Notices

will a fuel system cleaning work on my turbo d?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will a fuel system cleaning work on my turbo d?

this is probably a dumb question, but i know you can take your car to say jiffy lube and get a fuel system cleaning for a 50 bux. ive done it before when my car was na, and it would make your car run rough and spit out black smoke everywhere. Would i be able to get this done now that i am turbocharged? Would it cause any problems while they are doing the cleaning?
Old 05-29-2004, 04:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: will a fuel system cleaning work on my turbo d? (onelowchef)

True fuel system cleanings are supposed to pressurize your fuel system using your fuel pump. The idea is to force a detergent mixture/additive through your injectors to clean out deposits and such.

Its really ineffective if you ask me. I recommend removing your injectors and having them cleaned with those ionizer thingies. Im not sure of the technical term, but I used to have to drop off injectors to get cleaned, and they would run them through an extremely high pressure system to check the spray/misting patterns and make sure you had effective injectors. The pressures they run them at cannot be done on your car without breaking things.

Help any?