Notices

will a turbo from a chrysler laser or ford probe fit my civic?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will a turbo from a chrysler laser or ford probe fit my civic?

Just like the title says. My brother-in-law owns a junkyard and one day i snooped around to see what i can find. I tumbled in two chrysler lasers and both of them have turbos. I also saw a ford probe with turbo too and i didnt even know probe came with turbos. All i remember it has a 2.2L engine. i would like to know if it will fit ej8. The two chryslers have the turbo facing the firewall if that matters. Will it work? what other parts do i need? is it worth it? How much gains do i expect? thanks in advance!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: will a turbo from a chrysler laser or ford probe fit my civic? (civic_type_r)

c'mon fellas
Old 07-21-2005, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

with an adapter yes, but noone makes one, so you'll have to have one made. actually i use the ford probe intercooler on my CRX. got it for 7 bucks.
why would you want that turbo though it's kinda small
Old 07-21-2005, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

homemadeturbo here we come
Old 07-21-2005, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NastyHabitzCRX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NastyHabitzCRX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">with an adapter yes, but noone makes one, so you'll have to have one made. actually i use the ford probe intercooler on my CRX. got it for 7 bucks.
why would you want that turbo though it's kinda small </TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe your right but if i can get it for free why not.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (civic_type_r)

will it work?
Old 07-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (civic_type_r)

yes we are actually doing this same setup as you... the ihirb25 is the turbo that you are talking about it comes from ford probes mostly... it is a water and oil cooled turbo and yes with a hf/std/cx manifold with adapter you too can be turbo... you might want to look up homemadeturbo.com
good luck man
Old 07-23-2005, 12:49 AM

no one makes them?? search befor u post stupid **** go to homemadeturbo.com u get get an adapter plate to fit a hf manifold(came off of the hf crx sell for about 50) u can get a adapter plate for about 50$ also if u want to make a junkyard turbo kit check out homemadeturbo.com its a badass site just search around befor u post. O and its a rhb5 turbo come off a few cars mazdas-probs ext.. there a very small turbo for a d15 or 16 id say it might be ok you will spool at about 2800 rpms but these turbos hate high rpms it wont hold 10 psi till redline maybe 8 there small turbos spool fast drop at high rpms.. id say if u can get it for free id make u a kit u could use the intercooler off the probe the turbo find a turbo eclispe get the injectors find a crx get the manifold(also come off some civics) and get the bov off the eclipse good luck man
Old 07-23-2005, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

use the chrystler laser turbo, its a 14b turbo which is a mitsu td05 turbo and has been proven to pull cars into 11's, well, stripped out cars with built motors, But Im just saying its a potent turbo and awesome to use if you get it for free
Old 07-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ITSME4G63)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITSME4G63 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">use the chrystler laser turbo, its a 14b turbo which is a mitsu td05 turbo and has been proven to pull cars into 11's, well, stripped out cars with built motors, But Im just saying its a potent turbo and awesome to use if you get it for free</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for the info.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lshatch1.8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lshatch1.8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no one makes them?? search befor u post stupid **** go to homemadeturbo.com u get get an adapter plate to fit a hf manifold(came off of the hf crx sell for about 50) u can get a adapter plate for about 50$ also if u want to make a junkyard turbo kit check out homemadeturbo.com its a badass site just search around befor u post. O and its a rhb5 turbo come off a few cars mazdas-probs ext.. there a very small turbo for a d15 or 16 id say it might be ok you will spool at about 2800 rpms but these turbos hate high rpms it wont hold 10 psi till redline maybe 8 there small turbos spool fast drop at high rpms.. id say if u can get it for free id make u a kit u could use the intercooler off the probe the turbo find a turbo eclispe get the injectors find a crx get the manifold(also come off some civics) and get the bov off the eclipse good luck man </TD></TR></TABLE>

chill out bro! i did check it out but i wasnt too sure what turbo i was looking into?
Thanks for the info yes i did hear something about a e. manifold from a hx or crx but no gains? How much gains will be lookin at?

thanks for breakin it down for me!
Old 07-23-2005, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: will a turbo from a chrysler laser or ford probe fit my civic? (civic_type_r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic_type_r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> The two chryslers have the turbo facing the firewall if that matters. </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITSME4G63 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">use the chrystler laser turbo, its a 14b turbo which is a mitsu td05 turbo </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats not a 14B, those are teo4h, they're small but the hardest part of using one is the downpipe. Theres no possible way to use the stock o2 housing, you have to make (have someone make one for you) a flange and then the opening is 2"X4" so you have to get creative making the DP/OS housing. *OR* you can use a sabb/T3 exhaust housing on it instead. You can get adapter flanges to mate it to a hf manifold though.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: will a turbo from a chrysler laser or ford probe fit my civic? (G2turbo_terror)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G2turbo_terror &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats not a 14B, those are teo4h, they're small but the hardest part of using one is the downpipe. Theres no possible way to use the stock o2 housing, you have to make (have someone make one for you) a flange and then the opening is 2"X4" so you have to get creative making the DP/OS housing. *OR* you can use a sabb/T3 exhaust housing on it instead. You can get adapter flanges to mate it to a hf manifold though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

plymouth/chrysler laser turbos are td05, dont tell me they are not, its a 14b unless its an automatic then it comes witha td04 13g. If you dont believe me, go on dsmtuners.com or even ask any other dsmer on here and theyll tell ya the same Im tellign you
Old 07-23-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: will a turbo from a chrysler laser or ford probe fit my civic? (ITSME4G63)

He said the turbo was facing the firewall, so it is not a 14b if it was it would be a front mounted turbo, manual transmission, and a 4g63
Old 07-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic_type_r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
chill out bro! i did check it out but i wasnt too sure what turbo i was looking into?
</TD></TR></TABLE>he was being a dick to me not you.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lshatch1.8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> search befor u post stupid **** there a very small turbo for a d15 or 16 id say it might be ok you will spool at about 2800 rpms but these turbos hate high rpms it wont hold 10 psi till redline maybe 8 there small turbos spool fast drop at high rpms.. </TD></TR></TABLE>you sound so intelligent, just by the way you are so good with grammar. thanks i didn't know you were so informative i will keep this in mind when i have a turbo question
Old 07-23-2005, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lshatch1.8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lshatch1.8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no one makes them?? search befor u post stupid **** go to homemadeturbo.com u get get an adapter plate to fit a hf manifold(came off of the hf crx sell for about 50) u can get a adapter plate for about 50$ also if u want to make a junkyard turbo kit check out homemadeturbo.com its a badass site just search around befor u post. O and its a rhb5 turbo come off a few cars mazdas-probs ext.. there a very small turbo for a d15 or 16 id say it might be ok you will spool at about 2800 rpms but these turbos hate high rpms it wont hold 10 psi till redline maybe 8 there small turbos spool fast drop at high rpms.. id say if u can get it for free id make u a kit u could use the intercooler off the probe the turbo find a turbo eclispe get the injectors find a crx get the manifold(also come off some civics) and get the bov off the eclipse good luck man </TD></TR></TABLE>

not bad sorry mang!
Old 07-24-2005, 01:38 AM

sorry didnt mean to be so rude just hate it when ppl give out info that aint true. Sorry this msn bs just gets to me sometimes. Also im an old dsm guys and the plym lazer is what comes with a 14b and these turbos are badass.. but the one he is talking about comes off another car and is a tiny turbo smaller than a rhb5. Just look around and build you a kit, good luck man.