Notices

World's Highest HP Non-Vtec B18b1! Stock Sleeves

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 06:06 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: World's Highest HP Non-Vtec B18b1! Stock Sleeves

the billet wheel doesn't have any aerodynamic advantage over the cast wheel. it's simply a stronger wheel that can run higher pressure ratios without the wheel flexing, deforming, or growing/expanding at high shaft speeds.

that being said, if you plan on running that turbo near its limit at high pressure ratios the billet wheel will definitely be a safe bet
Old 05-18-2014, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Well, its rather simple. You have to simply list pros and possible cons of each and weigh it to your particular needs

CSS CNC WERX, WXYZ (I kid, I kid )

Pros:

*Very thick dual aluminum layered support block guard (let's call a duck, in fact, a duck, here)

*Individually installed and properly mic'd and spec'd for your 81.00 or 81.5mm pistons

*A good lower cost alternative to cylinder replacement sleeves and sleeve process, while using quality aluminum materials and machining to fit. It has shown some positive results for drag racers.

Cons:

*Can only do 81.00mm to 81.5mm due to the fact that it is as far as the stock sleeve will go. (from what I understand he still won't do B20 Sleeves)
This means later, you cannot go any wider in bore, in case you do destroy it somehow and/or need to use an 82mm+ sized piston.

*Still can crack on the interior liner of the sleeve, which is still a stock sleeve

*Still have to resurface the deck at your local machine shop when the initial work of the process is completed.. that's a second trip somewhere else.

*Warranties of any kind for workmanship? Hard to do since each block is individually done and prepped and trickeng can only do so much to pre-inspect the block before proceeding. Once he completes, I'm sure he'll stand behind his work, but if the sleeve itself fails, he's not negligent, since that's the factory sleeve.

BENSON SLEEVES

Pros:

*Benson sleeve has one location, one manufacturer. That's good QA/QC alone right there.

*Benson uses Nodular iron. Better durability, can take the cylinder pressure heat better than aluminum. This is why its done in the first place.

*Benson doesn't take as much material off the bottom of the block, so no need to align hone for the crank. (I love HAAS machines)

*You can bore later from 81.00mm-86.00mm in case you destroy the engine or want to pursue other goals.

*Higher resale value - (Let's face it, we don't all keep everything in this game, and this all depreciates as it is.)

*Piece of mind... In the end for some of us, that's reason enough, regardless of power level. In the end, its not about just power level, but how you're going to use and abuse the engine and the other components.

Cons:

*Initial cost is higher the CNC Werx

*Shipping may be more expensive, and turn around time may vary since they are in Idaho now, depending upon your location.

So, TravisBiggie, the way you weigh this is to ask yourself whether or not its worth the extra $500 for what's out there. Only YOU can answer that. But don't use just POWER as a criteria for what you're trying to do. CNC Werx uses its unique process, drag racing E.T.s and dyno power as its sales / marketing strategy, Benson uses materials, QC, and durability and piece of mind as its sales/marketing strategy. Both have their place. In the end, its up to you.
You are wrong mine is 82mm bore and so is. The yosolo car and they also CSS B20 blocks so there is your 84mm bore.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

And you have to watch what billet wheel you buy. There is a bunch of people selling cheap knock off wheels. That will come apart and destroy the whole engine.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B23-Vtec
And you have to watch what billet wheel you buy. There is a bunch of people selling cheap knock off wheels. That will come apart and destroy the whole engine.
Where did you purchase your billet wheel?
Old 05-18-2014, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B23-Vtec
Can you please link me to a thread where this happened? Have you personally seen this happen and have pictures or something.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Mine came from mike turbo in fl
Old 07-19-2015, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so.....its been over a year...kicking the dead horse here!...hahaha...i'm interested to see some updates or something?....still running? best time? or did she blow?......any new track vids?....
Old 07-21-2015, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts

Did it ever run 9.5's LOL
Old 07-21-2015, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Can't speak for Ricky, but i believe they had some tranny problems and lost second gear last season, and he's made some changes since then. He's been busy fixing his trailer puller, he still has the car though!