Notices

Will you do my homework for me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will you do my homework for me?

Guys, it isnt that I am an idiot, but I have a really inexpensive opportunity to put a turbo in with my B18A1 Civic Si.

I need someone to do my homework, cause simply, I don't know how.

I am overhauling my B18A with stock head, and internals, new rings, rods, mains, etc. The head was over heated so I went overboard and had the machinist cut .020 off the surface.
Is this too much? What else will I have to do to make this turbo work properly. I am the type of guy that likes to put his foot in it some.
How many PSI can I run, fuel PSI, etc...

Can anyone educate me through this post?

Thanks for looking.
Scoo-D
Old 02-27-2004, 07:21 AM

I heard that they trick people by making the "do my homework now button" say "search".

Try it out.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Will you do my homework for me? (CRneXt)

Simple question: What turbo?
Old 02-27-2004, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will you do my homework for me? (raene)

here is the answer to all of your questions. Http://www.honda-tech.com/zerosearch
Old 02-27-2004, 07:39 AM
Banned

Default Re: Will you do my homework for me? (genop)

stock internals or forged??
Old 02-27-2004, 07:52 AM

Default Re: Will you do my homework for me? (Burke)

stock internals.

Nevermind man. Thanks for attempting to help. Seems that there are too many got damn flamers on this website.

Seems you have to go through a rigorous search for 11 months of sundays, never get your answers, and then have someone ******* throw a got-damn 'search again' post in your face. That is why I hate this website. Like walking into a store, and the people tell you to look for it your damn self.
I have been a ******* member longer than it looks. This forum has gone to hell like all the rest. Lazy bitches.

Thanks anyway.
Scott
Old 02-27-2004, 07:55 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRneXt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">stock internals.

Nevermind man. Thanks for attempting to help. Seems that there are too many got damn flamers on this website.

Seems you have to go through a rigorous search for 11 months of sundays, never get your answers, and then have someone ******* throw a got-damn 'search again' post in your face. That is why I hate this website. Like walking into a store, and the people tell you to look for it your damn self.
I have been a ******* member longer than it looks. This forum has gone to hell like all the rest. Lazy bitches.

Thanks anyway.
Scott</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its because posts like this have been made numerous times, and if you did a search you would find more then enough info to know what you want to do, YOU are the lazy one if you cant search, and do your own homework.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:55 AM

My favourite is when you start searching and the only threads you find end in someone telling the person to "search"
Old 02-27-2004, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Will you do my homework for me? (raene)

THAT IS EXACLTY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

I hate honda-tech for this ****.
Sorry if I am still too angry.

Scott
Old 02-27-2004, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Will you do my homework for me? (ITSTOCK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITSTOCK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Its because posts like this have been made numerous times, and if you did a search you would find more then enough info to know what you want to do, YOU are the lazy one if you cant search, and do your own homework.</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude, seriously, the search function on this site is terrible. simple as that. I have searched ad nauseum to find specific info and its like walking up to a sleeping cow with a butcher knife, sure you'll get a hit, but it won't necessarily be the cut you want. advanced, not advanced, doesn't matter, you're better off sifting through hundreds of pages of past posts.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:39 AM

you will need fuel management of some type. installing a walbro and bigger injectors is prolly the cheapest way of keeping the lean demons at bay, but you are better off with a standalone, or at least a piggy back. charge piping is just a matter of cutting and welding. do you have a manifold yet? being that you cut that much off the head, I would say get a thicker head gasket, but being that it warped once, it is prone to do it again, fyi. what are your hp/boost/time goals? and again, what turbo? t25? t3/4? for that matter what do you haveso far at all?
Old 03-01-2004, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Will you do my homework for me? (ForceThis!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ForceThis! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you will need fuel management of some type. installing a walbro and bigger injectors is prolly the cheapest way of keeping the lean demons at bay, but you are better off with a standalone, or at least a piggy back. charge piping is just a matter of cutting and welding. do you have a manifold yet? being that you cut that much off the head, I would say get a thicker head gasket, but being that it warped once, it is prone to do it again, fyi. what are your hp/boost/time goals? and again, what turbo? t25? t3/4? for that matter what do you haveso far at all?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks bro. At lest somone agrees with me on the searching part. I always try to search before I post anything... My post count got reset in like my 2nd year (last year) from 200 to 0. Says so in my title.... Sucks to be branded. Also changed my sign on date, because someone MANUALLY set me up so I could use the Classified forum. I made a mistake, but my point is, I formerly used H-T more as a search engine than anything else.
I USED TO GET MY ANSWERS. I dont know what happened, but sometime after the big change or upgrade, it went to hell.....
I think all the good topics got erased or archived inside an archive, that we haven't access to. Prolly got some moderators somewhere taking all the REAL info and hording it for themselves, everytime someone makes an intelligent post. In turn, leaving us all the topics that match our criteria that have *SEARCH* as the replies...

