint and made from mild steel, there downpipes arent flanged on the exit side and dont even have a flex pipe, furthermore the downpipes are cut and weld from a 2.5" U bend! where is the quality in that? i can keep going if you want more reasons revhard is junk...
Old 03-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It should be a nice power upgrade from the one you have imo.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:57 PM
official honda whore

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blinx9900 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

welcome to 2008 brother there quality is gone! they use chinese bov's in there turbo kits, theve reduced the amount of metal used in the molds to the point i stopped selling there crap cause i had to send so many manifolds back, there intercooler pipes are spray painted with rattle can VHT silver ceramic paint and made from mild steel, there downpipes arent flanged on the exit side and dont even have a flex pipe, furthermore the downpipes are cut and weld from a 2.5" U bend! where is the quality in that? i can keep going if you want more reasons revhard is junk...</TD></TR></TABLE>

your talking about revhard and the kits, not the specific manifold he stated..... enough said
Old 03-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this is what im making now on 7psi.

disregard the 9psi thats read by the dyno. something to do with different pressures.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:02 PM
official honda whore

i think your best investment would be a boost controller and some more tuning... it wouldnt be worth the couple hundred dollars to get the downpipe redone and the new manifold for any extra hp gains it would offer

edit: just saw you plan on building the motor... how much power do you plan on making, if you plan on getting around 400hp then i would upgrade to whatever you could afford, inline pro is alil more money and is a very quality manifold
Old 03-02-2008, 05:28 PM

Default Re: (coptzer)

I would keep the manifold you have until Steph Papadakis wants your autograph, just to prove a point.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (coptzer)

i went to the dyno but i forgot the boost controller. 250whp is good enough with the 57trim and self tuning for the first time.

id be happy with anything over 400whp with the built motor. ill also be switching to an hx35.
im debating on having a divided t3 manifold made by a member on here or going with the cast mani i posted.

downsides are: divided t3 mani flows good but puts a big dent into my engine build(money wise); cast doest flow as good but it should result it somewhat faster spool up on the big turbo.

Steve, you care to elaborate ?
Old 03-02-2008, 06:09 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zex_cool &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i went to the dyno but i forgot the boost controller. 250whp is good

Steve, you care to elaborate ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, half the time I'm holding it down, and the other half I'm keepin it real.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by coptzer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

your talking about revhard and the kits, not the specific manifold he stated..... enough said</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blinx9900 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

theve reduced the amount of metal used in the molds to the point i stopped selling there crap cause i had to send so many manifolds back</TD></TR></TABLE>

you must have missed that part, or perhaps you didnt understand it, what i meant was the manifolds cracked so often i had to stop dealing with them. not only that they creep, not as bad as the drag mani, but they do creep.

now the chinese ones are made out of an iron with even less nickel content, if your not sure what the problem is with that look into it.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:01 PM

I've got the same Mani for sale, except its a real Revhard. I'm no longer using this in favor of a Equal length tubular.

Sorry, but there is no faults in this mani. Maybe their new stuff, but this thing is rock solid. Just remember that this is a mani designed for a T3/T4 with a 5bolt exhaust housing.