Notices

Will 6psi WG Spring open without reference line?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 Will 6psi WG Spring open without reference line?

I have a 6 psi spring in a Tial F38 Wastegate. I used to run between 6-22psi from the spring with the help of my EBC.

I want to go for more boost, but dont want to lose my low boost driveability, can running the boost solednoid in a normally closed setup in line on the lower wg diaphragms reference line (i.e. basically no boost pressure until hondata kicks the EBC open to control boost) actually increase the boost beyond 22psi? I understand the principle of supplying equal pressure on both sides of the WG diaphragm, but why does it still only allow 22psi? Is it getting blown open by the exhaust pressure?

Exhaust backpressure is dependent on the compressors load (psi), so I would assume that it wouldnt blow the wg open.

SO main question is, if i run no reference lines to the WG running a 6 psi spring....will it blow open?
Old 07-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Will 6psi WG Spring open without reference line?

Originally Posted by pavilionlivin
I have a 6 psi spring in a Tial F38 Wastegate. I used to run between 6-22psi from the spring with the help of my EBC.

I want to go for more boost, but dont want to lose my low boost driveability, can running the boost solednoid in a normally closed setup in line on the lower wg diaphragms reference line (i.e. basically no boost pressure until hondata kicks the EBC open to control boost) actually increase the boost beyond 22psi? I understand the principle of supplying equal pressure on both sides of the WG diaphragm, but why does it still only allow 22psi? Is it getting blown open by the exhaust pressure?

Exhaust backpressure is dependent on the compressors load (psi), so I would assume that it wouldnt blow the wg open.

SO main question is, if i run no reference lines to the WG running a 6 psi spring....will it blow open?
no, thats now how they work.