JM2CW,
Pay attention, it never gets reposted!!!!
Scott
Old 03-01-2004, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why not upgrade internals while you do the rebuild and "overhaul"... couple more bucks and you got stout stuff.

I am unsure what your asking more than anything I think... what do you want out of this setup? low boost? high? drag? road course? street driven? no lag wanted? etc?
Old 03-01-2004, 04:42 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRneXt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">stock internals.

Thanks anyway.
Scott</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, you're right.

Here, drive the car up to me. I'll build it for you, and I'll even pay for everything. Then I'll tune it and drive it too.

Want me to change your sheets too?

You didn't even ask a damn question, you asked:

"How many PSI can I run, fuel PSI, etc..."

How many PSI, fuel psi, etc. Sweet question.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyways.... You are asking very general questions. you need to get more specific. doesnt matter how much was milled of the top. If you are running a "stock" block then you are only going to be able to boost as much as your gas octane and engine will allow you to run. No one will be able to tell you that you can run 10 pounds of boost or what ever. For all we know your engine might blow again.

Here are a few questions that might help you on your way....

What compression pistons are you going to run?
What turbo spec are you going to run?
What fuel management are you going to run?

you also ask what psi fuel you can run? Well it depends. It depends on what other parts you will run and what HP you are pushing.

Be more specific and people will help you. I know the search function sucks but you also have to search properly. You can do a serch on " how much boost and fuel can i run" Your not going to get what you need.

Good Luck
Old 03-01-2004, 05:58 PM

Search has always worked just fine for me
I was always worried about getting flamed when I was a noob so I just read and learned. Not hard.

There were several things I didn't fully grasp, so I asked educated questions and received help in return.

I never expected to be spoon fed. Maybe your definition of 'lazy' is different than mine. It seems that you are the lazy one.

It does take some effort to go through the posts, especially when people like you keep asking stupid **** and all you get is 'search'. The rest of us worked for our knowledge and expect the same from everyone else.

If you think the search feature is bad buy a book. You might be surprised on the number of related titles available at your local book store.

Even though you don't deserve it, here is a decent starting point.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (devnull)

great site
Old 03-02-2004, 07:16 PM

Default Re: (devnull)

http://www.cse.uconn.edu/~yele....html

yes, excellent visual resource. I plan on posting mine for F22 series soon
Old 03-02-2004, 07:35 PM

Default Re: (ForceThis!)

How about this, Since you've searched why not tell us what you've figured out so far, and then ask specific questions pertaining to something your not sure of. It works a lot better then saying I have a b18 and I want a turbo, then expecting up to design a turbo system for your car. You have provided NO info for us to even start with (oh wait you mentioned that you like to put your foot into sometimes).
Since you searched for months, what have you narrowed your fuel management options down to? You should have some idea of what you would like to use. How much power are you looking ot make? What is the main intent of the car? Track, street,both, drag,autox etc.
How much would you like to spend? You know you get on here expect a miracle out of everybody then bitch because we tell you to do what you should have done in the first place (if you truly had searched you would have known that you need to provide some info for us to go off of).
I've seen way more then a few posts asking this type of question. So before you get your panties all up in a bunch, do your homework.

We will gladly help you out when you have a legitimate question, a question that has some foundation and guidelines. have a nice night.