Notices

Won Ebay JRSC, what else do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 09:31 PM
xsnrgsr

Default Won Ebay JRSC, what else do I need?

I won this auction, can you guys tell me what more I need. He stated it needed the belt, pulley, and L-bracket, but I also think it needs a FMU. Thanks!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...93407
Old 07-20-2003, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Won Ebay JRSC, what else do I need? (xsnrgsr)

If that is all the person is including, you are missing the alternator bracket with pulley, the tensioner braket and pulley (a lot of mechanical necessities), the fuel relay, the alternator pulley, a new gaket (between the mani and blower) two belts, let me think what else....
Old 07-20-2003, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Won Ebay JRSC, what else do I need? (KingDsi)

I meant to spell gasket...
Oh the black bracket thing in the picture is stock, so that is garbage along with some of that B.S. hardware.
You did get the throttle body, so you could sell it to pay for all of that stuff you are going to need.
Which is going to be $200-$500
Old 07-21-2003, 12:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have all the pullies I believe that you need. They came on one of our cars from i.a.a.i auction in seattle. Off a type r. I am pretty sure they are the same pullies. Pm me if u need them
Old 07-21-2003, 03:18 PM
xsnrgsr

I downloaded the instruction book from JR, so I know most of the hardware that I need. But...does the JRSC kit come with the JR FMU or is that something extra. I think JR calls it a Fuel Enrichment System.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It should come with it.

If you need one, I have a one I'll sell you really cheap.

Ideally you should get proper enginemanagement on the car though...like Hondata.
Old 07-21-2003, 05:03 PM

Don't waste money on the JR one. Get a vortech, paxson or areomotive with the same 5-1 disk. But yes, in stock form (no ad-ons) you need the "FMU".
Old 07-21-2003, 05:07 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

so are there any fast supercharged cars yet? people have been modding hondas for a long *** time. i am still waiting.
Old 07-21-2003, 05:40 PM
New User

Default Re: Won Ebay JRSC, what else do I need? (Spunkster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spunkster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It should come with it.

If you need one, I have a one I'll sell you really cheap.

Ideally you should get proper enginemanagement on the car though...like Hondata.</TD></TR></TABLE>

just curious how much will u let that go for?
Old 07-21-2003, 05:41 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xsnrgsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I won this auction, can you guys tell me what more I need. He stated it needed the belt, pulley, and L-bracket, but I also think it needs a FMU. Thanks!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...93407 </TD></TR></TABLE>

and by the way u outbid me man
Old 07-22-2003, 02:59 AM

Default Re: Won Ebay JRSC, what else do I need? (NOT EVIL falconGSR)

I am quick, not fully tuned (dyno), but I will be going turbo SOON. I will be in Plano to visit my sis. I'll drop you an email.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:37 AM

My friends GSR ran a 8.80 on street tires with no nitrous with a JRSC I think thats fast
Old 07-23-2003, 08:31 PM
xsnrgsr

Default Re: Won Ebay JRSC, what else do I need?

Ok,
I figured if I have to buy the belt and pulley and FMU and all that, I might as well buy the 8psi upgrade. It comes with a timing controller, fuel pump, plugs, thermostat, and new belt and pulley anyway. Since I need the FMU also, is there something (maybe Hondata?) that could replace the FMU and timing controller? That way I could just buy the Hondata and pulley, plugs etc...and save some money. Would that work? And would the s100 be the Hondata to get? Thanks for you help, I am still learning.
Old 07-24-2003, 02:44 AM

Are you getting the mechanical hardware to? (tensioner bracket with pulley, and alternator bracket with pulley) These pullies (and brackets) I am refering to are not the pulley that comes with the kit. And when you go on the site, you can buy the pullies, but not the brakets. You have to talk to them personaly. Just making sure. You said you looked at the instructions right?
Old 07-24-2003, 05:04 AM

You can buy everything from Jackson here: http://www.jacksonracing.com/p...r.pdf
Old 07-24-2003, 12:26 PM
xsnrgsr

Default Re: Won Ebay JRSC, what else do I need? (96IntegraRS)

Yes, I know all the hardware that I don't have and that I need. But, upgrading to the higher boost, some hardware will be replaced with new, correct? My main question is about the things that come with the boost upgrade, like the timing controller, and new fuel pump. Are these things necessary, or will a good engine management device work in their place? Or do I even need that? Will the FMU and new fuel pump keep it from running lean, do I even need the timing controller? All these extras are what are confusing me!
Old 07-24-2003, 01:16 PM

As far as hardware is concerned, just the main pulley (the crank, maybe the SC pulley if they changed it) not the brackets. It comes with the BTC, which helps retard and advance timing where neccesary. The fuel pump to keep up with the demanded fuel pressure. I believe a new FMU that has a higher ratio for fuel pressure increase. A different size belt.
How much is the kit? Because honestly, you can probably go a different route and save money...
Old 07-24-2003, 08:49 PM
xsnrgsr

The boost upgrade for the GSR is 550 dollars, and comes with a crank pulley, boost timing controller, fuel pump, 160 degree thermostat, and cold spark plugs. I noticed that the website says:

"With all installations, with the exception of the Ford Focus, we suggest a high flow fuel pump. Most pumps are either too tired or don't flow enough fuel once the Supercharger is installed. One heat range colder of spark plugs and a cooler thermostat all help in making power and keeping you safely from the detonation threshold. Other parts such as our Boost Timing Controller, MAP Controller, and VPAC are a few products that are not necessarily recommended, but will greatly enhance your Supercharging experience."

They are talking about the standard 6psi kit, so do you think I still need the BTC with the upgrade?
Old 07-25-2003, 03:41 AM

Well, if it doesn't come with an FMU, you have to buy one. That's an extra $100+. So, your total is going to be $650+. What I recommend is getting the alternator pully from Endyn for $100 (will raise boost 2-3lbs) ask them about other options (possible smaller charger pulley to raise boost). Get 450 DSM injectors for $50-100, a VAFC for $225 (old style, brand new on ebay) and get a boost timing master (MSD) for around $200. Then tune away. If you have more money, instead of the VAFC, go hondata. You wont need the FMU or fuel pump with this set up... Get the colder spark plugs and colder thermostat though...