Notices

Why are there still Honda haters?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (rhamlinii)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rhamlinii &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well with-in the import world the 4g63 vs. Honda battle has been going on long before I drive. I remember going to my first couple of street races, and everyone seemed to have a Honda. Most were slow, or just about to blow-up. I just kind of dared to be different, and got my 1st AWD talon. All of a sudden, I had a bit of repect when it came to street races. Not many Hondas wanted to race me the street, without me giving them something. I always repected fast cars, and you will be extremely stupid not to. My respect for honda's didn't change until NON-VTEC (Rick) raced a guy named John Coggs with a 2G Eclipse. He raced him heads up, no bitching or nothing. He raced and lost. He shaked his hand and said he'd do it again and paid the man. He did do it again, and busted his *** without asking for cars (heads up). His car was nitrous powered at the time, but Coggs had all the big parts back then and ran 11's on pump gas with a 50trim. Both car were on race gas I believe. It was maybe just him as a man, but I thought damn. "That little red hatch is pretty fast street car". I didn't start out liking Roger (street racing) , but he's a good friend of mine now (nothing I wouldn't do for him). MD23vtec Vs TryMe 1 (Avon) was by far, one the craziest thing i've ever seen other then RichG vs TryMe 1. Poorboy (Jarred)Vs TryMe 1(Avon) was also a bad *** race. When MD23vtec beat TryMe 1, that was the first time i've ever seen my man Avon turn "humble". Jarred lost, but after re-tuning or something it blew up or something and never re-did the race. I was still a kid but alot of money was exchanged, and people stood up and did what they had to do. When it comes down to it, it's the people we truely hate. The car's are just something we attach the hate to, and it passes with time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Those where the good ole days.

If you want respect you must respect yourself first. I could truely careless about what others think. I do what I do for the love of it and if you dont like it [freak] off. Thats my attitude about it. I race with most domestic cars and I get mad respect anywhere I go. I was racing at DOT race(street car, Street legal tires, heads up). I qualified 5-6 with a 10.7@145 in a 13 car Field, full of V-8 cars most with power adders. I won first round and as I was lined up to race a mustang 2nd round the drive said "I work at Honda and I dont see any fast hondas but man your car is bad ***" " I dont mean any disrespect but I dont see any fast ones" I laughed and said I know what you mean there not many fast ones around here. The ricers make real Honda owners look bad.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nonvtecallmotor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nonvtecallmotor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If you want respect you must respect yourself first. I could truely careless about what others think. I do what I do for the love of it and if you dont like it [freak] off. Thats my attitude about it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I think most guys that get mad respect, get it almost completely on accident. They don't ask for it, they don't search for it, or demand it. They get it because of work ethic. And it's a title used by others for you, but you can never use it yourself to describe yourself. It's like saying that someone is cool. "... Man, that dude is cool!..." Other people can say you're cool, but you cannot, nor can you claim it by earning it somehow.

I don't know about that "don't care what people think" statement. Example, when you're at the track, you're kind of their to help put on a show. People pay to get in, etc, and this helps keep the track open.

Even if you can't win, for whatever reason, when a dad and son come back through the pits later, and want to shake your hand because you flat do the most badass burnout ever in "insert your car here", that's pretty cool.

if a person claimed to do the most badass burnout ever, you'd be a jackass for saying so. For people to say that you do, and then shake your hand for it, that's a very humbling experience.

I might not be saying it right, but the point is, it's important to care, just a little.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vectorsolid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vectorsolid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think most guys that get mad respect, get it almost completely on accident. They don't ask for it, they don't search for it, or demand it. They get it because of work ethic. And it's a title used by others for you, but you can never use it yourself to describe yourself. It's like saying that someone is cool. "... Man, that dude is cool!..." Other people can say you're cool, but you cannot, nor can you claim it by earning it somehow.

I don't know about that "don't care what people think" statement. Example, when you're at the track, you're kind of their to help put on a show. People pay to get in, etc, and this helps keep the track open.

Even if you can't win, for whatever reason, when a dad and son come back through the pits later, and want to shake your hand because you flat do the most badass burnout ever in "insert your car here", that's pretty cool.

if a person claimed to do the most badass burnout ever, you'd be a jackass for saying so. For people to say that you do, and then shake your hand for it, that's a very humbling experience.

I might not be saying it right, but the point is, it's important to care, just a little. </TD></TR></TABLE>If you race for someone else beside yourself then YOU race for the wrong reasons. I race because thats what I love to do. I could give a rats *** if no one was at the track.
You would have to be totally clueless if you dont know who you are or what you are.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a neighbor with a big block El Camino that made 500RWHP and 550RWTQ and he talked **** from day one until he drove my old car all motor and realized that 8500RPM banging gears in such a light car was fun. He had and never will own a japanese car, but from that point on he respected anything that was quick. Our little good ole boy track has the most haters I've ever heard in my life until a Civic runs a sub 13 second pass and then drives home and they shut up after hanging out there for a little bit....... It's a way of life in car culture, no one car will ever make the different ends of the spectrum happy.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why are there still Honda haters? (VtecCarHauler)

people hate what they dont understand or are afraid of
Old 09-14-2008, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Why are there still Honda haters? (HondaKyle)

My father-in-law is a die hard Chevy freak. He always pokes fun at my car calling it a rice burner and little boys toy so on and so forth. He never speaks highly of any import and I cant get him to go for a ride at all. I over herd him telling his best friend that it was all in good fun and that it wasnt that he didnt want to ride in it cuz it was an import but because he didnt want to be in a small car with that much power. LOL Now I call him a *****! haha
Old 09-15-2008, 01:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nonvtecallmotor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you race for someone else beside yourself then YOU race for the wrong reasons. I race because thats what I love to do. I could give a rats *** if no one was at the track.
You would have to be totally clueless if you dont know who you are or what you are. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I respect your opinion.

But sometimes it's about puting on a show for the fans. Because you also respect and appreciate them.

V8 guy in this video. Burnout was for the fans no doubt about it, and personally, I appreciated it.
http://www.grs-motorsports.com...4.wmv
Old 09-15-2008, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Why are there still Honda haters? (VtecCarHauler)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VtecCarHauler &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why are there still Honda haters? After all this time don't you think other car fans would just give respect where it is due. This Honda has no torque issue is still being thrown around. Does anyone race from 1000rpms to 4000rpm besides me in my turbo diesel pickup. I started out as a Toyota man, hating on vtec until one day I drove a Eg with a b18c1. After that even I knew what's up. Oh well for me it's Turbo Honda forever!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because to many kids running around with their first car, which is usually a honda because theres soooo many of them out there. SO the ratio of smart to dumb drivers for the honda brand is skewed because of this.

Honda's can be bought for cheap which makes them a great car for younger people who then want a muffler ect and then think their car is the shizzz nit yo.