Notices

will someone please explain widebands to me?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 07:50 AM
ludetech

Default will someone please explain widebands to me?

how do they work?
what all do I need to put together my own wideband kit
it is my understanding all I need is a bosch wideband sensor and a gauge that reads wideband like the greddy a/f gauge.

people talk about using honda sensors for wideband. isnt there one already one on my car? could I tap off of it somehow? and I did do a search thanks
also how does the wideband interlink with your engine management? I thought it was just a gauge that was seperate that you used to tune off of?? also what is the datalogging option what does that do? Is that like a chip style thing where you can not only read the a/f but you can also save and impliment the desired a/f?

I checked out this thread also and a few other ones
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=949027

Modified by ludetech at 9:35 AM 8/10/2004
Old 08-10-2004, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: will someone please explain widebands to me? (ludetech)

This is a pretty simple explanation.

http://www.lambdaboy.com/why.html
Old 08-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: will someone please explain widebands to me? (ludetech)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ludetech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how do they work?
what all do I need to put together my own wideband kit
it is my understanding all I need is a bosch wideband sensor and a gauge that reads wideband like the greddy a/f gauge.

people talk about using honda sensors for wideband. isnt there one already one on my car? could I tap off of it somehow? and I did do a search thanks
also how does the wideband interlink with your engine management? I thought it was just a gauge that was seperate that you used to tune off of?? also what is the datalogging option what does that do? Is that like a chip style thing where you can not only read the a/f but you can also save and impliment the desired a/f?

I checked out this thread also and a few other ones
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=949027</TD></TR></TABLE>

greddy guage doesnt read wideband.
You can use a autometer gauge if you get a wideband controller, and a guage kit from plx.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:37 AM
ludetech

thanks guys so far. does anyone know the answers to the rest of my questions
Old 08-10-2004, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ludetech)

widebands typically don't go into you ecu, however some wideband sensors have a narrow band O2 output that you can wire to your ecu so it think you have the stock sensor in. Another option popular with uberdata and other programs that can datalog, is to feed the ecu the wideband output and have the A/F ratio displayed with the rest of the datalogging information
Old 08-10-2004, 08:52 AM
ludetech

Default Re: (toolowsol)

^^ cool, what is datalogging?
Old 08-10-2004, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by toolowsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">widebands typically don't go into you ecu, however some wideband sensors have a narrow band O2 output that you can wire to your ecu so it think you have the stock sensor in. Another option popular with uberdata and other programs that can datalog, is to feed the ecu the wideband output and have the A/F ratio displayed with the rest of the datalogging information</TD></TR></TABLE>

good info
Old 08-10-2004, 01:12 PM
ludetech

bump, what is datalogging
Old 08-12-2004, 09:03 AM
ludetech

bump again can someone explain datalogging
Old 08-12-2004, 09:05 AM
ludetech

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by toolowsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">widebands typically don't go into you ecu, however some wideband sensors have a narrow band O2 output that you can wire to your ecu so it think you have the stock sensor in. Another option popular with uberdata and other programs that can datalog, is to feed the ecu the wideband output and have the A/F ratio displayed with the rest of the datalogging information</TD></TR></TABLE>

also what is the advantage of wiring it up so it will think you have a stock sensor?
Old 08-12-2004, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ludetech)

I know for the aem you can wire the wideband into the aem ems. Then you can use the auto tune feature of aem. You have to calibrate your sensor to work with the aem unit.

Data logging is exctally what it sounds like. It logs data. This data would be your a/f vs rpm or speed or whatever the datalogging software has. But I think most is a/f vs rpm. You can then take that raw data and graph it in excell or whatever you want to do with it.

Here are some links to some threads on honda-tech. If you use the search button and search achivved content with the search term wideband you should get like 269 threads in the FI forum alone.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=635792

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=814157